It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMMUNISTS?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Last night we were at a show, we had finished playing about an hour earlier and another band had taken the stage. It was so packed inside that people were spilling out into the street. And you know what happens when THAT happens....

Two friends of mine, one which happened to be our bands guitarist, were sitting at a small table outside drinking cofee. My guitarist just so happens to be extrtemely political like the rest of us, hence the fact that we are a political rock band. He was adorning his che guevera shirt, a favorite in his collection of political jargon, actualy, we have a song about old che. ha!

Well, a cop comes up to them, looks my main man up and down and says, "Why are you wearing a che guevera shirt?" My friend, outspoken to say the least, replied, "Because I choose to."

The cop looks at him and says, "What, so ARE you communist?"

WTF?!?!?!?!?! This is harassment, this pisses me off, and later that night we were talking together and a cop passed by. I grabbed my friends shirt and said, "Dude, I love your shirt, che kicks ass, COMMUNISM RULES!"

FHIDHSFjkhalufhdsiKJHFklSDYUI

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i don't believe in the oppression of a person's political believes..... but communism is a pretty ignorant political belief

not meaning to offend

[Edited on 23-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtStarr
Last night we were at a show, we had finished playing about an hour earlier and another band had taken the stage. It was so packed inside that people were spilling out into the street. And you know what happens when THAT happens....

Two friends of mine, one which happened to be our bands guitarist, were sitting at a small table outside drinking cofee. My guitarist just so happens to be extrtemely political like the rest of us, hence the fact that we are a political rock band. He was adorning his che guevera shirt, a favorite in his collection of political jargon, actualy, we have a song about old che. ha!

Well, a cop comes up to them, looks my main man up and down and says, "Why are you wearing a che guevera shirt?" My friend, outspoken to say the least, replied, "Because I choose to."

The cop looks at him and says, "What, so ARE you communist?"

WTF?!?!?!?!?! This is harassment, this pisses me off, and later that night we were talking together and a cop passed by. I grabbed my friends shirt and said, "Dude, I love your shirt, che kicks ass, COMMUNISM RULES!"

FHIDHSFjkhalufhdsiKJHFklSDYUI

Well, the reason they are asking if he's a communist just MIGHT be the fact that ol' Che was a communist revolutionary. I know that YOU know that's what Che is known for...or at least I HOPE you know, being a political rock band and all. Were you just mad that the cop was asking what your friends political views are? I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you're mad at unless he was rude.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yea,....

Just because he was a revolutionary doesn't make what he believed in any more right.....

new topics

top topics

join