It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohamed Morsi approves martial law.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I guess it’s time to start digging the mass graves.
We will soon need them.

I can’t say that I didn’t tell you so.
It’s just going to go down hill from here.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmmm! If this is true, it's big news ...

However, nothing on BBC or Sky News ... Surprise Surprise...

These days, you get news faster on ATS than you do on the mainstream media websites/channels...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

you kidding me? I always get my news faster on ATS than MSM, especially earthquakes, I get notified about earthquakes at least 2 hours before the news mentions anything. ATS got eyes and ears everywhere

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

That's what I said ... You DO get news here (ATS) quicker than the MSM!!!

Please read again!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Times of India is running basically the same article as the NY Times and both cite the same source: Al Ahram. Sounds like Morsi is headed that direction, might be just a matter of time (though no official order, yet)

CAIRO: Struggling to subdue continuing street protests, the government of President Mohamed Morsi has approved legislation reimposing martial law by calling on the armed forces to keep order and authorizing soldiers to arrest civilians, Egypt's state media reported on Saturday.

edit on 8-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Aaaaand que the decimation of the muslim brotherhood.

Those psychopaths should never have been put in power anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

It's a really good thing we supported these guys! Yay us! We make such wise decisions! Let's support the overthrow of a stable government to ensure that a radical nutbag government gets put in its place. Or, more to the point, let's support anything and everything outside of our borders because it is our business! We have the God given right to know and control everything!

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
but if they had fully automatic guns they could stop this !!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Your news source says that he has not issued an order for martial law.

There was legislature about it, as there is in all countries, but it has not been ordered by Morsi.

Another misleading ATS headline. C'mon people please, at least read your sources correctly.

edit on 8-12-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wouldn't you have thought by now, leaders would have realized that the word dictatorship goes hand-in-hand with 'death wish' as proven by Saddam Hussain.

There is something else going on behind the scenes that smells of a major attack from Egypt on Israel.

i reckon this is a last ditch attempt of the elite to cause world war 3 before 22-12-2012.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The US can impose martial law, in addition to many other countries. This is just a new government formalizing it.
edit on 8-12-2012 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
The US can impose martial law, in addition to many other countries. This is just a new government formalizing it.
edit on 8-12-2012 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

No!

There is three stages.
Setting up a system to declare martial law if needed.
Declaring/approving/instating martial law.
And giving an order to do specified things once it has been declared.

He is at stage two.

The authorization to use marital law has already been passed. There currently exist a “state of martial law” in Egypt. That is to say that the military has been given the authority to maintain order under the order of the president.

All he has to do now is give them an order, or orders.

In the US, there is a detailed system in place that allows the president to declare marital law. Once it is declared, then the military will have the authority to maintain the peace. But until the order for martial law is approved, then they don’t have that authority.

Egypt is already past that point because they HAVE given the military the authority to do so. That means they have already did the US equivalent of “Declaring martial law”.

So it is basically in his hands now. What he says is law. All he has to do is say the word, and you will be killed unless you comply.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
morsi back tracked, gave up his powers

amazing how that happened without citizens unleashing a hail of automatic gun fire on soldiers

amazing

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It didn't take long for the US to install a new dictator. Keep them fighting among themselves

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really should Develope a "I Told You So" dance....

new topics

top topics

join