It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what conspiracies has ats uncovered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was curious... Most threads are opinions or hunches, or best guesses, some hoaxes, and occasionally I must assume a thread has uncovered something. Are there any that maybe the more senior members or long time lurkers remember?

If we can make up a list of threads that truly uncovered something, of any topic. I'll just keep editing the thread and adding to the list.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
On your ATS menu bar, click on TOOLS, then "w" next to (old pictures).
That's a list of the top members on ATS. You can pretty much check the thread histories of most of those members and you will find tons of legit conspiracies well researched with links to references.

You're kind of asking us to do all the work for you, which is a massive task.
Those members' threads are the best place to begin your search.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
On your ATS menu bar, click on TOOLS, then "w" next to (old pictures).
That's a list of the top members on ATS. You can pretty much check the thread histories of most of those members and you will find tons of legit conspiracies well researched with links to references.

You're kind of asking us to do all the work for you, which is a massive task.
Those members' threads are the best place to begin your search.

No one is asking anyone to do anything. I'm trying to find out from other members if they remember anything really interesting being uncovered on this site. I'm not asking everyone to search through the archives. But if it was memory worthy then add it here
I am going to search tonight and tomorrow and add what I find as well. But wouldn't it be nice, especially for newer members to see just how much this site has done for the public.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
They've uncovered all the conspiracies, including the conspiracies that aren't.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Gotcha.

So many to mention though. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Every day there's something new I seem to learn about here.

This gem does come to mind though....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

On your ATS menu bar, click on TOOLS, then "w" next to (old pictures). That's a list of the top members on ATS.

It may be a list of ATS's top contributors by the numbers, however it doesn't necessarily mean that they've uncovered conspiracies and lesser contributors haven't - as in, had a conspiracy theory confirmed... does it??

I'm with the OP here, I'm interested to know what conspiracies ATS has uncovered.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I'm going to do my best but I'm sure there are those on here who can do better

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
1)You won't be able to edit your first post after 4 hours, so you can't make this a "list reference" thread. Only mods can do that. You'd have to just keep posting updated lists or appending on new entries with new posts. Defeats the purpose.

2)It sounds like you're crowdsourcing, most likely for a freelance article, and that's against the TOS, so tread lightly.

3)ATS pretty much did all of the footwork for the media on the Jared Laughner case, but they never got credit. For any of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
1)You won't be able to edit your first post after 4 hours, so you can't make this a "list reference" thread. Only mods can do that. You'd have to just keep posting updated lists or appending on new entries with new posts. Defeats the purpose.

2)It sounds like you're crowdsourcing, most likely for a freelance article, and that's against the TOS, so tread lightly.

3)ATS pretty much did all of the footwork for the media on the Jared Laughner case, but they never got credit. For any of it.

1) I was planning on have a mod edit the OP.

2) I've been a member for 4 years. Why would I trying to post some sort of a freelance article now? That's a he'll of a long con.
edit on 8-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I got distracted last night by a certain large thread culminating in light body activation. I'll work on this today.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

If you're asking for a verifying, broken story, that has gone on to MSM acceptance - but first was posted on ATS?

Here is the most well known.

Aside from that? ATS tends not to get credit for breaking things. It is a conspiracy site, after all. No major news anchor is likely to utter the words "In a story first broken by some guy on a conspiracy website and followed up by our information desk...." Still, ATS has gotten mention in MSM many times.

The trend to watch for is that many stories tend to start here and then grow their way to MSM sources. I personally think that many, if not most large news agencies have people who scan over the sites, like ATS, looking for subject matter. Then, if they find something juicy enough? They can have their own people do research and don't have to say a word about where the idea originally came from.

If nothing else? ATS tends to be faster than the MSM most of the time. When I am bored, I will sometimes sit with the AP raw feed open and do other things. If an interesting piece crosses the wire, I'll throw a thread together quickly and post it. Often it takes print media a day or two to catch up and TV media even longer.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Do you have a link to the AP raw feed? I would love to use that to kill some boredom

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ive always wondered if there was anything like in the show The newsroom. Where they just had a raw feed color coded in terms of importance and accuracy lol. tv shows.. . love em.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
None.

join