It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safest destinations if WWIII broke out.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If the world went cactus im not sure id want to survive to be honest.
I mean really, how much of a life could you live in a radiated land full of destroyed buildings, hungry people, rape, murder and pillaging?

Althought id head to NZ.

Any army wanting to take NZ has to storm the beaches where there are 50,000 angry maori's in war paint with axes and guns. good luck!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It all depends on what you are considering World War 3 to be. Where it is being fought. How it is being fought. And who the major players are.

If it is a full out nuclear war, your safest bet would be to avoid the northern half of the globe. Best bet, find a boat. Load up with supplies. Head for Antarctica or some of the low southern islands to avoid radiation. Spend the rest of your life there.

If it is conventional warfare, it all depends on where it is being fought. If the United States is under direct attack, your best bet would be to avoid major cities and if possible, go underground. The Russians, for example, love to go all shock and awe on a city they are beseiging. They will pound the area to dust with rockets, bombs and artillery for days or weeks. Then they will go in strong with mechanized infantry, tanks and helicopter gunships. It's just how they roll.

The Chinese on the other hand tend to favor digging in and creating a series of strongholds from which to form defensive lines. From there, they usually go for large surprise attacks and pre-emptive strikes to either push the enemy back or push the lines forward. This has been their usual battle strategy from 1950 to the present.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Right here in West Virginia. Plenty of fresh water sources, Plenty of game,and plenty of guns. Any force that try's to cross these mountains will find it extremely hard to get to the other side alive.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Antarctica.

At least there, the fallout would be minimal... you might even get lucky and a have group of penguins adopt you and take you as one of their own.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Mpumalanga Province would be good too.Has some stunning natural beauty too,and its one of The most geologically stable places on the planet.If you dont mind having to kill poisonous snakes+spiders almost the size of dinnerplates.Had to kill a black mamba the other day,a Mozambique spitting Cobra about 10days before that.Had to kill another Cobra and Puff Adder in my kitchen annex too.Spiders-the really big ones i find to be finelookin fellas,though i wouldnt particularly want one walking around on me,so i try and scanive them towards an open window and outside.I have to say,for being out in the Bush,we dont get half as many spiders as i expected.So unless you have serious phobias about these 2 types of critters,this is one of the safest places on the planet in Any event,cept of course a "planet killer" asteroid.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PetesPloota

i'm in oz too, in a semi tropical area with lots of turkeys and wallabies. spring water available + good rainfall so far.

will get chickens and ducks soon if i have time. must get a crossbow/bow n arrow too. have many fruit trees planted and bananas grow like weeds. lots of firewood here.

contrary to what some have said, i think it will come next year, syria and iran against the nato/zion clique. altho consciousness is rising there is still a heap of evil out there which will have to be played out---barring a miracle.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Floydshayvious

Or mine shafts,where i live,we'll even have access to those.I have to say,though,in all honesty,i would rather be dead than have to live like that for years.For those who'd want to cling to life at any+all costs,if you have enough supplies,it couldnt hurt to give that a try,i guess.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Brazil. They are big enough to defend themselves from a long range invasion by anyone except the US and they are the most powerful nation in their region. Anywhere in S. America would probably be ok because I think most nations there would stay out of it (at least in the early stages) as many did in WW2. If China tried a resource grab both the potential size of the armies the continent could conscript if need and the large geographical distance would make any attempt unlikely to prevail or even be attempted. In the scenario western forces had been defeated it would then become a target but it wouldn't be on the top of China's target list as Australia and NZ would be.

Sothern Africa would also probably be left alone in the early stages of any world war and being in the sothern hemisphere it would not get the fallout if it turned nuclear as is the case for the other regions mentioned. Unless of course nations in the sothern hemisphere are targeted with nukes and with the possible exception of Australia and NZ I think it's unlikely they would be. Regardless I don't think there is anywhere near the amount of potential targets in the event of a nuclear war as there is in the nothern hemisphere.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i would head up to northern canada mabey fort McMurray or up to the northwest territories largly uninhabited so not much reason to nuke the place i would need to take lots of arctic survival gear but i can get that almost any where and as for food plenty of elk,moose,and deer up there as well as small game animals and farther north are seals for clothes and food so yeah i can survive and not have to leave my country.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
new zealand whould be a good place to be ? and its not the sort of place to be nuked or is it ?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by deviant300

Considering this might really happen? Hmm... I'm not sure I'd want to share that idea with the whole world. lol... Oh heck, it's already shared far and wide. Southwest Missouri/Northern Arkansas/Eastern Oklahoma. That's where I am..and not entirely by accident.

You make a very good analysis. Why would China nuke Benton, Arkansas or any place near it. Hell, they'll make it a shrine.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Truthfully, and knowing this isn't the most sane answer, i'm going back to Mississippi with the wife in tow whether she likes it or not! I sincerely don't know of any one in the town that i am from that doesn't own a gun, and won't be afraid to use it either. I'd like to think I am a fighter, not a runner, but lets wait and see when the SHTF. haha. Plus there apparently aren't any reported fema camps in Mississippi, haha!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im headin to Amsterdam or Canada lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
Try Australia or New Zealand. Down south we are protected by thousands of kilometres of ocean. Although if there was a full scale nuclear war nuclear fallout and nuclear winter would reach all over the globe. Anywhere in America would probably be fubar, you'd need some kind of bunker with food and water for 6 months. If you survived the initial strike the radiation would be the killer.
Don't hold your breath I don't think WW3 will happen anytime soon, but in 100 years who knows.

Australia would probably be involved, strongly allied with the US as well as the motherland.

I'd probably stay in Ireland, New Zealand would probably be a good bet or some island in the South Atlantic or Pacific

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
Brazil. They are big enough to defend themselves from a long range invasion by anyone except the US and they are the most powerful nation in their region. Anywhere in S. America would probably be ok because I think most nations there would stay out of it (at least in the early stages) as many did in WW2.

I was gonna say South America too. You don't have much to worry about except the drug barons. But they aren't that bad if you just use enough of their product and don't get any aspirations of upward mobility

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fonzie

Originally posted by Strakha
Brazil. They are big enough to defend themselves from a long range invasion by anyone except the US and they are the most powerful nation in their region. Anywhere in S. America would probably be ok because I think most nations there would stay out of it (at least in the early stages) as many did in WW2.

I was gonna say South America too. You don't have much to worry about except the drug barons. But they aren't that bad if you just use enough of their product and don't get any aspirations of upward mobility

Would they not be involved in a major worldwide war? Brazil joined the Allies in WW2, and Argentina was Fascist leaning at the beginning of the war although didn't join the Axis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join