posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
Okay, I normally don't believe in any 2012 scenarios and all that other crap, but I do believe that it's better to be prepared
for what could happen - wherever its war, economic collapse etc. So I decided to prepare.
There is a lot of literature on the net and here on the forum, yet my situation is a little bit different.
I am currently located in China, in a 15 million city, downtown. I know that if "disaster strikes" I have to get out of here
within several hours (I live alone here). Staying in the city won't be a good option.
My escape plan is:
1) Leave the city and head to a remote forrest
2) Wait a couple of days before heading North-West and reevaluate what to do.
I decided to spent a good amount off money in order to prepare my equipment. I expect to travel on foot. Everything needed has to
fit into a bag pack. Reaching that remote forrest will take up to 5 days by foot, so I am planning to have supplies lasting for at least 2 weeks.
Is there any checklist you would advise me to read? So far I am keeping the basic things:
1) appropriate clothes / camouflage (I am thinking of keeping it black)
2) Medication, water purification, anti-radiation tablets, etc
3) compass, knife, first aid, food, fire sticks, light-sticks, radio, heat blankets, flashlight, etc
4) basic medical literature, survival literature
Do you guys have any tips? The biggest problem is that I can't buy a gun here. I have almost one year of basic military training and basic survival
skills. My bigest problem is that I dont speak chinese, so any communication, as well as information gathering is difficult. Are there any english
speaking emergency frequencies that I could be able to pick up using a radio?