It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I've been reading alot about meteors lately over the U.S. and people hearing sonic booms. I guess we would need a better description of what it sounded like. How long did the sound last? Was it a boom or a roar?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
My guess would be some objects falling from space. If you look at the center of the picture, you can see the ring in the clouds(I don't remember what they are called) caused be something passing through it under the right conditions.

The 'circle' in the clouds is too large to be caused by the falling objects.

It looks like Photoshop/CGI to me as is evidenced by the size of the pixelization of the sky's background and the fineness of the detail of the foreground, the falling objects and the cloud object above them.

There also appears to be a rectangular border around the 'sun'.

There is also an absence of reflections on the water of the lightened areas of the sky and an imbalance of lighting in general in regards to the position of the sun.

This picture has at least three separate elements that were digitally composed and are at different resolutions.

edit on 8/12/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hey so,

I'm picturing the cloud moving in such a way; the donut shape flowing inward/outward. If it is haarp, by heating the air it's causing turbulence/movement within the cloud's center- sounding of heavy thunder?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Hole punch cloud is what I was looking for. They can get huge compared to the object passing through. It could be GCI though.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Looks rather similar to the "light pillars" phenomena such as in this thread:
strange skies in stockholm

Pic from the OP of that thread (resized)...

There are a handful of threads regarding these light pillars on ATS. This would be my first guess with what there is to go on thus far in this thread.

Yes. It could be light pillars.

Light pillars are an atmospheric effect caused by bright light sources reflecting off of flat ice crystals in the atmosphere . The light source does not need to be visible to the observer, and could be over the horizon. Light Pillars could be associated with the Sun or with artificial lights.

Light Pillars

Light Pillar Formation (Sun Pillar)

Example of a Light Pillar

edit on 12/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hole punch cloud is what I was looking for. They can get huge compared to the object passing through. It could be GCI though.

Sorry, you're too quick for me. I was editing my post to point out evidences that this is a manipulated image.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't think it's been shopped.

There have been plenty of these hole type clouds photographed in the last few years.

The Moscow one being the biggest one that comes to mind.

edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry -- Double post

I meant to edit a bad link in my post above, but clicked "Quote" instead of 'Edit"

edit on 12/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like supply drops into the hollow earth.
Or it could be a hollow earth based battle.
Or it could be God crying

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by Chargeit

Thank you.

I gave it a try and it worked.

When he told me it was very loud it really threw me off, you wouldn't think that falling debris would be loud.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Even falling debris would be loud... So as long as it breaks the speed of sound.

Interesting though... Falling debris usually falls at an angle and not straight down. My curiosity is definitely peaked

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The cloud looks pretty similar to the one in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Called a punch hole cloud

I don't know what the lights could be, maybe meteor's that just happened to look like it was coming from the cloud.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Yup.

The recent Nuclear Test in Nevada sent out shock waves and shattered the phantom zone prison. It's in the movie! F'realz. Totally legit.

Prepare yourself to kneel before Zod.

Yeah and just look at the movie Men in Black, it could be any of those!
(laughs in Russian)

Seriously though, is there any background available on this photo, such as the author?
edit on 8-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Not sure what the members will think but man that picture is divine! Looks like a UFO sending down benevolent light rays to the ocean. You say it smashed into the water with a ferocious sound? Amazing, great picture.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Woww I missed that picture I guess, motion pictures would fail to recreate. I would be in bliss to see the sky like that. I love nature so much at times.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

It's direct from the movie: Superman II

It does have some nice symbolism though doesn't it?

3 criminals. A cross over the right shoulder? Someone to kneel before in the center?

or are you asking about background on the OP picture?

edit on 8-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Looks like a window reflection of some kind of kitchen light. I believe there is some leg-pulling happening.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I've been reading alot about meteors lately over the U.S. and people hearing sonic booms. I guess we would need a better description of what it sounded like. How long did the sound last? Was it a boom or a roar?

It lasted a short time according to the guy who gave me the pic, a few seconds.

I gave him a link to the thread, hopefully he will register and be available to answer questions directly.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Flip the picture and it looks like the reflection of a whiskey glass sitting on a table with background light reflecting off of it.

Makes me want to go and get one right about now...

oxi

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Manipulations abound,

Completing a simple 'Error Level Analysis' of the image shows manipulation around the lighted drops and sun:

Taken by an Apple product (iphone?) Saved many times over as a .jpeg at 75% quality.

To keep it simple the black indicates unchanged areas, whites are manipulated compression.
Hold control button and roll mouse button to zoom onto the sun.

1= light dropping
2= cloud formation
3=sun (use slider)

Ground was enhanced, and whats with the old border? Original pic taken from somewhere else?

The sun in particular is a 'square' manipulation

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

lol Ah yes I remember it well!

I was asking op if there was any background information on the author of the pic in the op (to stay on topic)

Oh, and I was making a joke in reference to the other thread regarding the Russian who made statements about aliens living there, and comparing them to the MIB movie. Too funny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join