It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You are still avoiding the question, your picture is fake. Your picture has nothing to do with light pillars. You have not offered one shred of proof that you even have a clue what you are talking about and yet you continue.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
its most likely a natural phenomenon, but it is cool looking

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Beware of the Skeptics great photo.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Oh stop with the light pillars already. Show me some artificial lights on the ground, since there's none.

Soylent, you have no clue, now do you?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
ya its a light pillar, the kind you plug in to the wall. lol

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
@AGWskeptic: Is there a way to access to the original photo?

And where the comment "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier" can be seen?

Anyway, here are two enhanced versions:

A quick look at the EXIF data shows that there's no camera model, no technical data.... which is not surprising at all, since we have to deal with a non-original photo. A few more infos can be found in these EXIF anyway:

1: The "primary platform" EXIF tag represents the system used to add in the profile. Here, it's "Apple Computer", then the image was likely edited on a Mac.
2: The "profile copyright" with the "FB" tag likely means that this picture originally came from Facebook.
3: Image size of 885x595 (which gives a 1.487 ratio, close to 1.5) clearly means that this is not an original photo, but most likely a resized version of a bigger resolution picture with a format, for example, of 4752x3168 (1.5 ratio)...

The Y Cb Cr Sub-Sampling 4:2:0 is a lossy subsampling process as both 1/2 vertical and horizontal resolution is lost in the process.

Anyway, it really looks like "an inverted" lamp with a crystal base... (crystal column lamp). Take this model for example, with a round base, and a shorter column:

edit on 9-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's a cool looking photo but the thing that strikes me is, how was the photographer so quick at taking the photo?

It seems to me that the options are -

1. He just happened to take a photo of the scenery and was very lucky with the timing.

2. He has lightning quick reactions and the camera was already switched on.

3. He has manipulated the image.

4. He knew it was going to happen and had the camera ready.

5. The event lasted for long enough to enable him to switch the camera on and take the single photo.

Whichever it is, I doubt if the photo is of light pillars unless they make a really loud noise or the photographer is making up the bit about the noise.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Yes, he posted it to our alliance FB page for a war game I play with him.

They were at the Yukon Flats in Alaska 6 years in June (new info he posted this morning) (our FB group is trying to figure it out too).

They heard a loud boom and saw the start, his friend grabbed the camera and shot this pic. It was a digital camera that likely wasn't new 6 years ago, so doubtful it was SLR. It wouldn't be unheard of to have only one good picture if it was anything like my old digital camera, that thing took about 10 seconds between shots.

I will ask if there are any other pics.
edit on 9-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey OP...

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like a punch hole cloud to me. Light pillars...... which is natural of course.

Otherwise.... I have no idea unless its fireballs coming out of the cloud.

I dunno.... but thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683

It's a cool looking photo but the thing that strikes me is, how was the photographer so quick at taking the photo?

It seems to me that the options are -

1. He just happened to take a photo of the scenery and was very lucky with the timing.

2. He has lightning quick reactions and the camera was already switched on.

3. He has manipulated the image.

4. He knew it was going to happen and had the camera ready.

5. The event lasted for long enough to enable him to switch the camera on and take the single photo.

Whichever it is, I doubt if the photo is of light pillars unless they make a really loud noise or the photographer is making up the bit about the noise.

OR the photographer saw the reflection of the light fixture and thought, HAH. I'LL BET lots of people on ATS will think this is the next NORWAY SPIRAL - its so obviously a reflection that they'll never believe it!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

Off to the HOAX bin with ya.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
very interesting pic indeed... I'd pay good money to see a video of this event....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After reading through every post in this thread, I have to agree with one comment more so than the others.

If it is not fake, it in my opinion, looks rather similar to an MLRS launch, and the hole in the cloud may be a sonic boom, thus opening it up. Some times the simplest answer....might be the right one. Howver in this case with out more info it is inconclusive.

Cool image none the less.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
After reading through every post in this thread, I have to agree with one comment more so than the others.

