It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If I smear vegetable oil on the window and then take a flash picture, the flash reflection on the window might look like that? Look at the patch of window around the light "bars" and tell me it doesn't look like the window is dirty with something. Just wondering...

Well, sure. But it also looks like natural light pillars caused by a light source (or in this case, multiple sources) reflecting off of flat plate ice crystals.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Further research on this facility shows no launches during 2006, so unless you are not certain of the actual date the picture was taken it is still possible that it is a rocket test, they do have HAARP in Alaska and it is possible we are seeing an activation of that...not sure what HAARP looks like yet...will continue to look for more possibilities.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No, it's not. Sorry to say. I have seen those up here north so many times, that they can be ruled out. Not light pillars, take my word for it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Then I researched HAARP pictures...

Still not the same, but doesn't mean its not possible..depends when the picture was taken during the activation or after, if they had beams of energy shooting up from just a few of the antennas maybe this is what you see in your picture?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lithops
No, it's not. Sorry to say. I have seen those up here north so many times, that they can be ruled out. Not light pillars, take my word for it.

Other than "taking your word for it", could you please give me a reason why I should rule out light pillars?

Here is an example of a picture of light pillars. The light pillars in this particular image are caused by artificial light sources on the ground reflecting off of flat ice crystals in the atmosphere:

edit on 12/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Because no matter how many times you post your picture it doesn't prove they are light pillars either.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

It looks like Photoshop/CGI to me as is evidenced by the size of the pixelization of the sky's background and the fineness of the detail of the foreground, the falling objects and the cloud object above them.
reply to post by chr0naut

On first glance at the picture I thought photoshop as well. There is no difference where the objects dropping would naturally reflect off the water below as it clearly gives off light in the sky. Even if those objects are quite high up the light would at the very least cause some lightening of the water colour directly beneath. The cloud looks like a painting.

Being Alaska, it is very likely that the lake is frozen over. We would need to know the exact location and date. The photo gives me the impression that it is rather cold out.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Because no matter how many times you post your picture it doesn't prove they are light pillars either.

I never said the pictures were proof of anything. I said they look like the "could" be light pillars.

I haven't read a good reason yet why they could NOT be light pillars. Therefore, I think the possibility should be considered.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

Originally posted by MollyStewart

It looks like Photoshop/CGI to me as is evidenced by the size of the pixelization of the sky's background and the fineness of the detail of the foreground, the falling objects and the cloud object above them.
reply to post by chr0naut

On first glance at the picture I thought photoshop as well. There is no difference where the objects dropping would naturally reflect off the water below as it clearly gives off light in the sky. Even if those objects are quite high up the light would at the very least cause some lightening of the water colour directly beneath. The cloud looks like a painting.

Being Alaska, it is very likely that the lake is frozen over. We would need to know the exact location and date. The photo gives me the impression that it is rather cold out.

I don't think it's winter because there isn't any snow.

Since this in central Alaska there is snow there about 9 months out of the year.

I sent him a note asking for clarification,

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I was talking about your picture...and you said this about your picture as if it was fact...

Here is an example of a picture of light pillars. The light pillars in this particular image are caused by artificial light sources on the ground reflecting off of flat ice crystals in the atmosphere:

Where is the proof that your picture has light pillars as you call them? There is a possibility that they could be anything and his picture has different qualities to it that your does not.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Looks rather similar to the "light pillars" phenomena

I don't think Light pillar makes a noise

The person who took it said "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

That's why I ask. It is not uncommon for lakes to be frozen over before the first snowfall and then again after the snow finishes melting. To rule out a frozen lake it would need to be July or August.

Edit: Actually, if that is part of the Yukon River it wouldn't give a great reflection due to the amout of silt in the water.
edit on 8-12-2012 by anton74 because: Missed something

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I was talking about your picture...and you said this about your picture as if it was fact...

Where is the proof that your picture has light pillars as you call them? There is a possibility that they could be anything and his picture has different qualities to it that your does not.

Well -- Yeah. They could be other things.

However, light pillars are a known atmospheric optical phenomenon, and the OP's picture looks like they could be light pillars.

I don't have "proof" that they definitely are light pillars because all we have to go by is a picture. We don't know if there was a light source over the horizon, or if the weather conditions were conducive for ice crystals in the air-- although there very well could have been both of those things.

Considering that they look like light pillars, why in the world should we close our minds to that possibility? Again -- I'm not saying that's what they ARE light pillars, but they look like they could be, so why the refusal to consider the possibility?

EDIT TO ADD:

Originally posted by xplorer

Looks rather similar to the "light pillars" phenomena

I don't think Light pillar makes a noise

The person who took it said "it only fell for a few seconds but was loud as hell like a plane a few hundred feet over you our standing on a deck of a carrier

I'm just going by what the picture looks like, not the hearsay eyewitness account from six years ago.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Again I ask you what proof do you have that the picture you posted are in fact light pillars? You seem to be ignoring that part of the equation...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If I were to make a guess, I'd say some kind of debris from a satellite reentry or something similar... meteor breaking up perhaps? The cloud formation looks like a shock wave could have created it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I'm just going by what the picture looks like, not the hearsay eyewitness account from six years ago.

How convenient for you, the OP said so it's hearsay, what the heck is your picture? Proof of light pillars? I am going to take the word of the OP that the information is valid, he never said what he thought the picture was only that it was taken 6 years ago and that the person he got it from told him there was a loud noise associated with it...and your picture was taken by whom, when and where?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Again I ask you what proof do you have that the picture you posted are in fact light pillars? You seem to be ignoring that part of the equation...

I can't prove a certain picture really is a light pillar unless the conditions that form the light pillar could be verified.
However, we can see how light pillars are formed, and see examples of what others have said were light pillars.

The question you;re asking is like asking "how can you prove that picture of a zebra isn't really a horse with painted stripes? I suppose you would be right. Without examining the actual zebra in question, I can't prove that it is a zebra.

However, here is what we know about light pillars:

Google Image Search for Term "Light Pillar"
Light Pillars
Light Pillar Formation (Sun Pillar)
Example of a Light Pillar

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Actually, light pillars are brightest in the center and fade on both ends.

These are brightest on one end and dim on the other.

I think we can rule them out.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

that was my initial thought too, solar flares or solar activity of some sort...weird year this year...all kinds of weather phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
We're being invaded by desk lamps

Can't believe how much pointless speculation there has been about this when it is SO OBVIOUSLY A REFLECTION as shown in this!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join