It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Nibiru? What do you think?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

ETA Thanks, nicely done! I guess I was putting this simplified version together when you posted that.
Might as well save these posts though I'm sure they will be needed again in a few months or so.

Understanding lens flare

Lens flare is created when non-image forming light enters the lens and subsequently hits the camera's film or digital sensor.
These take the form of polygonal bright regions (usually 5-8 sides), in addition to bright streaks and an overall reduction in contrast (see below). The polygonal shapes vary in size and can actually become so large that they occupy a significant fraction of the image. Look for flare near very bright objects, although its effects can also be seen far away from the actual source

All but the simplest cameras contain lenses which are actually comprised of several "lens elements." Lens flare is caused by non-image light which does not pass (refract) directly along its intended path, but instead reflects internally on lens elements any number of times (back and forth) before finally reaching the film or digital sensor.

Although flare is technically caused by internal reflections, this often requires very intense light sources in order to become significant (relative to refracted light). Flare-inducing light sources may include the sun, artificial lighting and even a full moon.

Lens flares 'extend and retract' from the bright light source at different lengths due to which lens the flare is coming from: concave, flat or convex, and how far they are from each other during zoom etc.
i.e. as one points the camera toward the light source, they begin to gather in the middle.
As one moves the camera away from the light source, they begin to move away, radiating away from the light source in opposite direction.

Back when I started shooting and developing photos back in the 80's this was a difficult phenomena to control because it was generally not visible through the view finder. So shades or hoods were used to reduce the effects.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

Awesome post man, very informative. That very well might be the case but I can't stop thinking about how the said flare is behind the clouds in the OP's post. Can lense flares appear behind other tangible objects?

Thanks! Of course, lens flare can't appears behind clouds.

However, like Phage and Lonewulph both genuinely pointed out, if the light source is partially hidden by any obstacle, then the flare will be too.
The only plausible explanation IMO is that there are two superimposed coincidental phenomena:
1- Sun partially hidden by clouds, thus its flare too.
2- Clouds passing at the same place where the flare is standing.

Originally posted by Lonewulph

ETA Thanks, nicely done! I guess I was putting this simplified version together when you posted that.
Might as well save these posts though I'm sure they will be needed again in a few months or so.

You're welcome! And nice informative post as well.

edit on 9-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My apologies....meant to close when this was origninallg posted:

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Closed for staff review.

19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
*sigh*

Here we go again....NIBIRU DOESN'T EXIST, SCIENTOLOGY IS BS, THERE IS NO ALIEN WARLORD CALLED XENU (think thats its name) IN THE HIMALAYAS AND ALIENS AREN'T GOING TO TAKE US AWAY FROM THIS MESS OF A PLANET.

Rant over.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah Phage, I love that you're the voice of reason on threads like these, and yet I hate when you bust up the UFO forums lol. Either way you're right, and when even a person like ME knew what it was, makes me wonder why people want this to be true soooo badly.

Also, glad Lithgow has reappeared!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is the thread re-opened?
Why?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by delusion
Is the thread re-opened?
Why?

To give PlanetXisHere a chance to find some of that truth for which he is striving. Have you seen the vid he posted here claiming the orb goes behind a cloud therefore it can't be lens flare? Can you or anyone here help him on this matter?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Been there. Done that. More than once. It didn't take.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Been there. Done that. More than once. It didn't take.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I remember, I was there. Great job too but I think he just doesn't trust you and pretty sure he hates me but still there must be someone that can get through on this. eriktheawful maybe?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
if Nibiru existed shouldnt it be already visible to the naked eye? come on its 12/12/2012 already, and no it's not the end of the world. the mayans got it all wrong sorry.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by Phage
Another thread on the same topic? No. Not Nibiru.
It is lens flare (more accurately, an internal reflection). Since the Sun has clouds across it, so does its reflection.

Umm are you sure, this one appears to be behind the clouds, should it not be shown in front of the clouds if it where a lens flare ?

well i'd venture to say that anyone who thinks that one's lense flare must be a bit soft in the head. lens flare wouldn't be behind the clouds.

it IS green too! How pretty! ...

Probably the Blue Kachina predicted by the Hopis?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Phage you'd have been better off telling people it's the moon quite frankly if you want to put people off the idea of Nibiru being real.

No one's gonna buy lens flare in this situation.

A bit of a lame duck argument there.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
Phage you'd have been better off telling people it's the moon quite frankly if you want to put people off the idea of Nibiru being real.

No one's gonna buy lens flare in this situation.

A bit of a lame duck argument there.

A full moon cannot be that close to the sun. Ever. Work it out.
(although I don't know about the poles.)

And surely if it's a real object then all anyone has to do to prove it is point a (properly filtered to rule out lens flare) camera at the sun, at the same time of day, in the same general vicinity. Problem solved. How about you have a go?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wasn't the world supposed to end 7 months ago or so? Come on now, if nibiru was approaching, it would have been much brighter and larger than the sun.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i will laugh my ass off when the 21st december comes and nothing happens (as usual).

Would like it to happen though be it an alien visitation, a dimensional shift, ascension or rebirth of the human race, whatever, but i bet nothing will happen and people will continue living their lifes. At least we wont have these nibiru/planet x topics anymore

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sadly, I feel like Nibiru isn't going anywhere. As long as it's invisible and make believe, people will come up with ridiculous stories about how a rogue planet is helplessly going to kill Earth...even though there is zero evidence to prove otherwise.

it's a BAD inside joke that went too far.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
FAke? but there is another galaxy on top of our galaxy.........

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well well well, I guess Nibiru is nonexistent. I'm still here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hi Artlicious. I for one believe and know that Nibiru is real and is close to our planet as I speak. I gave up long time ago about trying to discuss the coming of Nibiru and the changes that are coming to Earth. There is no use in being ridiculed over and over again! Every being on this planet has their own path and to learn how to awaken. If they are not ready to believe then let them be. I have stopped trying to inform [eople that I know. Their path is not mine and they are not ready to hear it. You are not alone in your belief's. Just know that you need not waste your time over people who do not want to hear the truth. One day they will have to seek the truth out for themselves. By the way, I believe the CHEMTRAILS are trying to cover up things they don't want the people to see. It can only last for so long though.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join