Morsi: From Hero to Zero in less than 24 hours

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Morsi came out as a hero after brokering a Hamas-Israelite cease-fire thus putting an end to Operation Pillar of Defense, hundreds in Gaza carried posters of Morsi; while in Egypt, he managed to show his opponents and the people that he was a force and a voice in the international scene. The operation ended 21st of November 2012, not 24 hours later, On 22 November, Morsi issued a decree that immunised his actions from any legal sanction, greatly underestimating the new Egyptian public and opposition. Perhaps Morsi thought he could get away with it, But the Egyptians of 2012 are not the same as the Egyptians of the past.

The decree sent hundreds of people to the streets, later they would grow to thousands as Morsi mismanage the situation by keeping silent and even fleeing from the presidential palace at one point.

The 25th January Revolutionaries put an end to Morsi's dictatorial ambitions

As of today (7th December), the presidential palace is surrounded by tens of thousands of anti-Morsi protesters, there are reports that they have broken through barrackades, some sources claim 100,000 protesters are in the streets. Morsi has called for dialogue to diffuse tension but his call was refused by the opposition. Now even if Morsi gets back in the game, he will not stand where he once stood before, he is seen as another power hungry Pharaoh, what a shame and waste of potential, now Egypt will lag behind even further in crucial times and even worse, a civil war could be brewing between the anti-Morsi protesters and his supporters (already 8 people have been killed). Clearly Morsi and the Brotherhood have very little knowledge and understanding about politics. Never underestimate the people, and this goes out to all the leaders, kings and presidents of the world; take note! the people have awoken !:12

whats next for Morsi, he seems to have the army on his side for now but only time will tell

MORE IMAGES: LatuffCartoons

Source 1

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Friday Prayers. Yup.. I hadn't tought about it today, but this is the time for highest public reaction on anything in that region.

I'd say after the protesters they just killed and wounded the other day, this likely goes one of two ways... Morsi is out in a fairly short period to be replaced by a new name and the same general policies to push ..... Or ... They get "pacified" and we'll know the true nature of what we're seeing take power over there.

Either way, Egypt should be educational to future expectations and Morsi did BADLY overplay a success which can barely be attributed to him anyway. Hamas and Israel usually come to terms of some kind eventually.... His intervention may have taken a day or two off what they both were about ready to have anyway. It sure didn't buy him King or Pharaoh status. lol.... Oops... Arrogance can have limits I guess. He found them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Morsi, wouldn't even be in charge if it wasn't for the U.S. sticking their nose in Egypts business. Look at Libya. Same thing! U.S. steps in, uses Al Quada to do their dirty work and low and behold the Muslim Brotherhood is now in charge.

Accident? I think not!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
...give it time.
Morsi will crush these people like ants.
He's just biding his time and trying to look democratic. It's an illusion.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

That is what I fear most. These people are under the illusion that all leaders are alike and Morsi can be taken down just like Mubarak. That MAY be true...if some of us have badly misread Morsi and the situation over there. If not? Well.. You're right. Morsi has to look the part at the moment. When he doesn't anymore? Those protesters are dead where they stand...and for the second time in my life, I may weep for people I've never even met. The first time? I was a kid when the Chinese murdered god only knows how many in Tienanmen Square.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Morsi, wouldn't even be in charge if it wasn't for the U.S. sticking their nose in Egypts business. Look at Libya. Same thing! U.S. steps in, uses Al Quada to do their dirty work and low and behold the Muslim Brotherhood is now in charge.

Accident? I think not!

I don't think the U.S. had a clue to what they were doing until the Muslim Brotherhood announced it's candidate for President in Egypt.

While the incident in Libya was going on, the Muslim Brotherhood was holding back and telling the U.S. that they weren't going to place a candidate in the running for President in Egypt. Low and behold, the Libya incident is over and the Muslim Brotherhood announces its intentions.

Wonder why the incident in Benghazi was going on while they were rioting over a stupid video in Egypt?

Wonder why they announce the possible use of chemical weapons in Syria while Morsi is fighting for his position in Egypt?

It's because Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood are working together to help spread "political Islam" throughout the Middle East while duping the U.S. on their true intentions.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here are the Egyptians tied in to both Benghazi and the riots over the video in Egypt. It appears as though they are part of the "Egyptian Islamic Jihad". It's just a matter of time before the Muslim Brotherhood is tied in with them, considering that most Al Qaeda leaders were all members of the Muslim Brotherhood before they turned radical.

What happens in Egypt will definitely help us to determine if there's a true connection or not with the current Muslim Brotherhood and extreme radicals.

"Old school Egyptian jihadists linked to 9/11 Cairo protest, Benghazi suspect"

Read more: www.longwarjournal.org...

There's another article floating around stating that Egypt has recently arrested one of these Egyptians tied to Benghazi, but it's not the same one mentioned in the above link.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Morsi will just end up being another dictator. Dictatorships is all those people have known for thousands of years. Democracy to them is nothing but a joke when you throw Sharia into it, which is the MB next move. Syria will be next. Assad is losing Syria and i bet you anything the MB will install their own puppet in.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
These dictators are doing it all wrong - everyone needs/wants something, figure out what that is and give the people a token of what they "think" they need, they'll fall in line...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
it's better to leave Morsi in power. By Middle Eastern standard the Muslim Brotherhood are considered moderates. Better than having Salafists or Wahabists in power.

join