It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Site Under Construction, Rainham, Essex UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the UK Gov are building a underground site in Rainham, Essex?

There's been a huge site cleard not far from a British Telecom Telephone Exchange which has been moving earth for the last few years.

I recall soon after 9/11 a television program on UK television (ITV Tonight with Trevor McDonnald) saying something about Rainham being sited.

I know quite alot about underground Bunkers due to service with the Royal Observer Corps and my interest in the Cold War.

Has anyone seen the site I'm talking about? It's visible from the old A 13 towards Rainham Police station. www.multimap.com... 0&gride=552378.560442108&gridn=182158.433063801&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&pc=&zm=0&scale=25000&left.x=7&left.y=98

You can clearly see something big is going on there. Any thoughts please?

RGJ

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
RGJ, Try asking for info about this on

uk rec subterranea

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
RGJ, I meant to add that the uk rec subterranea group has a lot of ex ROC
members, ex BT workers and bunker enthusiasts amongst it's members who might be able to help.

I was an Observer at No 9 Group HQ at Southwoods, Yeovil, in a former life
. I found my old Standard Operating Procedures for the end of the world the other day, that makes grim reading

How long has the Rainham excavation been going on? And where precisely is it on the multimap pic?

zero lift

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hello there.

Right first things first. I was 16 years old when I stumbled across the ROC at Southend Air Show. This was right at the very end of the cold war 91. How gutted I was when they stood down! I would have been based in Colchester 55 post (Rainham) I visited it twice before the axe fell. I guess you could say that's where I got my love for bunker's and anything to do with the cold war. I did wear a uniform again though as a Rifleman in the RGJ hence the name and I�m pleased to have served my homeland. I'm waiting for the all clear (Kidney stones) then I hope to go back to my unit.

Ok right about the multimap picture. Do you see in the upper right hand side that there's movement going on? Well that's been going on for about the last two years or so. I've looked into the prospect that it's an aggregate company (no sign's or obvious making's of a particular company, nore any actual aggregate) the earthmoving lorry's moving just that-earth!

The BT Exchange, Fresh water supply (streams), the plush new A13 etc etc. Also, about 4 years ago something strange happened in Rainham. There was a unexploded bomb alert in the area (WW11) Although being kept away for hours on end there was no mention on the news/paper's except the traffic reports to stay away. I find that rather strange and we're talking rather a large area of Rainham was a virtual no go area.

I've asked locals about this and they too have their suspicions about what's going on over there. There was to start with a simple wooden sign on the entrance stating that it was reclamation of land, this disappeared about 6 months after.

If I had to guess, I'd say that since Kelvedon Hatch bunker near Brentwood closed in 1994 the government has always thought that 'turnstile' (Corsham Bunker) would meet their need's as an emergency shelter. However, in the wake of 9/11 and the possibility of a CBR in London a major worry they needed a new, better located site to travel to. More central but just laying there in case our worst fears became reality.

RGJ

P.S Oh btw I found out that although the government could compulsory purchase the Kelvedon Bunker back from the farmer they sold it to, it would be pointless, because when this gentleman wanted to open it as a museum the fire regulations required him to add an extra fire escape. Thus rendering the bunker unable to provide any sort of meaningful blast or fallout protection. I've had a tour of this bunker and it's really worth paying a visit.

P.P.S Been a sub brit member for a while and it's good to know I'm amongst friends. I'd love to have a look at SOP booklet again. I did have a flick through one when I visited 55 post.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I see what you mean RSG. It looks similar to, but a lot smaller than, the excavations produced during the construction of the new GCHQ building at Cheltenham.

You might find this site interesting. Many apologies if you alreadt know about it.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

zero lift

new topics

top topics

join