It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Earth Vertically Rotating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First I would like to point out that I am not a scientist, Astronomy expert, or anything else for that matter. I am just someone who likes to put pieces together of a puzzle and figure things out that don't quite add up or have to many coincidences.

I have read a lot on global warming, possible axis tilt of the earth, and weather and earth anomalies through out the world. I would like to present a theory that I have read very little about, but makes more sense in my mind that other things I have read, simply because not everything adds up when you take it all into consideration.

I have been reading various reports on signs that the earth's axis is tilting, such as constellations being in the wrong place, the sun not rising where it should, or the moon not acting right.......

But lets take weather into account here. If the earth were tilting more so than it was, then we would be experiencing much colder winters here in the United States as they are in Europe. But that has not been the case. For 3 years now we have experienced warmer winters than ever, likewise the warmest years on record, as well as very hot dry (in some places) summers.

Europe on the other hand has experienced colder winters and from what I have heard wet cool summers in the many areas.

This does not fit into the idea of the earth tilting. If this were the case North America and Europe would have Hotter Summers and Colder winters.

Another thing I have been hearing is that in Alaska the natives are noticing that the sun is lasting longer in the summer than it has in the past (by several days) and that it has been getting warmer by a few degrees every year. Yes a warming globe could be part of this, but has anyone talked to or seen articles from those in northern Russia to find out if their days with no sun are any longer? I know for a fact that they have been seeing record low temperatures.

I would think that if the earth was tilting at it's axis (outward) that the sunless days up north would be longer (though as mentioned I am no astronomer)

So my theory is this, why couldn't the earth be slowly rotating vertically, bringing Europe and Asia closer to the North Pole, while at the same time pushing north and Central America closer to the equator?

If the earth were to be rotating vertical there would be several anomalies within the stars as our view would be altered as our location changes.

As far as why wouldn't nasa or the governments tell us, it's simple, Mass Chaos, as they themselves may not 100% know what is going on, or what might happen. It wouldn't be hard to hide it at least for a few years when it comes to the equator and the poles at least. Few people notice where the sun rises or sets or look at the stars anymore. Those that notice the difference will just be passed off a nutjobs and the world will go on.

This is obviously just a theory, as I have zero proof except for my own personal observations and readings.

Be kind, I know I don't have all of the facts here, and this is just a theory.
edit on 8-12-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

SnF for writing a good thread with a lot of text.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I like your theory, something is definitely going on, weather in LA Calif is not normal at all, I think all the spraying in the air ( you know, Chemtrails) has something to do with it also.

Well written post, thanks

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If this were true then the suns path and stars would be different then they've been for thousands of years, which they are not. NASA would never be able to keep it secret, plenty of people watch the sky and know it's patterns.

A lot of the OP doesn't make any sense.
edit on 12/8/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

There have been reports of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

A lot of the OP doesn't make any sense.

that's what I love about it! I don't even want to try! (sorry op)

ATS has been pretty spicy the past few days.

speculate away!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Anyone with a Sextant...never mind the Modern Equipment of the day...can easily calculate the Earths Tilt to the Sun on any particular day.

The Earth WOBBLES and here is a LINK that will give you more information...dsc.discovery.com...

The Eath's Wobble changes the angle of tilt in a cycle that repeats itself over time. This Cyclical Wobble is responsible for Ice Ages and other Climate Changes but the current warming trend is without a doubt...MAN MADE.

We have taken Antarctic Ice Core samples and have found that CO2 and Methane concentrations are higher now than at any other time in Earths 100,000 years. In fact these CO2 and Methane concentrations are climbing at a rate faster than in any other time in Earths History over the last 50 Million Years.

The Earth however is a self correcting system...Human Life...not so much. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Would you mind providing some links to the evidence for your theory? You may find that some of the reports are not credible.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Your theory is so easily disproved it really is not a theory at all. It is just making stuff up. Kinda lowers the bar.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Europe on the other hand has experienced colder winters and from what I have heard wet cool summers in the many areas

This portion of your post can be explained by changes in the Gulf stream flow. Melting glaciers are diluting the salinity of the north Atlantic and disrupting the cold sinking current, which in turn is messing up the Gulf stream. This is a theory mind you, and some scientists dispute it. Have included a link explaining the theory.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So my theory is this, why couldn't the earth be slowly rotating vertically, bringing Europe and Asia closer to the North Pole, while at the same time pushing north and Central America closer to the equator?

Occam's Razor sez...da dum daaa, "Plate Tectonics!"

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
my theory:
moon hit earth long ago creating the ring of fire... (just breaks on the edges of a big dent in earth crust....
also creating the angle of earth rotation.....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

constant CME's heating up the atmosphere have messed with the Jet Stream.....

