It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
AussieDingus:

...that the majority knew nothing of this event until after the suicide. Yes there may of ('have' not 'of') been a small trickle of information, but it was nowhere near the coverage it recieved after the suicide.

It would seem to me you are adopting a somewhat defensive posture for all Australians against the global bad press the 2 DJs and the radio station seem to have brought upon themselves, and by relation, Australians in general. If this is so, then it is an ill-conceived posture from which you are writing. No one condemns a whole nation because of the childish antics of a few of it's citizens, but from what you write, it is obvious you are perceiving a 'taint' against your nationality, when in fact there isn't one.

It is almost like you are seeking to 'damage control' perceptions, but are presenting a face of ignorance with what you claim regarding the events. The story broke on Tuesday 4th December, and because of the press pack camped outside the hospital the story went global. It wasn't a 'trickle' as you claim, it was a full global reporting, along with millions of twitter casts and Facebook entries. When you factor in the radio show's own broadcast (raising questions of illegality, and carrying hidden consequences that were not to appear until Friday the 7th), you can understand that the torrent of reporting you claim to be a trickle was in fact a flood! There is no doubt that by Friday afternoon (BST) the flood became a tsunami of both shock and anger at Jacintha's death.

Neither the two DJs, nor 2Day FM should be scapegoated for Jacintha's suicide, they neither wanted nor sought such a thing. Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the fact that their actions most certainly did play the part of a catalyst...that is to say, the most 'public' part, which is why they have received the most criticism and anger.

I believe there to be other 'catalysing' conditions that led Jacintha to take her own life? Conditions that are not as public as the actions of the 2 DJs. I believe Jacintha was put through the grind mill of disciplinary procedures that compounded her feelings and sense of shame, failure, confusion, ridicule, and loneliness. I believe that she took her own life out of a distorted sense of family honour, for her husband and 2 children and her relations abroad (she was Indian). (see my earlier post for why I think this.)

No one killed Jacintha, she killed herself from an inner compunction, the impetus of which was supplied by the actions of the 2 DJs, and the disciplinary procedures she went through, even though it is claimed she and the other nurse were not reprimanded...they damn well were! Both the prank and the disciplinary provided her with the inner resolve to take her own life.

I am not a royalist, preferring that Britain finally throws off the concept of monarchy, but what I will say, is that neither Kate Middleton, nor the royals had anything to do with Jacintha's suicide. Kate Middleton and the royals were simply the fulcrum around which these events happend. The radio station, along with the hospital and its disciplinary agencies are seeking to damage control what has blown up in their faces out of all proportion.

We all know, or at least, each of us can discern that the prank alone was not enough for Jacintha to take her own life. If it were, she'd have been found dead on Wednesday or Thursday morning (BST). No! Something else, something more, had to compound her feelings, and finally drive her to suicide. That something else was the disciplinary procedures that are claimed were not undertook. Bull#! They ragged her silly!
edit on 10/12/12 by elysiumfire because: Adjustment

Here we go again. What has me being Australian got to do with my opinion on this topic ? And if you'd read all my posts before commenting, you would of seen that i clearly said i AM NOT DEFENDING THE DJ's, but i'm not defending the womans decision to kill herself either. So take your "australian defensive posture" dribble and shove it where it belongs and stop trying to turn this intro some sort of patriotic battle which if you believe is the case then you either can't read properly, or just don't want to? You are the one trying to make something out of nothing with this crap. It has nothing to do with being Australian or English, and why you are now the 2nd person to resort to this childish tactic is beyond me. At NO stage have i turned this into a country vs country debate, yet your baseless accusation just proves that its you trying to go down this road. And if thats the substance of your reply, then the rest of your reply isn't worth reading if thats your attitude and approach. But if you have to invent some sort of country battle, then you never really had a point to begin with !
Where are the direct quotes from me saying that i support the Australian DJ's ? I'll wait.......

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Im australian..I doubt the Indian woman who was the nurse committed suicide . Thats totally bogus so there is really no point discussing it . As for the two DJs I think they are scared because they too proberly realize they are in danger from the same people who killed the nurse .
The lesson to be learnt here is not to ever work in a hospital that the high ranking royals may enter .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Excuse me for not having read the entire thread.

Im Australian and I am supporting the DJ's- they are just kids, it wasnt their decision to broadcast.

It was just a joke, noone could have known the nurse would kill herself.

Who kills themself over a phone call? she was obviously mentally unstable before this happened. that is not a rational response.

I feel sorry for everyone concerned, a terrible situation.

But England, please dont talk to us about the ethics of the media- you have no room to talk.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I still stand by the dj's . They meant no harm. It was a prank. True they should no have done it.

There are more sinister things going on here. Do we really know that there is not some sinister game plan going on here.

Catylist for heavy control of media?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Millions of INNOCENT people have been killed in the "war on terror[oil]", yet no one cares, but as soon a ONE person kills themself based on a prank call, then its a worldwide outrage. Good to see we have our priorities worked out !

Its crazy isnt it, I thought this today- ffs its one person who chose to kill themself and world condemnation- really?
# dem first world problems

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
AussieDingus:

Poor excuse's and pass the tissue's. If her bosses were giving her crap, then she had every opportunity to report her bosses for their treatment. Just like any other employee that has their bosses giving them crap. Its called working in the real world.

