It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallaxed

Welcome to ATS, and cheers. Very solid point.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: removed arrow, landed on new page.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

All that you know is what the corporate media have told you, and the story is anything but clear in the present circumstances. Do you believe everything you read in the corporate media?

Again, I will repeat two odd lines that appear in the Independent:

1) 'The death is being treated as unexplained...'

and

2) 'Sources say Ms Saldanha’s death is not being treated as suspicious.'

Question: how can the death be both 'unexplained' and 'not' suspicious? Furthermore, who are the sources that are saying the death is not being treated as suspicious?

It is possible that there is another story behind the stuff peddled by the media.

www.independent.co.uk... suspected-suicide-8393289.html

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer

Finally the DJ’s did not cause all the trouble they were simply the catalyst for the events that transpired. Simply because the prank was aimed at the royals does not justify apportioning blame,

This "prank" wasn't aimed at the Royal's....it was aimed at the hospital staff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

So you think the prank would have so many hits if it did not involve the Royal Family? They appeared to want to talk to Kate - she was asleep at the time - and so they had to talk to the switchboard. Ergo: they were trying to take play a prank on the Royal family, not the staff of some random hospital.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Lighten up? Lighten up... some poor woman has just died because of a prank phone call.
I do not know what was happening in this womens life but like someone said it may have been the tipping point.
I tried to put myself in the two womens position and I would have not thought "Oh it has to be a prank" and I woulda fallen for it but what those two radio people didn't think about is patient confidentiality is serious and I have seen 2 nurses get fired for breaking it.
Maybe she was about to get fired but they will never tell us that now she is dead.

Your right I would probably have fallen for the prank too but then why did the hospital put this poor woman in a position where this could happen to her, why did the royal protection squad not prevent it. How is it that a lowely nurse could be put in such a position where medical confidentiality could be unwittingly given out?

You have to ask the question why the royal’s with their extreme wealth and expediency in dealing with public interest in their lives let this happen. The hospital is private and obviously caters for high profile people so they would also have plenty of experience in dealing with public interest to, they would have systems and procedures in place to mitigate the chances of public interest turning into public embarrassment.

So we have SIS, Royal Protection Team, Hospital Systems/Procedures all gone to the wall and a nurse is that last line of defence, she then tops herself (apparently) and people want to blame the DJ’s for her death, now that is crazy!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thing is what the radio people did was wrong even if it wasn't a royal involved.
Who in there right mind would waste nurses time by ringing a hospital?
Also those two were in trouble anyhow with the broadcasting regulations anyhow.

As it happens, it looks like the show has breached Australian broadcasting regulations anyway. As Patrick Foster has been tweeting, the Aussie radio guidelines state that broadcasters should "not use material relating to a person's personal or private affairs, or which invades an individual's privacy.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallaxed
reply to post by AndyMayhew

I think a much sadder thing is that people are so willing to believe the appearance of reality without digging beneath the surface. Yes, for all we know, she might well have taken her life thanks to the hoax of two radio presenters. That is a feasible possibility. But it is also possible to theorise that she was murdered for leaking information about the Royal family and that the breach is being used to create harsher laws against information sharing. Both positions contain a modicum of truth. Why not learn to think dialectically instead of simply taking up a single position on this story? After all, it has only just broken!

The nurse who committed suicide DIDN'T leak ANY information! She didn't breach any confidentiality....she merely transferred the call to the other nurse who did.....if this is one big conspiracy why didn't the nurse who gave out information "commit suicide!" ?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Finally the DJ’s did not cause all the trouble they were simply the catalyst for the events that transpired. Simply because the prank was aimed at the royals does not justify apportioning blame,

This "prank" wasn't aimed at the Royal's....it was aimed at the hospital staff

Would the prank have taken place if Kate wasnt there? of course not, so yes it was aimed at the royals, thats where this public interest is raised. Anyway what is your point?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Unexplained maybe because of the way she did it (maybe no signs of how she did it) = unexplained until a coroners report.
Not suspicious, no forced entry, a note maybe.
It is what the police would say for any suspected suicide but will not say it is a suicide until it is investigated.

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Thing is what the radio people did was wrong even if it wasn't a royal involved.
Who in there right mind would waste nurses time by ringing a hospital?
Also those two were in trouble anyhow with the broadcasting regulations anyhow.

Well this is the thing, just think how many reporters, journalists, hoaxers, scammers and the like would have been phoning to try and get info?

These stories sell for tens of thousands and any snippet of info is like gold dust... the tabloids LIVE for this crap.

I cannot believe for one minute that this Hospital were not on alert about getting scammed/hoaxed and had much more strict rules and procedures in place while Kate was there.
That ANYONE calling wishing to get info, or talk to Kate or any Royals, would not have been put through to some security team or MI5 or something...

The whole "hoax" story stinks to be honest and I'm not fully convinced that all is what it seems.

link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Well, I hope those DJ's are real proud of themselves either way.
I'm sure they are, after all, look at all the media coverage they received.

