It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist that discovered GMO health hazards immediately fired, team dismantled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ever think the scientist was fired because he made a bad experiment, not because his experiment gave "bad" results?

This story is about something that happened nearly 15 years ago, and doesn't provide any details about how his experiment was conducted.
There is no reason provided why he was fired, other than conjecture. It could've been for any number of reasons. You're just assuming it's because of the GM food stuff.

The fact the story took place such a long time ago should make it obvious that it's most likely being manipulated to make it seem like a GMO coverup.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Natural news is awful. It's like infowars.com but for health nuts. They make up stories all of the time, and twist the facts to fit their agenda.

Seriously, this article is about a guy being fired 15 years ago....how the hell do you verify something like that, and why hasn't it been published before?

edit on 8-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Here are some substantiating links and more on the story:

www.psrast.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.mindfully.org...

After a five minute Google session I found all this - is this enough?

A huge peeve of mine is how often people "POP" off without any reason beyond what they want to believe is true. Please check into things first and avoid sounding like a knuckle dragger.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

has been dismissed as poorly done, muddled and even fabricated. Yet to anti-GM campaigners he is a hero - the scientist who stood up to the establishment and, as a result, had his career squashed at the behest of shadowy forces in the GM industry and the government.

Yeah, your sources really prove the story is legit and not being manipulated to serve the anti-GM activists.....(rolls eyes)

This is what really happened:

James says Pusztai approved it. Pusztai says he was not aware of it until it was published. Either way, the jackbean experiments that never were have proved extremely damaging to Pusztai. Even now, GM scientists dismiss Pusztai's work on the grounds of a supposed schoolboy error: of course the rats suffered, they say, they were being fed potatoes that were genetically modified to produce a poison.

Yes, he used GM food....but they didn't use genes that are put into our food supply. He specifically used a gene from a toxic plant. And he didn't realize this.
Scientists recognize the fact that GM stuff could be used wrongly....that's why there are tests to make sure that the genes that go into our food supply are safe.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Did you even look at the sources? No - you didn't have time to read it before you spouted off. One of the pieces clearly states that he was only speaking about potatoes that the company said were not for human consumption when in fact he knew they would be used in that manner. The actual controversy is what was done to this man for speaking up. His science was reviewed by others..... read yourself if you can.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Did you even look at the sources? No - you didn't have time to read it before you spouted off. One of the pieces clearly states that he was only speaking about potatoes that the company said were not for human consumption when in fact he knew they would be used in that manner. The actual controversy is what was done to this man for speaking up. His science was reviewed by others..... read yourself if you can.

um yeah I did look at the one source. I quoted it ffs!

The GM potatoes were not a commercial variety and were never intended for human consumption, but the lectin modification - which made them poisonous to insects - was an experimental model for other GM varieties.

It was just an experimental model. It was never planned to be given to the public.

You're just twisting what actually happened to support your beliefs, when the article clearly says otherwise....
You say "his science was reviewed by others"....which is true, BUT they found it to be flawed!

The data was sent to six anonymous reviewers. The subsequent report savaged Pusztai's results, but he remains defiant.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by unityemissions
Argumentum Ad Verecundiam: appeal to authority. Double logical fail!

Please learn your logical fallacies better. An appeal to authority is only fallacious if the authority is not valid and the overall consensus is not in favour. In this case both are true, therefore this is a non fallacious authoritative argument.

This is an interesting side bar to this thread. I'm not good with formal logic (I do try and have books - yipee). The problem with authority as I see it is the definition of authority. Authority in todays society is equated with degrees, titles and, forgive me, but backing by The Powers that Be.

After 50 years on this planet I don't believe a thing I hear from anyone considered an expert or authority on most subjects. The educational and employment systems are filled with corporate slaves that have to "toe the party line" in order to keep their jobs and status (and in some cases their very lives).

People who developed in the systems, were respected in the system and then choose to speak out anyway are few and tend to be the people I listen to. Those are the authorities I respect - not corporate or government shills. This is said knowing that a few of these people have ulterior motives - but those tend not to last because their motives are less then wholesome.

Appeal to authority - excellent topic for a thread - perhaps you could do something with it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dipsezbaby
Well thanks for that. But how would I know that I am buyin/ consuming foods that are gmo??

'
You can't with processed food or know if livestock has been fed GMO feed.

For fresh fruits and vegies you can tell by the bar code - if the sku number starts with a 9 - it is organically grown, 8 - GMO, - 3 or 4 conventionally grown (herbicides, pesticides, etc).

See: www.healthystepsinfo.com...
for more infor

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Natural news is awful. It's like infowars.com but for health nuts. They make up stories all of the time, and twist the facts to fit their agenda.

Seriously, this article is about a guy being fired 15 years ago....how the hell do you verify something like that, and why hasn't it been published before?

edit on 8-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Yes, Natural News is awful in my opinion. They don't make stuff up, but they jump to all sorts of conclusions that are not proven and assume the worst out of everything.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by purplemer

How am i not surprised at this..!

They also do not serve GMO in the Whitehouse... So what does that tell us.. do not consume GMOs...!
Thanks for the info OP

It's time we start taking matters like this into our own hands brothers and sisters. These monsanto cronies and those that support them MUST PAY for this crap!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaJoe52

It's time we start taking matters like this into our own hands brothers and sisters. These monsanto cronies and those that support them MUST PAY for this crap!

