It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Debt Visualized in physical $100 bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
'and when you ask them - how much should you give - they always say more, more ,more - J Folgerty aint no fortunate son.
i've been paying taxes for over 40 years and have not seen a nickels worth of improvements - just more robber barons.

edit on 8-12-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
We don't even owe it. So who cares....

We pay money to private banks to get our own money from a quasi-private federal reserve.

That's made up debt, not real. It's all just paper anyway....... what a scam.

Except that a lot of that is public debt, and China owns some of it among many others. It is real to them.

Proverbs 22:7: The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender’s slave.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I figured that the US national debt in dollars is greater than forty times the number of stars in the milky way galaxy. Ladies and Gentlemen reason and common sense have left the building. The US government has willfully and expeditiously created a nation of slaves. The will of the people has not been done. Government is now a self serving entity with its own interests in mind...hold on a sec my TV show is getting ready to start I'll finish this up later...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
We don't even owe it. So who cares....

We pay money to private banks to get our own money from a quasi-private federal reserve.

That's made up debt, not real. It's all just paper anyway....... what a scam.

Except that a lot of that is public debt, and China owns some of it among many others. It is real to them.

Yeah but the US also owns a lot of China's debt. While there may be a considerable amount of "real debt" owed to other countries and the such, overall I would estimate that most of the total national debt is debt owed to the central bank, which has been created via debt monetization (trading bonds for new money). The decrease in the purchasing power of the dollar is inversely proportional to the growth of the money supply, and the increase in the national debt follows nicely along with the increase in the money supply.

EDIT: Our Governments are slaves to the central banks. Most nations in the world now have private central banks. Why do you think it's such a wide spread phenomena, it's not like only the US is in deep debt. We are facing a global debt crisis which already has many nations close to the breaking point. It's not like other countries have the US by the balls, the private central bankers have all countries by the balls and they're siphoning off wealth from the entire world down into the hands of an elite few who now have immense power.
edit on 8/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior

Jeez that's mind blowing.
Couldn't lend me few bucks couldya ?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I didn't see any screencaps posted, so I thought I'd throw a couple in, just so EVERYONE can see what kind of debt we're looking at...

Here is a computer generated image of a pile of one hundred million dollars -

And HERE...here is a computer generated image of one TRILLION dollars -

And finally...a computer generated image of our debt ceiling as visualized in cold, hard cash - over 16 trillion dollars' worth of debt.

Now that's scary huge.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jough626
reply to post by Nephalim

Except, this is something to worry about.

It's like a person taking on a morgage. Okay, a mortgage, 250k. You have a plan to pay for it, it will take a while, but there is revenue to pay, and a pace is set to make it work.

What wouldn't work, is taking a new mortgage every year, while your revenue is going down. Yet, that is what is happening. Except, if we bust, the bank is not going to repo the house.... No one really knows what could happen is the dollar crashed, but we all know it wouldn't be fun.

WW3? Soup lines with no soup? Civil war? I'd say all of the above.

Civil war? Im not shooting you over money bro, no worries.
WW3? So be it, you can only die once. Crash the dollar? Fine, no one gets paid. Whats to worry about? Just this video and more poor decision making. See, maybe you're thinking I'm making light of it and I'm only telling you the truth. I understand the situation just fine. But If you watched this video and you # your pants, kudos to the maker. If you watched it and saw design, you'd likely say try harder next time. Frankly, I thought the poster here who posted pics of homeless folks made a deeper personal impact with me, than the video ever could. I would have went that route personally but, whatever floats your boat.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join