It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGX next generation crusiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The CGX is the multi-mission follow on to the DDX with enhanced missile defense capability / air warfare capability. The CG-21 is the proposed replacement for the Tisconderoga class AEGIS cruisers. The twenty first century surface combatant (MNS) mission need statement was approved by the (JROC) joint requirments oversight council in september 1994. Required capabilities called out in the MNS included: power projection, battlespace dominace, command, control and surveliance, joint force sustainment, non combat operations, and surviveability/ and mobility. Development of CGX, next generation cruiser, will begin in the future. As a descendant of the DDX program it will share a common propulsion architecture and a stealthier hull form. This hull form will contain an intergrated all-electric power system that is more efficient and survivable than today's propulsion systems, and provides more capacity for future weapons.

I think its exciting were transforming our entire fleet. When the DDX, CGX, CVNX, LCS, Virginia, and the transformed ohio class are all together all fleet will be the most advanced fleet in the world! Combine that with the FCS family of systems, Metal storm technology, and unmanned vehicle technlogy, and you have the most powerful armed force on earth!

globalsecurity.org

[edit on 23-10-2004 by blue cell]

[edit on 27-10-2004 by blue cell]

[edit on 16-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My freind: i thought this site's motto is deny ignorance. yet u clearly r ignorant. Technology does not measure power. Knowledge and more specifically wisdom, in this case the way we use the forces defines power. A third world country could theoretically possible to at least halt, if not destroy the most technologically advanced army in the world if they were to use their own forces wisely.
Such overconfidence in the US military seems to have been adapted not only by the common citizen, but even the US military itself, which is reflected in today's current events.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When I said the most powerful I meant the most advanced in technology. But if all our new technology screws up were screwed! So of course I now other nations can beat us but we do have the best technology that was the purpose of that comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MACROSVIII
My freind: i thought this site's motto is deny ignorance. yet u clearly r ignorant. Technology does not measure power. Knowledge and more specifically wisdom, in this case the way we use the forces defines power. A third world country could theoretically possible to at least halt, if not destroy the most technologically advanced army in the world if they were to use their own forces wisely.
Such overconfidence in the US military seems to have been adapted not only by the common citizen, but even the US military itself, which is reflected in today's current events.

Whilst America has had difficulties fighting less powerful nations they have never been beating into submission or invaded.They have the weapons to make a third world country disappear from the map.
You to have shown a level of ignorance.Knowledge and wisdom do not equal power alone.The reason the american army is so overconfidant is there abillity to us force.Please don`t believe the medias view point.The amount of weapons used in the Iraqi war was truely unbelievable and from a military point of view worked effective.Trust me if you were in Bagdad during the bombing you would have left need your pants cleaned,but the amount off munitions used was only a small percentage of there capabilities.Bagdad could have been reduced to a pile of rubble had they required.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
firstly why do you think the US military as soon as you think the most technologically advanced macros?
also we have backups for this tech.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Please look at some of the other threads.

As I posted elsewhere a naval college lecturer has published his paper assessing why US Carrier Battlegroups and thier screens have repeatedly been trounced not only by Opfor Los Angelles SSNs but by deisels new and old from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and to a lesser extent why USN air ( IMHO USAF air too) have struggled against the forces of smaller states in exercises.

True they usually have technically more capable equipment, and there is nothing wrong with the quality of it. Thier crews are technically well trained and they know how thier gear works.

What the problem was is they have become used to basically for instance driving a carrier battle group up to a block of water adjacent to a block of land,and flying off airstrikes and launching missiles and thats it. Nothing terribly tactical or strategic about it just point A to B stuff.

They know everything technical about weapons,radars, reactors and engines, and how to run them. But they have lost sight about the tactics and strategy. Less well equiped but well run forces know they have to depend on thier tactical skills to win.

He suggested that from the top down the movers and shakers in the US military have put on the blinders to this and either classify most of the reports or put it down to a exercise slant. One USN sub driver wanted to publish a how and why paper in the USN "Proceedings on his own attack on a CVN which resulted in a kill. The Admirals classified it instead. Another LA SSN skipper lamented he put six torpedos into a CVN on exercise and the Admiral in charge congratulated him on reducing the carriers efficency by two percent!

I am certain the USN does and will continue to have the most technically advanced fleet in the world. Just remember technical advantage is not everything if the other guy can still get close to kill you, because your crews keep thinking its a cake walk.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
doubled up.sorry.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by craigandrew]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Metal storm technology, and unmanned vehicle technlogy, and you have

Yes I quite agree. The Ohio class SSGN is very intersting indeed. Combined with Global hawks, the USN will be well prepared for the future. I am interesting in seeing how the future CVN will work itself out as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Please look at some of the other threads.

What the problem was is they have become used to basically for instance driving a carrier battle group up to a block of water adjacent to a block of land,and flying off airstrikes and launching missiles and thats it. Nothing terribly tactical or strategic about it just point A to B stuff.

They know everything technical about weapons,radars, reactors and engines, and how to run them. But they have lost sight about the tactics and strategy. Less well equiped but well run forces know they have to depend on thier tactical skills to win.

I quit agree we need to just not learn what the systems do and just do that, we need to be able to employ our technology to its fullest extent and use it tactifully.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
so THATS why the MOD is sending our troops and sailors and airmen and women into combat with less technologicaly superior gear.....ethier that or its another politition problem AGAIN!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey, what can I say? Between the USA Forces and the Rest of the World....is the UK Forces......btw havent you ever heard we fight tomorrows war with yesterdays weapons today.

No sweat . UK politicians are running scared dopes. Shaving gristle off the bones of UK Forces to buy welfare votes in UK. Both sides are scared if they dont talk the talk domestically and show the colour of thier money. UK Force suffers. Same in Oz.

Amongst the many dumb things I have heard is the forced cut in funding bring about the early demise or reductions of many fine aircraft.

You may not believe it but I find Tornado F.3 and GR.4 the best all rounder assets in the NATO airpower drawer. But thats another topic.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by craigandrew]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
this is gonnab awesome The CGX,DDX, and LCs are gonna be a deadly combo !!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
this is gonnab awesome The CGX,DDX, and LCs are gonna be a deadly combo !!!!

And don't forget the new carriers and subs that are coming out!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MACROSVIIISuch overconfidence in the US military seems to have been adapted not only by the common citizen, but even the US military itself, which is reflected in today's current events.

What a lot of people who don't have a belief in their own nation, is that belief of capability is a capability in and of itself.

If you think that your equipment is sub-standard, then it will be.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Walk softly and carry a big stick, you will go far.

From an old African proverb.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

join