It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian radio jocks leave airwaves following nurse's death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Australian radio jocks leave airwaves following nurse's death

www.cbsnews.com

"Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII's Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world."

"Chief Executive Officer Rhys Holleran has spoken with the presenters, they are both deeply shocked and at this time we have agreed that they not comment about the circumstances. SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be descri
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ndtv.com

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have seen, in a few threads on the topic of the nurse and her death that people believe that the Radio Personalities should be taken off the air. Well apparently so does the radio station and they have been until further notice.

I feel this was a simple prank done in order to find out basic information on a public figure gone horribly wrong. Speculation abounds as to whether or not this was actually a suicide or other(I do not wish to join in on the speculation at this time) but either way a person is dead. It is a shame it was over something so simple.

The information obtained was really not classified and it was nothing more than an intrusion of privacy. Did she really have enough shame over doing what she believed was the right thing to take her own life?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
People are lambasting the radio personalities online calling for their heads... Since when does being subjected to a prank justify killing yourself? How sensitive are people these days... jeez

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The Samaritans said that it takes more than just one event to make someone want to take their own life, guess they would know having dealt with so many suicidal people. There does seem to be a slight over-reaction here, it's sad that a nurse and mother has gone, but who's to say she wouldn't have killed herself either way?
edit on 7-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Poor radio people.

I dont see why this is news. The nurse obviously couldn't cope with reality. She is one face among the crowd though. Why are kate and william in the news. I dont know ANYONE that gives two *Snip* about them.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors - Please Review This Link.

edit on 12/7/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Snipped profanity, please read the above link for more

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
that nurse was murdered for giving out the info on Kate.and they made it look like suicide. No one kills themselves over a prank call.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

...but who's to say she wouldn't have killed herself either way?

Is it just me that does't want nurses and doctors on the brink of suicide treating me if I'm ill?
You would think the hospital might have some programs to help affected staff if they are having mental issues.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Its my opinion she was killed. We may never hear from these DJs again either.

Also note the language used here...'deeply saddened'. Same exact language the royals used...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortyboy
that nurse was murdered for giving out the info on Kate.and they made it look like suicide. No one kills themselves over a prank call.

I was thinking that same thing but was concerned that I may just be way too paranoid

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I care, and so do a lot of other Brits. The baby will one day be our monarch, and regardless of whether or not some people out there believe in monarchy, some of us do appreciate and respect it.

As for the nurse, I think there has been other stuff going on in her personal life, and the prank call was the tipping point. Within 24hrs, that poor woman is splashed on headlines all over the world, probably facing pressure from work and God knows what else.

Different people react to situations better or worse than others, sadly she obviously couldn't handle it and ended her own life.

It's tragic, and the DJs should be feeling guilty about it, however, it was just a practical joke gone wrong, they obviously didn't intend for any harm to come from it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's nothing that I think any Government should have any business in and they didn't here.....so having said that, the Radio station is the place for the public to make outrage known and their place to pull the guys. Heck, I'd say it's up to the market that listens to them and not world opinion as to whether or if they get back on the air. I noted they were scumbags in another thread and still figure they pretty much are. However, I also noted they're about like other shock jocks all over too. Which, I'd say they are. I've heard worse than they did here in the U.S. to be sure.

As for the nurse? I just wonder how much had to do with being made an international superstar for being known....in all the worst ways. Media attention these days can be so sudden, dramatic and destructive, it's hard to say what was running through her mind on all this. A tragedy, to be sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shortyboy

It has been mentioned in other threads, there is plenty of people everyday, whether journalists or comedians, people on Facebook or people on ATS (etc etc) who critisise and mock the Royal family, you don't see them disappearing or committing suicide do you?

It was suicide, tragic, but that is all it was.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past the royals to have offed the nurse as punishment and as a result of the "suicide", the DJ's are fired and ostracized.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

This may be true. But I doubt these people on Facebook are giving out info such as this. Where they are. That she was hospitalized for something so embarrassing. (Most women just DEAL with morning sickness)... thing about world leaders is, if you get on their bad side, they CAN and DO have you taken out, if it strikes their fancy.

This was a serious security breach. I'm confident that such a thing (killing someone for something like this) is NOT unprecedented.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I care, and so do a lot of other Brits. The baby will one day be our monarch, and regardless of whether or not some people out there believe in monarchy, some of us do appreciate and respect it.

As for the nurse, I think there has been other stuff going on in her personal life, and the prank call was the tipping point. Within 24hrs, that poor woman is splashed on headlines all over the world, probably facing pressure from work and God knows what else.

Different people react to situations better or worse than others, sadly she obviously couldn't handle it and ended her own life.

It's tragic, and the DJs should be feeling guilty about it, however, it was just a practical joke gone wrong, they obviously didn't intend for any harm to come from it.

See that makes perfectly good sense though. Im in america though and I dont really get why the media is so obsessed. They are playing the creepy stalker role over here when nobody here in the US needs a play by play. I dont get assaulted with newsflashes about the size of Putins or latest dump why do I need an assualt of the royal family news.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I also bet it will NEVER happen again. Haha. Least not for a long time.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

To be fair, I wouldn't have said it was that much of a breach, I have heard the telephone call, all the nurse does is tell the DJs that Kate is fine and Will had gone home (pretty much).

I have never in 32 years heard of any of the Royals having someone bumped off for anything, except that silly rumour that they were involved in Dianas death, but personally I think that is a load of crap too.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

They have nothing to feel guilty over. If the woman committed suicide over that, she had a lot more problems than shame. This shows the Monarchy in Britain has to much power. I'd tell the monarchy to shove it. Sounds immature? They'll get over it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You know how powerful people like this are? Haha
All they would have to do is express outrage over the event and the head of their personal security would order the hit without them even knowing it has happened. Plausible deniability. They have people that think for them in all situations and act on their behalf with confidence. If this woman was killed, the world will NEVER KNOW. And this is a low level event. Think JFK. 9-11. Etc...same rules apply.

The world will NEVER KNOW.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
People are lambasting the radio personalities online calling for their heads... Since when does being subjected to a prank justify killing yourself? How sensitive are people these days... jeez

There are thousands of kids and adults who kill themselves every year over bullying and humiliations yet usually the perpetrators claim they are "jokes" and blame victims for being too senstive.

A woman being made a fool of on a world stage is certainly not being over sensitive.
edit on 7-12-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join