It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Earth Vertically Rotating

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Youareallschizophrenic

So what you are saying is that I can not have a theory because I am not a scientist??

At least I am not trying to be someone I am not, and willing to reach out to the ATS community who do know more than I do on certain scientific things to help prove or disprove something instead of doing what many do on here and act like I know more than I really do. You know like people who are quick to judge others on based on a theory they have.

Fact is, I do not care if I am proven wrong, I hope I am in fact. But if a one has a theory based on even the smallest of evidence (making it a possibility) until it is dis-proven. I readily know I didn't have all of the pieces which is why I reached out.

THEORY people, Doctorates are not required for a theory.
edit on 9-12-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

So much for your statement it is man made. What was making the higher level 50 million years ago?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

So what you are saying is that I can not have a theory because I am not a scientist??

At least I am not trying to be someone I am not, and willing to reach out to the ATS community who do know more than I do on certain scientific things to help prove or disprove something instead of doing what many do on here and act like I know more than I really do. You know like people who are quick to judge others on based on a theory they have.

Fact is, I do not care if I am proven wrong, I hope I am in fact. But if a one has a theory based on even the smallest of evidence (making it a possibility) until it is dis-proven. I readily know I didn't have all of the pieces which is why I reached out.

THEORY people, Doctorates are not required for a theory.
edit on 9-12-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

No, we are saying you can not have a theory because you have no facts. It's like me having a theory about our Sun actually being below freezing temperatures. You don't need to be a scientists to do 5 minutes of research to see what you thought was wrong.

the·o·ry/ˈθi ə ri, ˈθɪər i/ Show Spelled [thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] Show IPA
noun, plural the·o·ries.
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity.

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

The definition of Theory prevents yours from being one. You freely admitted you did not test your idea, and it is not commonly regarded as correct. Your idea is not conjectural, it is proven false by actual data which is available and you are able to obtain.

What you have is an idea, not a theory. An idea is fine to have, but please do take a few seconds to test it, and don't get upset when people are frustrated you refuse to do the simplest research and expect others to just give you the answer.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Technically he has a Hypothesis not a theory. Just a wrong name.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I really have no idea why I continue to participate

edit on 9-12-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

1. You are Wrong.
2. You obviously know very little of Science.. By your own admission.
3. You hope to have your Theory proven invalid?? LOL No need for the Professionals to pipe in.. Because your theory is wrong. Scientifically Proven.
4. You asked for all of this.
5. The answers you seek will not be found on a Conspiracy web site.
6. Good Night.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Technically he has a Hypothesis not a theory. Just a wrong name.

Hypothesis means loosely.. An Educated Guess.
Educated is not what I would consider the OP. No offense OP :-)
It is debatable to call it so.. But I agree with you.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What if its not the earth completely moving but the land mass in curtain areas that is warping and shifting in direction?
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: CRUST DISPLACEMENT?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

The thing is we know the effects of our Sun going through it's cyclical solar activity as well as the Earth's wobble as it's orbit of the Sun changes because we can see these effects and changes in the Polar Ice Core Samples.

What is happening now is unprecedented in Earth's History. The rise of CO2 as well as Methane and the rate of the increase of both of these in our atmosphere has NEVER occurred at such an exponential rate of increase.

That alone should scare the Hell out of us.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

Paul likes to make statements without verifiable data.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

So much for your statement it is man made. What was making the higher level 50 million years ago?

It is not the current level of CO2 and Methane that is at issue...although it is an issue to cause Global Warming...it is the RATE at which it is increasing. It is increasing faster than at any time in the History of Life on this Planet.
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reports of sun rising in the "wrong place," or the constellation "looks all wrong" or the moon "acting weird" or what have you are either people with not an ounce of astronomical knowledge or hoaxers who are deliberately trying to spread false information.

We do have millions of amateur astrophotograhers taking picture of the sky every night. The amateur astronomy community covers much a larger region of the sky than the big bad NASA could ever wish to accomplish. Of course, you can always say that the amateur community around the world is in for the conspiracy or the sky is a hologram projection or whatever. But if you are seriously considering that presupposition, then you are no better than the Flat Earth Believers.

Deny Ignorance, guys and gals.

I think I have my dumbdown for the day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Jay Electronica

The thing is we know the effects of our Sun going through it's cyclical solar activity as well as the Earth's wobble as it's orbit of the Sun changes because we can see these effects and changes in the Polar Ice Core Samples.

What is happening now is unprecedented in Earth's History. The rise of CO2 as well as Methane and the rate of the increase of both of these in our atmosphere has NEVER occurred at such an exponential rate of increase.

That alone should scare the Hell out of us.

Split Infinity

Yes, This has happened in the History of the Earth... All polar ice melted and the entire globe was a Greenhouse.. The Co2 levels were very high.. And all this happened before man ever walked this planet...And guess what.. It was a natural cycle.

Also.. Here is some information to back this up and for you to adjust your knowledge :-)
Link: www.climategeology.ethz.ch...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Yes...it happens every so often. The problem is it is not supposed to happen for thousands of years from now but instead it is happening NOW.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Yes...it happens every so often. The problem is it is not supposed to happen for thousands of years from now but instead it is happening NOW.

Split Infinity

We live in a Inter-Glacial Period. The climate has been rebounding for the past what 8-12 Thousand years.. We will see unpredictable things happening.. and how can you say this isn't supposed to happen for Thousands of years..We do not know what is supposed to happen. Written history only goes back 6,000 Years.. And the Climate was way wackier back then.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

ICE CORE SAMPLES. Let me say that again...Ice Core Samples. Uhh...one MORE TIME! ICE CORE SAMPLES!

That's the name of that tune.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes, Ice core samples contain preserved Atmo. But. dating these can prove difficult and unreliable. Past and present Solar activity can influence the Age dating method.. lending inaccurate info.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ice Core Data is EXTREMELY ACCURATE. As example...the Yellowstone Super Volcano erupts every 650,000 years on average. After looking at the Ice Core Samples and comparing them to the Geologic Survey dates of the age of Yellowstone's eruptions, ash deposits and lava flows...it was determined that the Ice Core Samples showed a 100% accuracy of dating the eruption.

I cannot see how you came up with Ice Core Samples as being unreliable.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You keep thinking that.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic

You keep thinking that.

Google...U.S. Geological Survey...Comparison-Yellowstone...Eruption Data.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join