It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal view on what sceptic could do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Sceptics and their Passion

Sceptic's of believers.Fear comes in many forms,wether it be a phobia or of another human,but what i have noticed mostly,is a fear of difference,not everyone in the world has this fear of anything or anyone different but alot,without admitting it do.Fear of Spiritualism,they (& like i said above not everyone is like this),they get ridiculed for having a belief in something they have witnessed or would like to believe,sometimes,as with many religions,it's just blind faith that keeps them in their belief,and yet they get ridiculed for it.Those that that decide to shove their sceptic views down their throats,and yes i've seen it happen,do so with passion (passion is good),but can be aggresive with it verbally and just plain egotisical about it.Give the believers a break!,you can't prove or disprove what they say,and big deal,they have a belief and you don't,i'm not saying don't tell people you have no belief in their ways,but do so with dignity,which allows for those with belief to feel less pressured about what they trust to be true to them.In all my years,i have never had a spiritual person/s knock on my door and tell me i have to believe and i have to follow what they do,but (and i wont say who),lets name them M' and C' have knocked on my door,and tried to pressure my family into following their ways.Even after telling them i don't want to,and i have my own beliefs.
Ok mad rant in above paragraph over ... 'deep breath'
If sceptics could put that passion into something good,like a belief they can see,like homelessness,or animal abuse,or child abuse,they could use that passion to get things rolling,their (Your) sceptic passionate voice could
be used for something good,and i've heard sceptics go,they amaze me with all that aggressive passion,my view
Use it,for the better of the people,not to tell people they are wrong in what they believe aggresively,respect is
key.Or do you fear yourself? .. a fear you could not carry it through? .. i believe you could.You never know until you try,fail and try again,maybe even fail again,then try again.Nope i'm not perfect,i've given up on a hurdle or two,and do i plan on doing something about what i gave up on? damn skippy i do,A:To take a dose of the medicine i'm spooning here and B:To see if i can,this time without giving up.Am i sceptic? .. Not in all things,but the universe is a infinite place,it would be ignorant me to say we are alone in this universe.Do i fear the self? .. Yes,i fear failure and rejection like most people,but i am willing to better myself.
Am i respectful all the time? .. No.I believe i'm disrespecting sceptics right now,by shoving their own ignorance back at them.
I would write more,but i have to nip out and have coffee with the neighbour,laters all.And if you read,thanks for reading.
Lea.X.
edit on 8 12 12 by LeanneMarie because: Because my first post was spaced haha

edit on 8 12 12 by LeanneMarie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The way you've formatted your post makes it very hard to read indeed!

Please could you edit it a bit thanks : )

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

Lol i really would but , i'm knew to this pc stuff :/ i dont know how.But can try

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

Done

Thanks for pointing it out.
x

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If sceptics could put that passion into something good,like a belief they can see,like homelessness,or animal abuse,or child abuse

The same could be said of those who believe in non sense...

And applied to both sides.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Op, In all fairness, I believe you could swap around the words "skeptic" and "believer" in your post and it would make just as much sense.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree.
But people are people,and we will do and choose what we want to do,regardless of what would be ideal.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Maybe .. but this is my personal experiance with Skeptics
Maybe those named M: & C,could apply passion to a better cause,maybe not.
But either way,as people we could all do better

Not saying i'm right or wrong,it's just an opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LeanneMarie

That is part of the problem. None of the issues brought up on ATS are going to be solved by watching Youtube videos or refering to conspiracy sites or some crackpot trying to make money.

Take Bigfoot for example, I don't believe in bigfoot but, I would love for it to be real. If I saw one in the woods I would chase after it until hell froze over and I would get more evidence than a blurry video. I wouldn't just run home and post on ATS what I saw or go make some idiotic T.V. show to make money.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

I agree,and i think a healthy amount of skepticism doesn't hurt,but in my experiance,from two religious groups and skeptics of my beliefs,it was aggresivley put.Point to me,not taken,i'm not going to listen to some one bumbling on about how they are right and i am wrong etc etc,if i can understand and respect what they do or don't believe,why can't they do the same for people like me

I'm not a totally bad person

Lea

top topics

join