It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within ONE Year: Tens of Millions Will Eagerly And Willingly PAY To Relinquish Their Privacy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What I take from this thread is its not just about this new game having this tech, its that it shows how it can be done with other things we might not know its built into.

I don't play these games and don't have kids living with me who do.

Ive tried a few of the soy type apps on my phone out of curiosity to see what they do and some are amazing. I installed a minicam on my iPhone to spy on my cats in my bedroom to see which one was wrecking things. I watched it from my iPad in another room. It was boring! All they did was sleep. I could talk to them. I called their names and watched them react to my voice. It made me think of the possibilities like what if I'm a pervert and left my phone in the bathroom and spied on people. I got another one called jumi cam and could turn on my pc webcam and look at who was in front of my computer. My daughter tested it out and I could snap pics of her. It also let me remotely operate my computer desktop. I could see my desktop. There was one I looked at last night but didn't install called mobile spy or something , that can spy on a phone and you can see every call they made, every text. If you go to the site or page that has all the logs, even if they deleted them right away.

ETA as it turns out, you don't really need apps to do some of these things. Your phone provider website allows you to login and retrieve the password to do it. Look at texts, call logs etc. You can listen to other mobile users voicemails if you know their PIN number or password. The phone providers tell you how to do it.

If I can play around like this , imagine what they can do. Maybe the trick is, you get somebody like me who installs the software for them and authorizes permissions. I haven't gone into my hardware device panel thing to see if this turned on remote access, by default it should be turned off or disabled and was on my last computer, but my latest computer, before I added all this stuff or even had an iPhone, I found it was turned on, enabled. It was shipped with it enabled and isn't supposed to be and most people would never look at that or understand it if they did see it. It might be wise to check yours is turned off. Google how to look for it for whatever computer you have. I guess virus' can enable remote access and I've heard it can be done on some IMs.
edit on 10-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. This reminds me of the old argument that the so-called anti-christ is coming and going to require all people to have a bar code tattooed on to their skin. As technology evolved the "mark of the beast" became a computer chip embedded beneath the skin. I personally do not believe the idea of an anti christ or any deity for that matter but one can easily recognize the appeal such devices or methods would have for a tyrant who wants to consolidate and control.

I believe 3 things have happened that are worth noting... 1) The anti-christ "mark of the beast" has evolved away from being a chip beneath our skin. 2) If there is something in technology today that could mimic or even surpass the expectations of a "chip" its a cell phone. 3) We have all graduated to such a passive population that we carry the chip around with us everywhere. Most of us even keep it within arms length as we sleep.

Add all the previously mentioned technologies to this scenario and i would agree.

bye bye privacy.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I understand you people who say we should do something about this. All of us who knows better can opt out. But you can be certain that 98 percent of people in the western world who can afford it, will have one of those machines in their house, and us opting out will have done jack #.

Now, how the # we prepare for that lol

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As society advances so do our views of whats right and wrong, people dont see this as wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
tyrants rule with fear,looking at the reactions to some of the people here,they are displaying paranoia & fear!in your paranoid world they have already won! the amount & reliance of technology in our daily lives is worrying but the original poster & subsequent posts are pedalling the fear.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.

Thomas Jefferson

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.

Maximilien Robespierre

Knowledge is power. Information is power. The secreting or hoarding of knowledge or information may be an act of tyranny camouflaged as humility.

Robin Morgan

As for fear mongering? Knowledge is, by its nature, antithetical to fear. Curiosity is the remedy.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Sun Tzu

Knowing the enemy, and his tactics, is the dispelling of fear, not a propagation.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I will stick with Wii U. It is a great system.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All those "tinfoil hat" comments from detractors may have been more on the ball than not. I did some simple testing to see how much my mobile phone's wireless signal degrades when wrapped with a standard sheet of store-bought foil -- about 25% to 50%. A few layers and you basically have a fully insulated device. And, of course, the same tin foil blocks out cameras and is pretty effective at muting microphones, so it might just be one of the better anti-domestic-spying tools out there.

And yes, I do think we need 'em:

CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher

Apple’s Not Spying on You; You’re Spying for Apple

Is Your Android Phone Spying on You?

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

And some for outside the home too:

Intellistreets DHS Smart Street Light System

DHS starts testing domestic spy drones

...all for your protection, of course.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by louczar
reply to post by tgidkp

But to what purpose? With NDAA they don't need any evidence to snatch someone up and put them down at all. Just mention classified and terrorist, there you go, goodbye and now nobody cares that you're gone, because hey, they said he/she is a domestic terrorist.