Why don't you just let people who think GM food is ok, eat the food like we've been doing?
and you just don't eat it?

Because if you're right, you'll stay healthy and they won't.....
and if you're wrong, nothing happens and you just spent a bunch of extra money.

Nah, I'd expect the logic of "we need to take matters into our one hands" and "make them pay" to come from someone who thinks GM food is some evil thing that's going to kill you.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Excellent job OP! I was actually contemplating on making my first thread about GMOs and the seriousness and severety of the situation. People really need to start and put more serious thought into this. I personally mainly eat organic foods and try to support local farmers as much as possible. ( I even use flouride free toothpaste... yeah I'm one of those guys lol)

Regarding Monsanto, does anyone remember earlier this year (sorry if mentioned already) about the French team of scientists whose lab tests showed that rats who were fed a life-time diet of Monsanto corn had massive tumours and multiple organ damage.

Here is a link to a MUST read acrticle about it (very graphic and disturbing images):
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Of course, french authorites and "leading" scientists have questioned the study and its results, claiming it has 'no value'. What a surprise.

Here is a link to an excellent documentary entitled 'The truth about Monsanto and global food':
hight3ch.com...

In over 40 countries and growing, Monsanto is the world leader in genetically modified crops. They sell their inexpensive modified seeds, which grow faster and under worse conditions, to farmers who have no choise but to buy them in these hard pressed times due to both weather and financial concerns.

Local farming is slowing being phased out. If people dont make a stand now and try to make a difference, we will all be eating nothing but Government controlled and modified food in the next 20 years. Which guaranties the Twinkie will probably not be going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good to see divide and conquer at play and working so effectively.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Some people want to take control of a potential situation of "being forced to eat" deadly GMOs by turning the masses against the GMO industry; this is achieved by convincing consumers that GM foods are dangerous/the industry is untrustworthy, and that the more one buys this food then the more the genetic engineering industry will advance their plan of knowingly selling unsafe foods (that is the theory). And of course, if the bad guys succeed, then their other connected, conspiratorial agendas will override "David's" wishes and everybody will surely suffer under the fist of a corporate Goliath.
And to top it all off, the so-called health nuts will finally get to say "I told you so"

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They are growing rice in Kansas that has a human gene in it:

www.naturalnews.com...

What will be the effects on people from eating rice with a human gene in it? hope the critters don't take a liking to that rice and move on to eating us.

Anybody ever have an ant problem in their kitchen? One thing I found they REFUSE to eat is cereal. It's like it's poison to them. I've started using cereal and pouring it on ant hills in the yard to get rid of them. Must have Genetically modified in it. If pigs and ants won't eat it....ITS BAD!!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The URL you provided doesn't work because of an incomplete "html" at the end of the website address.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thanks for sharing. It's further proof of the evil that runs this planet and lends further weight to the depopulation conspiracy theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaJoe52

Why don't you just let people who think GM food is ok, eat the food like we've been doing?
and you just don't eat it?

Because if you're right, you'll stay healthy and they won't.....
and if you're wrong, nothing happens and you just spent a bunch of extra money.

Nah, I'd expect the logic of "we need to take matters into our one hands" and "make them pay" to come from someone who thinks GM food is some evil thing that's going to kill you.

Nah, food sprayed with RoundUp is totally good for you. It kills bugs, plants, anything that has a biological existence, except for humans, right? It's so innovative and advanced! Advanced weaponry, that is!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Though it barely received any media attention at the time, a renowned British biochemist who back in 1998 exposed the shocking truth about how genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) cause organ damage, reproductive failure, digestive dysfunction, impaired immunity, and cancer, among many other conditions, was immediately fired from his job, and the team of researchers who assisted him dismissed from their post within 24 hours from the time when the findings went public.

www.naturalnews.com...

Arpad Puszta was one of the leading scientists in his field. Instead of getting praised he and his colleagues were chastised by the industry and government officals. This is not the way scientific research should be carried out. Research that came out of Egypt backed up there claims that GMOs cause long term health damage.

It is evident that there are problems with GMOs. Heck they do not even serve them in Monsantos own food eateries.

It is about long term population control.By the time these crops start killing people, the people responsible will be long gone. This isn't designed for immediate killing off of humanity, but it will cause a massive drop off in the population over time.
---------
But most people will die of starvation. As more foreign countries become dependent on food imports, once the problem hits a certain critical mass(people dieing from the crops), food exports would be stopped. Heck could you imagine the sheer number of people who would die in Africa alone if food exports where stopped?

Sure it would end crop dumping by the West and enable local farming to become viable, but the reality is, after enough time passes the vital skills to farm would have been lost.
edit on 10-12-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The truth must be hidden for if the people know there will be grave consequences.........or so they say.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Monsanto if I am not mistaken, is one of the companies along with DOW which produced the chemical Agent Orange (napalm) back in the Vietnam war days. Permitting a company such as that remotely close to our food supply is madness and sickening. (literally)
We the people surely fell asleep at that wheel.
Just another puzzle piece of the depopulation agenda from the U.N.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join