It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man exiled for debunking 'weeping Jesus'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Was is blessed sewer water? Cause that changes this completely...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what’s puzzling me is just how religious do you need to be to even want to lick a damp statue of a naked man being tortured with a smiling catholic priest standing next to it?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
people will believe what they want to believe
what's weird is that why would you attack someone who tries to rationalize it
if what you believe is true then it will hold up to whatever test it is given
this is just one example of how the human mind works, or fails

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

And soon after he was arrested the statue started to cry even more, both are a crock, the guy for giving it any attention and anyone that believes that malarkey.

This looks just like him right? So better not eat it or it will be blasphemy...lol.

edit on 12/8/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

You didn't read the story in ANY of the links, did you?

He wasn't arrested. He's a well-known Rationalist who is attempting to expose fraud and deny superstition, and he left after being warned and threatened. But you're not really interested in the details.

Oh well.!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What surprises me is that no Catholic has evoked the "rationalism" that, perhaps, God sent the atheist to save them from the dirty water.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No I was just adding to it, it was my sarcasm. I think anything that is used to infer this kind of crap is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Wait, these people were told they were drinking sewer water and yet continued to do so? So let them drink the sewer water - it's their problem now. And, of course, the man should not apologize for being rational.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Wait, these people were told they were drinking sewer water and yet continued to do so? So let them drink the sewer water - it's their problem now.

Not only were told, but got pissy about it and filed charges! That's the problem. Makes ya wonder how fragile their beliefs are, doesn't it?

The issue is that the government is allowing these people to keep the man in exile now, or face unbailable arrest. He wants to go home and continue to disabuse them of their fantasies, and to strip the "authority" of those that allowed them to drink/lick it!

Terrible. If it were me, I'd be just about ready to say "Fine, here's my passport. Scratch me off the list. Y'all are nutters, and there's no help for it."

Except ---- except....
as MLK, Jr. said, "Our lives begin to end the day we remain silent about things that matter."

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

What surprises me is that no Catholic has evoked the "rationalism" that, perhaps, God sent the atheist to save them from the dirty water.
Good point!
Wow, he could be beatified and sainted!!

Strange.

Plus, he's a "Rationalist", not necessarily an Atheist. I just started a thread about "Deism" - which mentions Richard Dawkins, who is also a Fellow at this "Rationalist International Institute." Deism is the opposite of Atheism; it holds the possibility of Intelligent Design, but erases the "person" idea of GOD....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's BS that he got punished for exposing that it was sewer water. The religion does not say people should drink sewage so therefore he was not interfering in anyone's religion.

But then again, it does not say people should drink water that comes out of a cross either...

I've never heard of or read about any instructions from god that this should be done. But then, god never said to bomb abortion clinics or burn witches, or adore objects for example like wood or metal or other that hath been fashioned into a cross shape.

There seem to be many things done by those who proclaim to adhere to a certain religion that are not a part of that religion, and yet people use these very things as reasons why they dislike the religion.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ok proof that people will believe what they want to believe . Being told they were drinking sewer water did any of the parrish object? Did the preist try to hide the fact that the statue was not actually weeping but was the repository for a leaking pipe? If so isnt the preist guilty of telling lies to his parrish? Is it ok for the priest to lie and let people drink filthy water to cover the lies ? Why isnt the preist held accountable in this case. He perpetuated the lie. The other guy ,doing Gods work, tried to stop people from drinking it so they would not get sick. Who is the good guy here and who is the bad?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Maybe there is a miracle in this story anyway.

People were drinking and licking sewer water (in India!).

Did anyone die from it? Was there an outbreak of cholera, typhus or dysentery?

If no one died, I would consider it a miracle.... happening in India!

Sewer water flows down the sides of the streets in India, theyre immune to all that crap

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Well, to me it's pretty obvious it's the priest (or whoever allowed people to think it was "holy water" and that it was some sort of "miracle") who are the bad guys.
Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I thought india was full of hindus and buddhists. I didnt know there was such a large christian population there. And here i was proud of being a buddhist becaise it comes from people who know better...well i guess the buddhists know better, but i thought india was better than this

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know some people have a natural instinct to ignore people who are speaking English with thick accents. However, I would encourage folks to listen to the actual interview before posting replies to this thread because they are not upset at the fact that this is sewer water, they are upset because this atheist is lying on them and saying that they are calling this a miracle and accusing them of trying to make money off of people. No one claimed it was a miracle, is the counter argument. That is why they are upset and that is why they are demanding an apology. Maybe people should actually LISTEN to what people are saying and judge for themselves instead of sit there with mouths wide open like baby birds waiting for someone with a bias to drop in some regurgitated mess.

edit on 8-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
I know some people have a natural instinct to ignore people who are speaking English with thick accents. However, I would encourage folks to listen to the actual interview before posting replies to this thread because they are not upset at the fact that this is sewer water, they are upset because this atheist is lying on them and saying that they are calling this a miracle and accusing them of trying to make money off of people. No one claimed it was a miracle, is the counter argument. That is why they are upset and that is why they are demanding an apology. Maybe people should actually LISTEN to what people are saying and judge for themselves instead of sit there with mouths wide open like baby birds waiting for someone with a bias to drop in some regurgitated mess.

edit on 8-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

Well, in the US if someone accused someone else of fraud without proof of intentional fraud, I would think they would open themselves up for a nice libel suit.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

They are accusing him of interfering with people's religion.

lol... let me translate that: they are accusing him of interfering with people's delusions.

If I were him I would apologize. "I'm sorry for making you see the truth and stop drinking sewage water. I should have realized you people can't handle the truth."

edit on 7/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Exactly. We live in a sad world...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

this atheist is lying on them and saying that they are calling this a miracle and accusing them of trying to make money off of people. No one claimed it was a miracle, is the counter argument. That is why they are upset and that is why they are demanding an apology

Wait,.....What? They were encouraging people to drink/lick the water coming from this "crucifix" statue. These vulnerable "believers" were being duped by the phenomenon and the priests who said "yes! It's God making this happen!"

There was nothing at all in the entire story about money. He's not an "Atheist", either. He's a "Rationalist", who showed these people how the phenomenon -- that they thought was some miraculous sign -- was happening in realistic, real-life terms; plumbing issues.!!!!!!

"Lying on them?"
Really?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

you know, some swear drinking pee is good for you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join