It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Its OK to ride a Harley without a helmet but not a crotch rocket!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by phroziac

Anyway... feel a bit sorry for the "only on a Harley" types. No good to you if it's sitting broken down in the shed is it ?

There's an old joke here...

I don't know if it's the same in Oz or Europe, but here in the US, riders will stick out their left arm and give oncoming bikers a friendly wave.. except the guys on Harleys. They don't wave to anyone. You know why? If they did, they'd drop their tool kit.

=oP

I rode for years here in New Mexico. This is allegedly one of the best places to ride, but it also has the stupidest drivers on the planet. I don't know how many times I almost got creamed by some idiot. It was a weekly thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Harley guys always wave at me unless I ride past them with the bike standing up. I try to wave when im in my car and they don't wave though :/

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
ABS has saved my ass many times. The Concours is the best bike I've ever had. If anything happened to it I'd buy another . I do like the Guzzi's, Triumphs and I love the BMW S1000RR. I think if I were going European it'd be a Triumph Rocket 3 for me. I'm not ready for a cruiser though. I love the sport touring world. My wife loves the back seat of the Concours. It's plenty comfy for her.
There should be no seatbelt laws for cars. For kids yes but for adults no way. It's just a way for insurance companies and cities to make more money . I laugh at the term "free country." Any law that protects me from myself is a ridiculous law.
Keep the bike stories coming, love it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
In Michigan atleast the seatbelt law only applies to the front seat and kids under 16. There's even a law specifically allowing us to ride in the open bed of pickup trucks if we're over 16.

The Rocket 3 is an AWESOME bike. My ex girlfriend's stepdad bought one while I was dating her......

I'm getting urges to buy a CBR now. Grr.
edit on 9-12-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

pretty safe to say that the largest demographic crashing on bikes is the old guys buying the life long coveted Harley, strapping on a helmet and with little instruction make a left hand turn across traffic and end up in a different lane than planned...crashing into traffic .....or the immediate right hand turn again from a stop resulting in a merge into an unexpected choice of lane. SPLAT another old dude "bites the dust ha! ha!" queen song..get it?

Take off the helmet and ride through the countryside. Feel the freedom, the air temp differences, and the big ass bugs bouncing off your lips

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Lol, it depends on which Guzzi we're talking about, and your definition of fast. Compared to 99% of Harley riders it's damn fast. If you jumped off a S1000RR Beemer or a Hyabusa you'd consider it spirited, but not necessarily fast. It's a sport/tourer like a concorse or 1150RT Beemer etc.... It'll cruise 120 - 130 mph all day. So nobody would call it slow, but "superbikes" or "crotch rockets" whichever you prefer will run 150+. Some Guzzi's are in that class, like the Daytona or Le Mans. The Norge is a compromise of speed comfort, and handling. It's not THE fastest, but it's plenty fast. It's not the most comfortable, but it's pretty comfy. It isn't the best handling in the world, but it's darn close. Handling is probably it's strong suit. It will hang with most superbikes in the handling department. I've jumped on CBRs and YZs etc... and ran right with them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join