It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSorcerer

no , the only thing that smells is the bull# being spewed by people fantasising about what " must " have happened

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The difference, in my opinion, is that when Kate Middleton agreed to become Prince William's wife she in effect "signed up" for this.

This nurse/receptionist did not.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I see none of the kneejerks blaming the whole media for this, but the DJ's get blamed.

It was a funny harmless prank that would've remained largely unnoticed until the media blew up the story.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy here cause I don't believe hits are put out for stupidity, not even by the reptillians.

It is sad, but if a person wants to kill herself over something so trivial that's forgotten next week, then she must not have been very happy already.

Very strange though.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Jason88

This link has not said anything about linking the Prank to her suicide. Where is the connection?

This is same as...

"Hospital receptionist ate cereal made by Kellogg dies in a suspected Suicide"

"Hospital receptionist drove a red car made by Buick dies in a suspected Suicide"

"Hospital receptionist who went to wall mart dies in suspected Suicide"

headlines like these make POOR journalism... but in the end of the day...greed sums up

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEd
I see none of the kneejerks blaming the whole media for this, but the DJ's get blamed.

It was a funny harmless prank that would've remained largely unnoticed until the media blew up the story.

It maybe news to you, but the radio djs are the media.

It is sad, but if a person wants to kill herself over something so trivial that's forgotten next week, then she must not have been very happy already.

Very strange though.

Firstly, she may have had a pretty happy life before this. It can take only one single event to push someone to the edge.

Secondly, who will have forgotten this next week? You might have forgotten it and most of the people on here might have forgotten it. It's unlikely the directors of the hospital will or her line manager, and that line manager's line manager. Nor would the media next time they'd have run a story on this particular hospital.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
jeez people cant take a joke anymore
to commit suicide over something like that is foolish

I think you'd be wiser (and a better human being) if you refrained from judging her without walking in her shoes for a bit. With British press the way they are I've little doubt that her & her family's life has been unbearable for the last few days. At the very least she'd have been looking at losing her job and being unofficially blacklisted from continuing her nursing career in the UK. Revealing confidential info about a member of the Royal Family doesn't go down well here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It was the nurse I believe?

And the police are saying the death is "unexplained" but are not looking for anyone else in connection with it and are not treating it suspiciously.

:shk:

Man...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
With British press the way they are I've little doubt that her & her family's life has been unbearable for the last few days. At the very least she'd have been looking at losing her job and being unofficially blacklisted from continuing her nursing career in the UK. Revealing confidential info about a member of the Royal Family doesn't go down well here.

Yes... but the call was put through to her, I would imagine she must have thought that the checks would have been done before the call got to her?

It's ridiculous to blame her.

The security procedures at the hospital are extremely weak and ultimately that is what's responsible.

Also I'm sure the Royals were not best pleased about it.

Someone gets "suicided" subtle waring sent through the MSM.... do NOT mess with Kate & Wills.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The lady that committed suicide was a nurse that was covering the phones, so she was the one that put the call through, but not the one that gave out information. It is a little confusing.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

The lady that committed suicide was a nurse that was covering the phones, so she was the one that put the call through, but not the one that gave out information. It is a little confusing.

Ah OK cheers for that

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm getting conflicting reports of whether the call was transfered to her. The story appears to be leaning towards her answering a 'ward' direct land line number. In all the hospitals that i've received bed and board at, they've always had 'ward' phones that can be direct dialled from outside, which means she could easily have been the only one around at 5am to answer the phone.

I also think its harsh to blame her. In fact I have no problem laying the blame at least partially with the Royal Family. They should be banned from using the NHS. They clog up the system, get preferential treatment and waste resources better spent on caring for those in need. They should go bupa.

-------

The conspiracist in me is shouting in my head:- The timing couldn't be better for those rich and famous, who want to restrict press powers post The Leveson Inquiry. I could see some back room NWO strategist types discussing how easy it would be to pretend to be press and harass the living daylights out of her. Never let a crisis go to waste. Always use crises to further your agenda.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
On another point, it's sad that a good nurse was lost over such a stupid thing. There is no need for a monarchy in this day and age, it's outdated tripe. I would say the media are slime but they do what they do and they can't help it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

edit on 7-12-2012 by something wicked because: updates to OP make response not worthwhile

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by FlyingSorcerer

no , the only thing that smells is the bull# being spewed by people fantasising about what " must " have happened

I was only speculating a conspiracy as this is.... errr..... a conspiracy site isn't it??

How about I help you down off your soap box and away from the keyboard so you can go and sit in the corner until you calm down a little?

(Lets get back to the conspiracy talk then shall we?)
So, IF.... that's only IF, this was a murder made to look like a suicide (that's only speculating, just hypothetically speaking) then surly ( I say surly but I have no actual proof to back up these claims) there is something else she is guilty of (obviously not proven guilty in a court but just lets say somehow we know she is in fact guilty) other than just transferring a phone call at 05:30 in the morning...... ?clearer?......

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
here is the prank call

so can someone fill me in on why she commited suicide? - allegedly!

this call isnt anything bad realy is it!
its an obvious prankster and theres a slight hint in the nurses voice that she 'knows' its a prankster
something seems off if she realy did commit suicide over this
edit on 7-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Well if you listen to the prank, someone answers and then transfers the phone and someone else answers it on the ward.

The first lady definitely has an accent so it possibly was her who took the initial call.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I guess something is wrong with me then, because I didn't think the prank was funny when I first heard about it.

nor did i.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
I agree, it's foolish to kill oneself over such a trivial episode - half of women suffer from morning sickness. And to those condemning the radio DJs - they deserve the scorn. In the US Howard Stern and others have done these prank phone calls for decades, though I don't remember anyone killing themselves over it - maybe she was a fragile woman who was thrust into the limelight under bad circumstances.

She also killed herself "yards from the hospital" in the morning - maybe she was fired? Or maybe it was a cry for help (she is near a hospital to be saved after all) that went terribly wrong.

I guess as is with most news items, it will take time for the "facts" to become clear.

She wasn't fired, by all acounts she (and the other person who had actually given information) had received full support and there was no question of any disciplinary action. No complaints had been received from the Royal family either. This is a very sad story and if the hoax call was the only contributing factor then I hope the statement the radio station says it is preparing includes a review of its standards and hopefully the fact that 'unfortunately' they have to let a few people go.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I guess something is wrong with me then, because I didn't think the prank was funny when I first heard about it.

nor did i.

It's Aussie humor guys, guess you need to have a few tinnies of Castlemaine 4X and a barbie on the go to find it funny

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I totally agree with you about the Royals, and that the press are slime. However, to protect our liberties and freedoms we must pu up with this slime. Nothing good comes from restricting the press. Doing so is a huge red flag on the road to tyranny.

I think these DJs should fall on their swords as she has done, but then i'm in a very bad mood today. I'm might have felt different if my income hadnt been cut by 70+% today with only 24hrs notice. And all because the public don't realise that the economic crisis is fake and could be rectified with a keystroke and that an economy run without corruption would require no taxes, and would have no poor.....grr

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join