It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Plane Avoiding UFO in Houston, Texas? We will never know for sure...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This was posted five days ago on the main UCB page with the following comments:

Published: 3:47 PM 12/3/2012

11-28-12 Houston, Texas - 11-28-12

On my way back home, I was in my car listening to the radio while I was driving. It was a bright sunny day (11/28/12) at a red light I spoted an airplane high above the immense dawn sky, leaving a contrails behind it.

This was nothing unusual to me. The light turned green, I keep driving, it was kind of impossible not stare at the contrails in front of my view.

While I was driving and looking up, I started seeing a bright, round circle right where the airplane was going, the airplane started making a turn, like it was avoiding whatever that circle was.

The circle was moving like it was dancing. All I thought at that moment was that nobody was going to believe what my eyes were seeing. So I grabbed my phone while I was driving and took three pictures.

Once I stopped my car at a red light the bright circle shined and it disappeared. I'm not sure what that thing was, all I know is that I hope to see it again.

This picture is 100% real with no editing or photoshop done on it from my HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile.

Special thanks to the witness Irwin O Valencia for this sighting report.

Ken Pfeifer, World UFO Photos

With the photo:

There's a larger version of this photo on Ken Pfeifer's site:

... with a short note saying that the full size is 595x1132 pixels.

Unfortunately, this photo is not the original one, and the EXIF data are useless, as someone circled in red the "UFO".
Moreover, the photo was very likely cropped, as 595x1132 pixels is not in any case an original resolution picture for the HTC Sensation 4G.
The rear camera takes 8 megapixel (3264×2448) pictures while the front one takes 480x640 pictures.

All of this leads me to two conclusion:

1- About this specific photo: it could be anything, an orb, a UFO, an ET ship, whatever.... the fact that the plane made a turn could be coincidental.... or not. We will most likely never have the answer. And the fact that the original photo wasn't released doesn't help in any way...
2- It still amazes me how, when an interesting UFO photo popped up, the poster (conveniently?) massacre the photo by resized it, cropped it, made annotations on it, and so on.... thus avoiding any further investigation.
Let alone the fact that when the original photo is genuinely asked for analysis, it's often like doing a never-ending obstacle course.

When will comes the time where people invested in the UFO subject will understand that to kept intact data and release original files (with the agreement of the original shooter of course) will serve their cause and help, whatever will be the results of any further investigation, to better understand the UFO phenomenon?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
It was a bright sunny day (11/28/12) at a red light I spoted an airplane high above the immense dawn sky,

If there was more detail about the time, then the replay mode of flightradar24
could be checked to see exactly what the aircraft was, and if it really did veer off course or was naturally going to turn off in that direction anyway to get to its destination.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

When will comes the time where people invested in the UFO subject will understand that to kept intact data and release original files (with the agreement of the original shooter of course) will serve their cause and help, whatever will be the results of any further investigation, to better understand the UFO phenomenon?

Most folk have no idea about Exif data, chains of custody or even the existence of fairly good organisations willing to analyse their images. Guys like you and groups like NARCAP can at least *prove* the images aren't fakes and support the photographers' claims and yet they nearly always end up cropped and messed around with.

The whole subject is constantly self-defeating and frequently pointless.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Interesting footage, a UFO for now

A

B

C

Some theories I have of what it could be

ballon

smoke ring from vulcano / underground
Like so

smoke ring from a plane

RC UFO

Dimensional craft

Space craft

Time machine

Unknown biological entity

S & F

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

If person was in car, the spot could just be a spot on window glass.

This may have also been staged using a spot on glass where the 'witness' living in the area was very familiar with the flight paths of aircraft banking in that flight corridor.

Wait for plane every 10 minutes or so on the flight corridor, position camera just so with aircraft and spot on glass, wallah, UFO picture.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a staged photo (if that's the case), but, more elaborate intentional hoaxes have been pulled for no other reason than to fabricate a UFO report, whatever that accomplishes.

reply to post by Spacespider

I don't think there are any volcanoes in Houston, Texas. There's lots of smoke spewing chemical plants and oil refineries in some areas, but, no volcanoes.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I agree. I drive to Houston several times a month and I assure you there are absolutely no volanoes. However there is NASA. Therefore it could be anything; you never know what they might be flight testing in the area.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That ufo looks very similar to the ones that have been filmed by nasa in the tether incident video. I don't know if that has ever been debunked or not, but they do look similar.

new topics

top topics

join