It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says cops looked up her license 550 times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All because this woman is attractive. We seem to be finding more and more stories of police abusing their power. In one part of the story, she says she was stopped and surrounded by 4 police cars, then wasn't even given a ticket.
I know we here at ATS do our share of "cop bashing", but some of it, I feel, is justified. They want to be respected and looked up to, but for years, haven't deserved it. If someone else were doing this, they's be in jail on stalking or harassment charges. One of the things I find so incredible is, if we protected a friend who had committed a crime, covered and lied for them, we would be a charged with obstruction at least, or possibly as an accomplis. They call it The Blue Shield or The Blue Line and are rarely punished in any significant way if caught. I've been told by an officer here on ATS that "respect is a 2 way street" that if I show them respect, they in turn will respect me. I have yet to see evidence of that. I was very glad to see the officer in New York, giving the man boots, in a story that showed there are still good cops out there. Sadly, it was a story that was opposite to what we normally see. We are supposed to report crime, why can't they do the same when they know of things like this?

video.today.msnbc.msn.com...

Former Minnesota policewoman Anne Marie Rasmusson says police officers accessed her driver’s license pictures illegally 550 times, not because she did anything wrong, but out of “personal interest.” NBC’s Kevin Tibbles reports.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
All because this woman is attractive.

Or not, as we don't really know why they were accessing the data.

But I guess she will be OK, with the help of that more than 1 million dollars of compensation she got.

PS: I wonder how many times she did something like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
IMVHO, shes not all that pretty, but I do agree LEOs shouldnt be looking up ANYONE in ANY database for LE use, UNLESS its for an investigation
edit on 12/7/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I went out with 5 linda's once, (they all sounded the same on the phone when I answered it) I'll never do that again !

But, per OP that's just crazy! Lots of weird folks out there! (but, we all know that, don't we!)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

There is a thing called CALLER ID you know

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Did they access it while she was a police officer or did she find out after? I'm sure as a police officer she herself accessed her license...550 times? She aint that hot.....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
She was actually a LEO at the time herself.

But, she's got a million dollar smile now!

Anne Rasmusson, Ex-Cop, Wins $1 Million Lawsuit After Colleagues Use Database To Look At Her Photo ID

She's got a million-dollar smile!

Former St. Paul, Minn. police officer, Anne Marie Rasmusson, won more than $1 million after filing several invasion of privacy lawsuits after 104 cops illegally looked up her driver's license photo more than 400 times, just to take a gander at her shining visage.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah, I know. But I didn't have it then. I was staying at my folks house (when I got out of the Navy) ..Its a long story

As far as the cops lookin at the women that many times (I gotta say something on the OP) I just think that's crazy and why ? Unless your sick upstairs.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
that woman is not even slightly attractive. I imagine she probably pissed one piggy off and then that little piggy got other little piggies to be on the lookout for her and harrass her if they could. hence the many views of her mug

Or maybe. Just maybe she saw the blatant disregard for our rights going on and had some helpers do this so she could get it stopped. Just puttin on a puppet show knowing that this was the only way to get people to open their eyes a smidgeon.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Curious as to what tipped her off about her drivers license being looked at 550 times?

She sure didn't seem to mind having the camera on her at the gym.
Tank top and all....

And of course, she didn't mind showing off her body building pictures either.

And yet, she acts creeped out when guys check her out.
What ever......

I'm sure she'll get over it now that she's a million dollars richer.
Which if I understood correctly, some settled already, some have not.
Maybe more money in the works.

Keep on playing the "scared" little girl act...... sorry, but I can't fall for that.

edit on 8-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This incident has been ongoing for over a year now -
Minnesota cops accessed records of ex-officer 425 times

Apparently these officers failed to realize that anytime they access a record its logged for audit / compliance purposes. Hopefully the legal system will take appropriate action against these officers.

@ the op -
Reference your comment about respect being a 2 way street. If that was directed at me the characterization is off. If not directed at me then please disregard. The times ive talked about respect being a 2 way road hinged on it being earned, especially from the law enforcement side towards those citizens we serve.

My uniform does not grant me respect.... My actions earn it..

edit on 8-12-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
see is attractive, but certainly not hot. her pic is goofy. I bet they were laughing at it as an inside joke, which prompted the lawsuit

otherwise she would probably just been flattered

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Whether it was because she was pretty or not doesn't matter. Either way her liscence was looked up for no good reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Only a matter of time before every knuckle dragger with a badge is using drones to peep.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
IMVHO, shes not all that pretty, but I do agree LEOs shouldnt be looking up ANYONE in ANY database for LE use, UNLESS its for an investigation
edit on 12/7/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

if you had any idea of the crap they do you wouldn't believe it. my nephew was an officer in Trenton NJ for 5 years, seriously you can't imagine what the cops do and get away with. suffice it to say they are, for the most part, legal, organized criminals with a union.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

What do they do?

What have you done to stop it?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
On a side note,

The cop then pulled a muscle in the shower 352 times.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If they can pay an ex cop this amount of money for having a picture viewed, what should they be paying people that were harassed, beat, tasered, shot, wiretapped, tracked, etc by the police. What about people who the cops constantly suspect and interrogate for local crimes (the usual suspects).

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Having read the article and viewed the video the following can be stated:

While what the police did was and could be considered a form of harassment, it raises many questions there are 2 that should be asked and actually have to explain in a court of law:

1) Where was the IT people at this time, why did they not catch this? Every time I worked where I had access to a computer, it was common knowledge that the IT was watching what all was going on with the system and any infraction of the rules set down could and would lead to immediate dismissal.

2) Where was internal affairs? Are they not suppose to investigate this kind of activity on the part of the police, if it is criminal? It sounds like there is a problem that should have and is being addressed on the part of the police.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The REAL ID Act system cops use to look up people drivers licenses, there is a provision in the system which is like a "chat system" where cops can enter derogatory and negative things about people they don't like.

I wonder how many cops wrote comments in the system as they all accessed it to check her out?.....it wasn't the picture they were checking out. IT WAS THE COMMENTS.

...And that's why and how some people when they get pulled over get harassed so much. They peed off somebody with a badge, someone at DMV, a politician, or CIA/FBI/Pentagon.....that put a negative thing in the system under that person.

it's a tool they use to harass dissenters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join