It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There's a lot of off the wall stories around the conspiracy world, I find many of them end up conflicting with each other. I postulate that there are a few categories regarding those who are purposely misleading. Obviously you have the advertisers who are just looking to make a little money from the conspiracy demographic, there are those who will say anything just to get a little attention, then there are those who wish to discredit anyone who might pose an ideological threat to their government.

By discredit I mean fill their head with nonsense in an effort to make them discredit themselves when they speak of it. Most of this is just blanket nonsense for a variety of viewers, but there are sometimes more targeted forms. For instance let's take Mr. Mcafee. I wouldn't be surprised if his story is true, but perhaps not in the sense that he thinks it is. The government wasn't actually trying to kill him, being outspoken about the government his death would only lead to suspicion. They wanted to discredit him so they staged these elaborate scare tactics with the intent that when he spoke of them he'd sound as though he'd gone crazy. For the most part few are willing to hear anything a crazy person has to say. Now that Mr. Mcafee looks like a paranoid schizophrenic no one cares what he has to say about the government.

I would say the same thing probably happened to Charlie Sheen. I rather get the impression that the same happens to a lot of people who speak out against their government, probably even myself. I knew there was something suspicious about that tree

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

can you imagine christopher columbus
taking on the flat world conspiracy
i bet he was laughed at and chastised pretty fierce
probably even had to contract if one ship fell off he was to turn around instantly

was their conspiracy envolved there too???
ignorance as taught by best of scholars or???

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

Not everyone in Christopher Columbus' time thought the world was flat, in fact many scholars figured it was spherical, but the distance around was far too long to travel to India. Christopher Columbus' mistake was that he thought they were wrong and that the world was much smaller thus western travel to India much more cost efficient. What he and the scholars didn't know is that there was another continent. Christopher Columbus was wrong, but had he listened to his peers he never would have discovered the Americas.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

He did not discover America, it was there and inhabited before he got there, and he was not the first from another continent to step foot on it... heck there is not any real proof that he made it there...some think he only made it to the Bahama's, and that Amerigo Vespucci was the first from the old world to step on the soil. But neither of them discovered America...

www.buzzle.com...

Many people had reached the continent of America before Columbus. The people from Asia reached America thousands of years before Columbus and became its inhabitants. Norse expeditions to America had begun much before 1492 AD i.e. in 986 AD. These expeditions were initiated by Bjarni Herjolfsson. It is said that Herjolfsson started off from Iceland and was heading towards Greenland. He lost his way due to a storm and the ship drifted southwards. Read more at Buzzle: www.buzzle.com...

But as to your topic about conspiracies... the very essence of a conspiracy revolves around conspiracy...without the disinformation needed to discredit, there would be no conspiracy, so a conspiracy has to be created to debunk whatever is being put forth.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So another way would be is this; moving from a large city to a VERY small town storys are created before you even say Hello! Infomation has to be created when there is none even if its not true. Why is this? Dreams are made by an idea, or on top of another idea, or something just comes out of nowhere.
Most are so far out there yet some small little speck had to come from somewhere. Like which came first, The Bible or Christ? So now this could be a simple question or everybody with an idea would try to answere it, add ploys, another story on top of the question and so forth!
Its the unknown that has people creating stuff to place some lock on their brain to say I know this and really don't! It really can be habit forming!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

The Bahamas is still considered part of the Americas I believe and by discover I meant discovered for those in western Europe who didn't know of it's existence. I figured that was obvious.

Most conspiracies such as the idea of a fake moon landing, a flat earth or global cabal are completely fabricated in order to discredit those who question their government. They have legitimate questions regarding their governments behavior, but when they get mixed up in this fabricated world they end up looking crazy to the average citizen thus ensuring that anti-government sentiment never spreads amongst the average population.

Moreover they want the conspiracy theorist to become paranoid thus secluding himself from the rest of society ensuring his ideas do not disperse amongst the general population. Those with the capability to reach large amounts of people, via the web or other media, receive a more targeted version. Like John Mcafee being the recipient of numerous scare tactics, they really happened, but their goal was to make him look like a paranoid schizophrenic in front of the public. Charlie Sheen was once a big 9/11 truther type, until he lost his job and started talking about tiger's blood on air.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For the record I'm not saying that the US government wants to be a bunch of jack asses. Much like any business owner that wants to create an honorable business practice they are forced into using backhanded deceptive practices because their competition does. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edit: On the subject of the game I suppose the only way to win the game is to lose. That is, the only way to defeat tyrants is to become a tyrant. Ultimately the only true winners don't play at all.

Really where do tyrants come from? I suppose there are varying reasons. Hitler for instance, he had a lot of rage inside of him. Germany was hit pretty hard by the great depression, he blamed it all on the followers of Judaism and what he considered unfair terms to the end of WWI. People always want someone to blame. He wasn't entirely wrong though, it was their fault, but it was everyone's fault. We all placed our faith in currency and currency lead us to depression, lead us to destruction, lead us to war.

Interestingly enough Hitler was always concerned about doing the right thing. He believed through and through that he was the good guy, ultimately he simply would not allow himself to see the truth. He would not allow himself to place blame upon himself. His denial of the truth lead him through the annals of insanity. He wanted to be the good guy, but he refused the truth only so he could believe he was the good guy. The same mistakes, will we ever learn? Who do we blame?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You know the best thing the con-artists have going for them? So many people are ashamed to admit that they've been conned and the con-artist gets away. I'm not ashamed though, what's there to be ashamed of you got conned too, we all did.

I do mean all of us too. The con-artists, well they conned themselves. They've been broken down and conditioned to believe they were the good guys. So too were their superiors and their superiors and their superiors. They were all conned. The military, the cyber warriors? Like Hitler they too believe themselves to be the good guys. They turned their backs on freedom. They turned their backs on the truth. They betrayed their own, they betrayed themselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I would say the same thing probably happened to Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen ? What did he do ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xplorer

Made himself look the fool when he got on TV talking about how he had tiger blood and Andonis DNA.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
For the record I'm not saying that the US government wants to be a bunch of jack asses. Much like any business owner that wants to create an honorable business practice they are forced into using backhanded deceptive practices because their competition does. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edit: On the subject of the game I suppose the only way to win the game is to lose. That is, the only way to defeat tyrants is to become a tyrant. Ultimately the only true winners don't play at all.

Really where do tyrants come from? I suppose there are varying reasons. Hitler for instance, he had a lot of rage inside of him. Germany was hit pretty hard by the great depression, he blamed it all on the followers of Judaism and what he considered unfair terms to the end of WWI. People always want someone to blame. He wasn't entirely wrong though, it was their fault, but it was everyone's fault. We all placed our faith in currency and currency lead us to depression, lead us to destruction, lead us to war.

Interestingly enough Hitler was always concerned about doing the right thing. He believed through and through that he was the good guy, ultimately he simply would not allow himself to see the truth. He would not allow himself to place blame upon himself. His denial of the truth lead him through the annals of insanity. He wanted to be the good guy, but he refused the truth only so he could believe he was the good guy. The same mistakes, will we ever learn? Who do we blame?

class i like that
sorry if in anyway i crashed your thread here too...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lasvegasteddy

Thanks. Not sure what you mean by crashing my thread, my threads usually only garner a few replies if any, but I'm not really in to the whole popularity contest deal.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Door Swings Both Ways:

If the target becomes aware of the attempts, layoff for a while and lull them into a false sense of security.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

We have become obssessed with conspiracies. Its a form of entertainment. Its all good really.

join