If it is not fake, it in my opinion, looks rather similar to an MLRS launch, and the hole in the cloud may be a sonic boom, thus opening it up. Some times the simplest answer....might be the right one. Howver in this case with out more info it is inconclusive.

Cool image none the less.

Pretty good angle there, but I think MLRS systems don't fire straight up, I suppose if one is standing at a right angle it could appear straight up, is this area a firing range? (everybody run!) .
I believe the 'sonic boom' would be behind the launch yes? Because the rockets are traveling faster than sound.

Either way, I believe the tampering evident clears it up for me in the Error Level Analysis.:

3= added square sun.
1&2= manipulated compression in sky and light sources. Notice work done on ground, and strange border all the way around.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It looks like a simple hoax to me, poorly done
edit on 9-12-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by Manhater

I believe this is a natural phenomena, that kind of clouds occurs when hot air goes up and meet cold air when some special conditions are met this occur, it got some kind of fancy name

I think you're talking about Lenticular clouds, but those only form over mountain ranges, such as our Mt. Shasta (which formed some stunning ones yesterday!).

What I want to know is how someone managed to capture something that only lasted "a few seconds." Frankly, I smell Photoshop.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
reply to post by AGWskeptic

To post a picture.

Download it to your computer.
Goto the tools section of the site, right next to myATS.
Select ATS uploads, right under tools.
Click on the picture once it is loaded.
Copy the link that says External full URL link:

When posting select image and past in url.

I'd send a email with it to the local news station, asking what they think. I'd suggest the Meteorologist, looks natural to me.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

It still makes you fat and stupid... theres more to running a country then winning sports and visiting planets that do not benefit thehman race.. but nice sarcasm in your response

OP - this picture is awesome! I would like to beleive its not modified in anyway; but I have my doubts. Its strange that the Americans even claimed Alaska, the one part of CANADA that is isolated and far from America... the place where HAARP and god knows what is going on over there..

I remember a thread about pyramids found under Alaskian landscape, when it came to maps this particular area was blacked out.. a soldier was involved trying to find what was going on in this particular area he was stationed at (soldiers are temperary pawns to the elite, they only know and do what they are told - robots)... anyways he couldnt get any information about it. The story sounded like some ET thing going on around this large pyramid hidden in Alaska.. Which brings me back to why the Americans felt the need to "take" this land from Canada.

This picture made me think of that 'story'. You can obviously see a craft half-materialized sending down whatever..
Which is why I would hope this isnt photoshopped. Alaska is a mysterious place. I have an inner-feeling that there is secret government stuff going on over there.. Things like Area 51 and Utah base are FRONTS. Real secrets do not go mainstream. End of story.

And whos looking into Alaska anyways?

hmm.. thanks for sharing, I will be waiting for the validity of this photo

edit on 9-12-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Alaskan Pyramid thread

Alaskan Pyramid thread 2

Here are examples.. maybe the great north should be looked at more seriously when it comes to government operations and anything else that doesnt stand right..

Also want to add; the elite governmets occupied Antarctica.. these guys are looking for things at the poles of this planet..

Hope its okay that I add this information to your thread; this picture could be a hint if it is not faked.

~ Love is an art

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

If the picture has been resized and saved a few times wouldn't that also account for your data?

I have no investment either way, I saw the pic posted to a FB page asking for help identifying it so I asked if I could repost it here to get other opinions.

To recap, according to the guy I got the pic from,

Picture was taken 6 years ago in June at the Yukon Flats of Alaska.

Person who was there reported a loud bang and a loud screaming noise that lasted for a few seconds, said it sounded like a very low flying jet or being on the deck of a carrier.

I asked if he heard an impact and he said he did not, which strikes me as odd.

I sent him a note asking if there where any other pictures and he has not responded yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not a "smoking gun", but could be a clue nonetheless...

The JPEG compression signature of the picture 100% match a Photoshopped signature:

edit on 9-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join