It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice needed for a new Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

i've thought about replying to explain why we are not under these laws today thanks to Jesus, but it won't matter what i say. the hatred, yes i said hatred, that some of you people have for christians has blinded you. it's sad to see such blatant disrespect thrown at each other.

Now wait a minute. I have a leprechaun mentor that rides a unicorn and he told me that Christians will only see insults and offenses even on the simplest of questions asked by atheists.

Hey, PROVE it didn't happen!
edit on 12/10/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Why do people pick and choose which parts of the bible they follow?

This is done, and correctly so, simply because the Old Testament times were to show people that they are unable to get closer to God on their own. They are unable to "Keep the Law". Christ, in the New Testament, provides a way back to God that is completely uncoupled from our sinfulness.

Out of thankfullness for this salvation by Grace alone, we strive to keep the Commandments and otherwise try to live an exempliary life style. Generally, we fall way short.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Sorry to hear about your loss...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Xaphan, man-made most of God's law to subjugate and rule over other men - Everyone with any common sense knows that and you are obviously being a smart-aleck. However, you're missing the entire point of organized religion. You and your Atheist Idiot friends are playing "Jenka" with social dynamics that have been making the cogs turn for thousands of years. Not to give YOU, personally more credit than I should by that statement - I mean to say the New Atheism movement that removes nativity scenes from the streets and yards of America and gets a "boner" by fighting to remove the word "God" from the Pledge of Allegiance...You all, for all intents and purposes are ridiculously stupid and essentially crapping where you sleep. Trust me, the last thing you'd actually want (Outside of the wet dreams you have imagining yourself being a "hero" in a zombie apocalypse) is real chaos. You live in a world where you were raised by movies and think you'd "fair well" in a war-torn, chaotic land. It shows how truly immature you are and how fast you'd fall by you posting anti-stability rhetoric like this. You'd open your mouth and you're end would follow in seconds because of your lack of an ability to show respect. Listen, all of you non-believers - Don't believe, fine, just shut the $%&* up about it already and help ensure that your walls don't come tumbling down. I mean, idiots, you really want 250 million gun toting, meat eating red necks to suddenly have NO FEAR of hunting you down and eating you for supper? If they’re just animals...I'd STOP poking at them…..

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Yes, it is a joke, but is meant to be taken seriously when raising the question: Why do people pick and choose which parts of the bible they follow?

I've actually been asking about these specific passages for years now and have never received a satisfactory answer as to why such things are no longer practiced, when the bible is supposed to be followed in its entirety.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Very simple answer, I'm surprised you never received a satisfactory answer. It could be because you're operating on the premise that the Bible should be followed in it's entirety, when that flies in the face of Christianity right from the start. Had you ever heard of something called the "New Testament" which is a new Covenant with god, you would know that. Also, you are operating under the assumption that all Christians are Fundamentalists, who interpret the Bible as if they were living 6,000 years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join