It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Phony Narrative: Arab Nationalism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

Wow. That is one of the most disgusting, hateful statements i have read on here. Where are you from exactly? Do you know the complete history of that dessert crap hole you talk about?

I cringe when I read some of these comments.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's an exception:

ASSYRIANS (not Kurds.): have a different culture, religion, language and history to other arab nations
ASSYRIANS (not Kurds.): had the Assyrian genocide (1890's)
ASSYRIANS (not Kurds.): were promised land by the English for supporting them in WW1

The difference between Jews and Assyrians is MONEY AND POWER. Why should one nation of people get land and right to their ancient ancestral home and not another?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Show me how Halacha determines law in Israel. It's a lie. The liberals at Haaretz are just pissy that the country is turning more conservative - but conservative does not mean "theocratic".

This is just one example how Halacha determines Israeli law.

In order to regulate this immigration, the “Law of Return” was enacted in 1950, giving all Jews or descendants of Jews the right to settle in Israel. This included the children, grandchildren, spouses, children’s spouses and grandchildren’s spouses of Jews.

However, the Orthodox Rabbinate contends that, according to the Halacha, a Jew is exclusively someone who is born of a Jewish mother and who has not converted to another religion. This Orthodox definition was added to the Law of Return as an amendment. Reform Jews also recognise as Jewish those who have a Jewish father but not a Jewish mother.

The lack of a clear definition means that the Supreme Court is repeatedly called upon to adjudicate, and its decisions set precedent for future judicial decisions. Some historical decisions still have a bearing today:

In the 1960s, Daniel Rufeisen, known as “Brother Daniel”, wanted to emigrate to Israel. He was a Jew who had been persecuted by the Nazis and had worked to save the lives of many other Jews, before later converting to Catholicism. Despite the fact that he was recognised as being ethnically Jewish, his immigration application was rejected because of his conversion to Catholicism.

source

I'm sure you aware of the extent of influence of Halacha on Israel's policy and Law making process, but i wonder why you keep insisting it isn't so.

Nevertheless, we cannot ignore the fact that specific interpretations of Israel’s notion of itself as a Jewish State do have an impact on both the judicial system and policies towards minorities, which can be problematical for the country’s understanding of itself as a democracy.

edit on 10-12-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

I'll miss it. I'll also miss my home here in Jerusalem...just saying

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join