Why bother making a case and collecting evidence when all you need is a suspicion that someone is thinking too hard about things, or whatever it is that they don't like about you, and couple that with unlimited "detention" (more likely termination) powers? These days they can just make s*** up about you after the fact of your disposal.

Because people need something to fight against to keep them deceived. As long as you still believe that the NWO is coming, you won't realize that it's already here.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I have been a gamer since the days of pong and Atari 2600. It is a bit of a time waster to say the least. Technology in game consoles,cell phones and computers has progressed pretty quickly. It is like trying to stop a snow ball going down hill and it is only going to get bigger and better. The old tech is ditched quickly too and you have to upgrade. If you dont want to upgrade it is made to break down at some point. Gaming is addictive and my original xbox 360 got the red ring of death so I had to buy a new one.
If you want to become a grandpa who cant work the next gen toaster you are kind of forced to keep up. Or you can go back to living with your VCR that flashes 12 o'clock. It is sad you cant stop this intel gathering stuff but I think there is a fine line with progress and privacy and that line is blurred sometimes. They would have to have a large data base to collect all this info. I guess there is no more sitting at the computer naked

I've been a gamer since the Atari 2600, too, and I get what you're saying about the speed and frequency of which new technology is introduced.

However, I gotta say that it has the opposite effect on me. There are so many systems out now, with so many games, that I feel like I'll never need to upgrade again. I could be kept busy for the rest of my life by the retro games. I couldn't possibly play all the games that interest me, that are already out.

Plus, I find myself increasingly impatient with game installs and system updates and "always-online", etc. and then my interest in retro gaming gets rekindled. Quite frankly, I enjoy the older games more anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

I was in costco about a year ago and they had a new atari 2600 with all the games preinstalled, No cartridges. I havent seen it since. It was tempting to get. I am not sure if they still sell it. That joy stick frustrated me, you always had to jam it into your thigh. I ripped the stick off a couple of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here's hoping the feelies make up for it all.

I'll hold out for their deep-tissue massage while driving the autobahn and eating bun rieu program before judging.
edit on 12/14/2012 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All this new tech that people are willingly installing in their homes should make Project BlueBeam all that more real and believable when it finally goes off.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine recently purchased the Wii U. She was showing me and my children how absolutely fantastically fabulous it was. I was impressed right up to the point where it started recording my son's face while he played some odd little game.
Why don't most people see this as an issue? Everything is attached to Wifi these days. Even if it isn't the government and it's just some perv teenager hoping to catch a little look ... it's creepy.

Kthxbye.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaisingL
A friend of mine recently purchased the Wii U. She was showing me and my children how absolutely fantastically fabulous it was. I was impressed right up to the point where it started recording my son's face while he played some odd little game.
Why don't most people see this as an issue? Everything is attached to Wifi these days. Even if it isn't the government and it's just some perv teenager hoping to catch a little look ... it's creepy.

Kthxbye.

If you have not read the whole thread have a look at www.abovetopsecret.com... It should scare the heebee jeebees out of you.

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

I want one of those, but I'm hesitant because I read that they are not very well-made and break often. Of course... I'm sure they don't break as often as the 360, lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
heres my 2 cents, i love xbox and i dont do anything illegal, so no biggie, but do i want some government worker being able to pull up vids of me bangin my girl and my other girl lol, hell no

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We have intelligent cameras with pixel based identification logical capacities built into our phones, webcams, "smart" cameras, etc.

You can be monitored by news agencies as you walk from point A to point B using camera networks.

Traffic is monitored and manipulated constantly to maintain traffic.

Etc, etc, etc.

If anything, I'd say a kinect is a minor issue. iPhones and the like are much, much worse.

Still laptops use wireless directed at your gonads and internal organs. That can't be good either. iPhones are right by your skull though, and the WHO already released reports on how electromagnetic waves really do have an effect on brain activity. Everyone focus on the cancer instead of meta behavior. How odd.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

The thing about the Kinect that worries me, when it's all said and done - is that it is capable of sssooo much in terms of not just identifying us as individuals and even our moods? It is doing so in the ONE place we tend to feel safe and unthreatened... in our own living rooms.

Even security / freedom conscious people might well shake hands with the Devil on this one ( the very same way we are all here typing away knowing that governments are reading every word. The allure of convenience and fun will overpower these concerns for many... And that allows the taboo to be broken. We will become accustomed to such devices in our homes. We're already programmed to accept the notion thanks to shows like "Big Brother". This is another step in desensitizing us to the most invasive type of invasive information gathering.

How long before the first warrant is issued based upon intelligence gathered from such a device? How long before a prosecutor seeks to introduce evidence collected in such a way?

It's very frightening to me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join