It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three-dimensional real imagery, real?(3D Holograms)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I just wondered if anyone knows anything about 3d holograms?

Is it possible to have a 3d real life representation of an object?

I dont know exactly how a 3d hologram would work but i know it would be to do with light,using lasers to create a 3d object that isnt really there.

I did a quick search and i came up with this...

www.eyetricks.com...

The strawberry is a hologram and the site says you can look at it as close up as you want and you would think its a solid object...until you touch it.

The 3D Hologram Generator is used by putting an object into the unit and it reproduces it on the top of the unit.

I dont know how genuine this website is and i have a feeling that its not, but this must be possible, and what would reproducing a human hologram take? Would you have to have the unit directly under/over the hologram or would it be possible to aim some sort of device somewhere and a hologram shows up wherever you point it?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes, actually according to NVidia and ATI researchers, semi-holographic screens will be available within a year or so as graphic technologies now permit it. Within ten to fifteen years fully holographic displays will be available for the public in which the screen quite literally envelopes the user, possibly making the mouse and keyboard obsolete.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The device on that website is available at Spencer's Gifts in most U.S. malls.

I have never seen a strawberry used but I did see it with a penny and it does not float above as the website shows it is inside the hole of the device but when you grab it, it is not there.

This illusion is also in Ripleys museums as a diamond illusion.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
Yes, actually according to NVidia and ATI researchers, semi-holographic screens will be available within a year or so as graphic technologies now permit it. Within ten to fifteen years fully holographic displays will be available for the public in which the screen quite literally envelopes the user, possibly making the mouse and keyboard obsolete.

So your saying its not only possible but you could actually interact with the image in a way?

thinking about it this could be possible alls that would be need is for certain points in the 3d hologram to be touched and that breaks the laser so the unit could then run whatever it is by breaking that certain coordinate.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Check this thread I made :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

they are still working on 2D model, but the 3D model could be also made. It is also interactive and should be not more expensive than todays plasma displays.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by longbow]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thats very interesting iceofspades, anymore info on that or any links? This is just the kind of breakthrough in gaming that iv been waiting for for ages.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
3D holograms do look like real objects.

I have seen an exhibit of holograms some 15 years ago, and some of them were really amazing. They were made by shining a laser beam into the object, but the beam was also half reflected to one light sensitive device, while other light sensitive device received the light directly from the object illuminated with the laser.
Combining the 2 images, they get a 3D picture, usually in a plastic sheet, and when the picture is illuminated as the original was, the people standing in the point where the light sensitive devices were see the object as if it was real.

With some changes of the system they could make images that looked like they were projecting out of the wall some 50cm and another 50 cm into the wall.

This is the system I know, but has I said, this was a long time ago, technologically speaking, so today this may be made by other means.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here's a link to the actual maker of that Mirage 3D hologram maker:
www.optigone.com...

Says they use 2 parabolic mirrors to transflect the real object to somewhere it isn't.

edit: another link
povworld.de...

[edit on 23-10-2004 by electric]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So this thing is not holographic. It is reflective optics. There are no lasers involved. Just mirrors

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Chewie beat c3po at that chess game and i cant wait till we can all have a go - would i beat a wookie....id risk anything

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How about this site. Looks like they are more expensive but well ahead of the game?

3DSOLAR
For the very first time, computer users will be able to view 3D objects hovering a few inches away from a screen that rotates 360 degrees - without wearing glasses. The stand-out feature is the way users will be able to manipulate the virtual image directly with their hands as they would a real object.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
How about this site. Looks like they are more expensive but well ahead of the game?

3DSOLAR

Nice find, that is so cool.

If this sort of thing is available to the public id love to know what governments/special forces etc have available.

I would love to have one of these!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It says that it will show a Prototype to Debut at NVIDIA- Oct. 25 in Santa Clara, California.

I looked on NVIDIA site and could not find anything.

Anybody in Santa Clara? Care to crash the party and give us a report?

www.physorg.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i could try but would they even let me in?

i have no busness ties watsoever

:/

go in as an ATS reporter lol

[edit on 23-10-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You should be able to go and see it, im sure its open to the general public, but you might have to reserve a place or something.

It would be brilliant if you (Or someone else whos near) could go take a camera and notepad etc take a few photos and notes, speak to a few people then come back to ATS and post everything you have

That would be cool.

top topics

join