If the sun starts raising in the west and setting in the east let me know...

ETA: the unchanged hours of daylight and darkness through the seasons ( same as always ) indicate there is no change happening
edit on 8-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
This is obviously just a theory, as I have zero proof except for my own personal observations and readings.

Nothing wrong in having an idea/theory and sharing it, that's the right thing to do, even if the theory is based on wrong information.

If the Earth's axis of rotation had changed it would be visible everywhere, but we only have the opinion of a few people that say that stars/constellations/the Sun are not where they should be, while everybody else sees nothing.

PS: keep those ideas coming, one way of getting to a true explanation is by identifying the ones that are wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

From our perspective on the earth and for the short time we are here, it is difficult to notice any change. Any changes we do see are so small that we need sensitive instruments to measure them. Thats why all the telescopes and satellite dishes are needed to take these measurements. Depending on peoples perceptions is the last thing you want to do.

Sometimes it helps to put things in a different perspective even if its just animation to help us understand the bigger picture. Like this:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Does this just imply the Earth's axis tilt has changed.

Would be noticed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Yes..
The Earth wobbles.
It takes around 19000 years for the wobble.

Source.

The Earth circles the Sun in a flat plane. It is as if the spinning Earth is also rolling around the edge of a giant, flat plate, with the Sun in the center. The shape of the Earth’s orbit—the plate—changes from a nearly perfect circle to an oval shape on a 100,000-year cycle (eccentricity). Also, if you drew a line from the plate up through the Earth’s North and South Poles—Earth’s axis—the line would not rise straight up from the plate. Instead the axis is tilted, and the angle of the tilt varies between 22 and 24 degrees every 41,000 years (obliquity). Finally, the Earth wobbles on its axis as it spins. Like the handle of a toy top that wobbles toward you and away from you as the toy winds down, the “handle” of the Earth, the axis, wobbles toward and away from the Sun over the span of 19,000 to 23,000 years (precession). These small variations in Earth-Sun geometry change how much sunlight each hemisphere receives during the Earth’s year-long trek around the Sun, where in the orbit (the time of year) the seasons occur, and how extreme the seasonal changes are.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is not something NASA could hide.

I own a telescope, as do millions of others across the globe. The earth spins in space so rapidly, if you focus your telescope on any star, it will drift out of view very quickly. In a matter of seconds if you are zoomed in on a particular star.

Venus has been giving off a good show lately. And it is going across the sky where and how it should be. Unless NASA has already encased the globe in a massive circular LCD screen, they could not hide such a change.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spleenika
The earth spins in space so rapidly, if you focus your telescope on any star, it will drift out of view very quickly.

I even noticed that when I zoomed in with my camera into Jupiter, after taking two photos I had to rotate the camera to follow it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
I have been reading various reports on signs that the earth's axis is tilting, such as constellations being in the wrong place, the sun not rising where it should, or the moon not acting right.......

But lets take weather into account here. If the earth were tilting more so than it was, then we would be experiencing much colder winters here in the United States as they are in Europe. But that has not been the case. For 3 years now we have experienced warmer winters than ever, likewise the warmest years on record, as well as very hot dry (in some places) summers.

Europe on the other hand has experienced colder winters and from what I have heard wet cool summers in the many areas.

This does not fit into the idea of the earth tilting. If this were the case North America and Europe would have Hotter Summers and Colder winters.

Another thing I have been hearing is that in Alaska the natives are noticing that the sun is lasting longer in the summer than it has in the past (by several days) and that it has been getting warmer by a few degrees every year. Yes a warming globe could be part of this, but has anyone talked to or seen articles from those in northern Russia to find out if their days with no sun are any longer? I know for a fact that they have been seeing record low temperatures.

I would think that if the earth was tilting at it's axis (outward) that the sunless days up north would be longer (though as mentioned I am no astronomer)

If the earth were to be rotating vertical there would be several anomalies within the stars as our view would be altered as our location changes.

Did no one else realize this guy basically just said if the Earth were tilting that would mean Europe and NA would be having hotter summers and colder winters, but since NA is having hotter winters and Europe is having colder winters, the Earth is rotating vertically?
Does no one see what's wrong with his post?

Get out a globe! (and to clarify, it's not the part about NA having hotter winters, while Europe having colder winters that's the problem, it's everything else in his post)

I usually don't criticize people who take the time to come up with new theories, no matter how bad they are.

But you just tried to come up with a theory that's based on global positions, without knowledge of the globe!!
You didn't bother doing a cursory check to see if your theory is right either!! You don't just create theories and post them without seeing if they are valid! That's insulting to us as readers.
That's more stupid than your post and that's saying something.
FFS all you did was change the word tilt to vertically rotating.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join