Pranks are funny and I couldn't and don't want to imagine a world without them. The receptionist should have known better and it is her fault for giving out the information. She should have taken her lumps and moved on with her life. In no way is it the DJ's fault she killed herself. As soon as people quit playing the blame game and start taking resposiblility for their own actions is when the world will start to grow in a positive way. Let the weak weed themselves out without it being someone else's fault all the time.

Not sure why anyone has starred your post, possibly another idiot. This married lady with two kids was a nurse not a receptionist, and she didn't do anything other than transfer the call, she didn't give any information about anything. While at the moment it looks like suicide that doesn't mean it was related to the hoax call unless a note is found that says that was the case or there is compelling evifence to suggest this.

The radio hoax was crass and stupid, you'll appreciate that as it's similar to your post.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

Because people make mistakes all the time, nothing runs perfectly.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You people assume that the nurse committed suicide because of the hoax phone call. We do not know that. It could have been anything. She could have had depression or other issues. We do not know ...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
just exactly what information did she release during this call?

link   
reply to post by Logos23

I agree that she should not be held responsible for any serious violation of doctor-patient confidentiality. In fact, I have said as much in other posts.

link   

Originally posted by Parallaxed
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Are you actually serious? The nurse in question thought she was talking to a member of the Royal Family - in which case she did not think that she was making a breach of confidence at the time. That she was foolish enough to believe the phone call is no reason to suppose that she meaningfully breached the guidelines.

EXCUSE ME?!?!?

Yes I am serious.

It was the switchboard's responsibility to ensure that the proper ID protocols were followed. The nurse that patched that call onto the private nurse was to make sure that the Queen in question calling was the real deal.

I sense that the nurse was confused about what to do at the time. She most likely had one or more of these thoughts running through her head:

A) It is the Queen, must not follow protocols because it is the Queen omg omg omg!!!
B) It is not the Queen, but if I follow protocols and at the end it really was the Queen, my following of protocols will be an embarrassment to my hospital omg omg omg!
C) The dog barking sounds real, it must be the Elizabeth and Charles

My guess is both A & B....

At the end of the day, she was still a nurse and access to drugs. Most night shift nurses end the morning at 7 am for switch over. She was found after 9:00 am. It usually takes a few minutes for narcotics to kick in....

Choose what you believe, this was not a job performed by the Elite.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by Unity_99

Why do you believe that? You must have a reason...

All of this is meaningless speculation. Its infinitely more likely that the circumstances of this woman's life, coupled with this latest incident, caused her to take her own life.

Murder? Who? Why? No motive here, just a poor, duped woman. Beyond that your just talking.

Good post, but on a conspiracy site you unfortunately have a percentage of people for whom the real world is something that happens to other people. Unfortunately some people have no empathy to the fact a person appears to have taken their life leaving their parents/husband/children bereft maybe or maybe not due to this episode in their life. Certain people on ATS just seem to have lost their connection to what life is all about and seem obsessed with seeing any event as another piece in some kind of puzzle. Pathetic really.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You people assume that the nurse committed suicide because of the hoax phone call. We do not know that. It could have been anything. She could have had depression or other issues. We do not know ...

Of course..

But ATS being a conspiracy site and this story certainly falling between the parameters of what could be considered a conspiracy, It's certainly worthy of a thread and some discussion right?

A Nurse who screwed up and caused outsiders to get an update on the health of a member of the Royal Family, turns up dead in what is being called "unexplained" and you don't think it's worth talking about?

link   
Just an update it was a duty nurse because they had no receptionist on at 05:30 (normal that).

www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell said it had been suggested to him that she had felt "very lonely and confused" as a result of what had happened.

just want to add this quote.

Royal College of Nursing chief executive Dr Peter Carter, meanwhile, said it was "deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession".

edit on 7-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

Your right I would probably have fallen for the prank too but then why did the hospital put this poor woman in a position where this could happen to her, why did the royal protection squad not prevent it. How is it that a lowely nurse could be put in such a position where medical confidentiality could be unwittingly given out?

You have to ask the question why the royal’s with their extreme wealth and expediency in dealing with public interest in their lives let this happen. The hospital is private and obviously caters for high profile people so they would also have plenty of experience in dealing with public interest to, they would have systems and procedures in place to mitigate the chances of public interest turning into public embarrassment.

So we have SIS, Royal Protection Team, Hospital Systems/Procedures all gone to the wall and a nurse is that last line of defence, she then tops herself (apparently) and people want to blame the DJ’s for her death, now that is crazy!

I agree - this isn't being mentioned in the MSM. What about their security team - both at the hospital and the Royal's team? Not a peep about their job?

There is no way they wouldn't monitor calls coming in and have some type of verified caller id or code. The DJ's never thought they would get through - they said that.....

Someone on the security team knew or should have known this call was a prank. Did they make a mistake or do it on purpose?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join