It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH -- Miss Liberty Divorces Uncle Sam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Dear Sam,

I just can't take it anymore. You are always boozing it up with your corporate friends. It seems like all you ever do is go out with the boys from the companies you do business with. You spend too much money, you don't listen to anything I say anymore.

The kids can't even go outside anymore because you want to control everything about them. They can't even think with you around. You have become a control freak! It's driving me crazy. I can't even speak freely anymore - everything to you is Iraq, and Money, and the business. Since when did the business of America become business? That's not why I married you!

Sam, I am leaving you. You can spend all your free time with the corporations now, go play golf, chase women, and try to conquer the world all you want to now, I'm outta here.

Sincerely,
Liberty

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Excellent!

Who get's the house?

Is Miss Liberty looking for some new action?

I've got some wine and a Barry White CD!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think she's gonna sign thepapers in November. I think Uncle Sam is gonna get stuck with a lousy settlement. last I heard, she was looking to take up with some young lad living a spartan life out in utah.

Arkaleus

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Arkaleus that was and exellent post, I think our government has been sleeping with his mistress to often (the big corporations) and has disregarded his wife (our nation) and his children ( the american people)

He is a whore all for the money.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think this is more of a BTS topic, but clever nonetheless

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If it wasn't for big corporations, several million people wouldn't have jobs. There would be no cars, no health care, no petroleum to fuel our cars, heat our homes and no synthetic materials to make leisure suits.

There would be no insurance companies, no railroads, or airlines. We could not grow enough food to feed ourselves and the world because insects would ruin our crops. Farm machinery wouldn't exist and if it did it couldn't run with out gasoline.

Essentially, without big business, we would have a life stlye roughly equivalent to the Middle Ages, when a third of the European population died from bubonic plague.

There would be no hope of a cure for AIDS. Yellow fever and malaria would wipe out large segments of the population. There would be no birth control, no global trade, no tourism.

If it weren't for big corporations, the whining cry babies of the world would have no one to blame for the luxury of complaint.

[edit on 04/10/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sir:

We have advanced our culture quite well without the kind of big corporations that exist today.

Inventions, advancements ard discoveries are always developed by INDIVIDUALS. Corporations are merely the funding organiation behind these individuals. They could be funded by governments, universities, private patrons, like they were in the days of the republic.

Corporations are more of a way of life than a necessary component to our lives. They have become the ways and the means for our entire lifestyle. In a country founded upon independence, it is always curious to hear those with a "conservative" bent defend a system that imposes such a high degree of dependence upon a nation.

Corporations are group entities, and they have undue access to power because of their great financial reserves. Do you think to tell us that Large corporations are good for the liberty of the individual American? Please explain how our luxury goods are so important to us.

Not all Americans equate Freedom and Liberty with a new pair of Nikes, or an Xbox. That's a totally modern invention, without any sort of real cultural precedent in the USA. Our forefathers knew that Liberty and Freedom was something internal to a person, something that lived in the mind. It was the corruption of the people's hearts with so much luxury and materialsm that caused us to forget this, and to associate our way of life with their manufactured goods.

So why do you defend these folks, who don't care much about your rights, your Liberty, your vote, or anything else? Are you that shallow and blind?

Some Americans don't have a clue it seems, and they will loudly declare their fealty to these new powers. They will even defend them, even as they are compelled into a whole new kind of slavery in the coming decades.

As my humorous post implies, Liberty will not remain with a kind of society that does not value its nature. It will leave it. Liberty is very much like a lover, and when she abides on you, it is like a crown on your head. It is a thought, a spirit, a kind of light that lives inside of you. It is the feeling that lets a citizen feel like the master of all that he sees, a brother, a man. This modern system has done away with all that, and has taken all of this power for itself. And we let it. Shame on us.

Arkaleus

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Let us reign in the power of the corporation to the benefit of us all. We can only be enslaved by the coporation with our own complicity.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
I think she's gonna sign thepapers in November. I think Uncle Sam is gonna get stuck with a lousy settlement. last I heard, she was looking to take up with some young lad living a spartan life out in utah.

Arkaleus

thats funny, but true

Yep, you really have to watch those French women

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Concradulations on recognizing your lover.

Though in truth, Miss Liberty is not really French, but Greek. And before she was Greek, she was Egyptian. You see, Miss Liberty in just Isis with a pair of nikes.

After Isis, she toured Europe as Athena, then Diana. In these guises she she foudned the Athenian Democracy, then later the Republics. Rome had an affair with her, but it was never anything serious.

After a long hiatus, she finally emerged from the Romans after they had taken her captive in the Roman Catholic Church.

Truly, it was the Americans and the French that freed her, largely because of the efforts of heretics and freemasons. But what a beautiful bride she is.

As it stands now, this president has no knowlege of miss Liberty's finer points. He is well on his way to becoming the most hated Modern American President. It won't show up for several years, but he really did damage this country in ways that we probably won't recover for many years.

The frigtening this is, no one is standing up against him. He's a president, not an emperor. He needs to be put in check and firmly brought into governance by the others powers we have elected. That's their job.

Arkaleus

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Corporatism and Capitalism are two different animals.

Mussolini said that facism was the union of state and corporate power.

A corporation is soulless. It creates mob mentality that has to be kept in check by laws.

If people were perfect, then corporations wouldn't need legislation. But, alas.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is easy to tell the difference between a patriot and a conservative. Especially a neo-Bush conservative.

American patriots distrust any great power appearing in the land. America patriots distrust the unchecked tyranny of the federal government. They don't think the business of America is, or ever was "business." They believe they are citizens, whom the government is accountable to, not the other way around.

They don't accept things without a good reason to, and they have an idea of the laws and don't think they need to obey whatever someone else thinks.

Citizenship to a patriot is not obedience, it is a sense of his own authority. Obedience is for slaves, and employees of corporations. America is not a corporation.

Arkaleus

[Edited on 24-10-2004 by Arkaleus]

top topics

join