My word, you really are a most distasteful fellow! I've already replied to you, but I really cannot allow you to denigrate Jacintha's memory and go unanswered, as that would in your mind be a vindication of your twisted thinking. Your sociopathy shines clear and true in your posts. You no more care about other people and their deaths than you do Jacintha's, yet you use them simply because you believe it bolsters your view. There isn't an ounce of sympathy or empathy in any of your posts, and there certainly isn't an ounce of understanding or discernment regarding this tragic event.

Do you know why I call you a sociopath? Read what I quote you from your own post. No reasonable thinking empathic person would write such hateful and innane twaddle. To you the world is black and white. To you there is no grey area, no mitigating circumstances, not the slightest bit of understanding or care as to why things are the way they are.

To whom would Jacintha (let's not forget that you do not use her name once in any of your posts) make a claim of bullying and harrassment...her bosses? It is they whom (I believe) would be present at her disciplinary, along with the higher echelons whom would be carrying out the disciplinary. It is quite obvious that you are incapable of perceiving the gravity of Jacintha's situation, and the powers that are reigned against her. She absolutely has nowhere to turn for support from the higher-ups, only from her colleagues at her level.

I'm done talking to you. Do not feel vindicated if I or anyone else do not respond to further posts from you, You have no particular relevant point to make worthy of discussion.

No, in your opinion i'm distasteful,and you're entitled to your opinion, but so am i in thinking that people with mentalities like your's defy all forms of logic, and is nothing more then sugar coated fantasy world crap. One persons distasteful is another persons reality. I find it funny how many people can complain about things like bullying and harrasment, but just because i have a different opinion to them on a subject, all i've gotten since were personal attacks based on mis-information or assumption.

The reason i never once mentioned her name is simple to explain, she had no regard for her own value of life by taking that life. She had no regard for the feelings of her family left behind. She had no regard for the workmates that found her body and have to live with that image forever. So i ask you, why should i mention her name when she had no regard for that name or life by taking her own life ? And i also ask, will you still be mentioning her name in 6 months time when the latest viral sensation dies off and you move on to your next noble cause.

So now you can do psych-assessments based on commnts made on a computer with an alias and fake avatar ? Wow, is there anything you can't do or don't know ? You can think whatever you want about me, but if you did know me in real life you'd realize just how far off the mark your thoughts are. And as a right of reply, i could say that you are one of these people that talks it up on a computer to make yourself look all compassionate and caring, but in real life do nothing to contribute to the things you claim to believe in. Now i'm not saying that is what you do, but i am saying it could be what you do. It is YOU that thinks everyhting is black and white, thats why you take such offence to anyone that doesn't agree with your way and you are doing the very thing you accuse me of. I belive that this subject is the perfect example of what a grey area is, so sorry to shoot you down on that one, but i clearly do see the grey side or i wouldn't of just wrote what i wrote.

Any topic such as this that goes viral, is usually because it splits public opinion and creates debate, or because it is a grey area with no clear right or wrong, just opinion. The fact that we are having this debate also clearly proves that it is a grey area and the fact that i can see this further proves that i do know the difference between black/white and grey.

I don't have to tarnish this womans name, she did that to herself by making the decision to end her life. I'm just commenting based on HER actions. If you want to put her up on a pedastal, then go ahead, but i see no reason at all to glorify what she did. She was only a victim of a prank call, everything that happened after was of her own personal choice.

You haven't made a logical point yet, so why would i feel vindicated if you didn't respond to me ? Taking your bat and ball and going home hey ? Fair enough, jog on

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
reply to post by AussieDingus

Stop digging: you're missing the point. She didn't kill herself because of the what might or might not have been on the Morning Show, or in the Australian. She'd have been more concerned with the wall-to-wall coverage in Britain.

Me stop digging ? Where did i say that she killed herself because of what was in the Australian or on the Morming show ? And your point is ? Have you ever read the Australian or seen the size of it ? Have you ever watched the Morning show ? The Australian is very rarely read by the majority of Australians, and the Morning show is one of the biggest hack shows around that only reports on a topic if they feel ratings or a scoop may follow. The wall-to-wall media coverage in England may of been an issue, but even if it was, she still had the choice of NOT committing suicide. A point that so many of you on here keep missing, and you've got the hide to tell me to stop digging ?

I'm sure there may of been MANY factors that led her to committ suicide, but the fact is, at the end of the day, she chose her path. People can turn a blind eye to this all they want, but it won't change things.

I've been called many names in this thread, yet i challenge ANY of those name callers to answer the following questions with complete honesty. Have YOU lost your best friend to suicide ? Have YOU seen the affect it has on his remaining loved ones ? Have you sat and cried with the remaining family over their loss ? Have you seen that there were many other options before suicide ? Well i have and can honestly say yes to all questions. If you can't honestly answer yes to all those questions but want to call me names, then i ask YOU one more question...........WHO THE #@%* DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO JUDGE ME ?

My best friend killed himself because he went home drunk, had an argument with his partner and in the heat of the argument he said he'd rather kill himself then be with her anymore. She replied that he didn't have the balls to do it. He then went out and killed himself to prove her wrong. BUT, even though he was my best mate, what he did was WRONG, and just because he was my best mate doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong. I never had and have never since had any sympathy for him what so ever due to HIS decision, but i do have total sympathy for his family and other friends that he left behind to pick up the pieces. Hopefully now people can see where i'm coming from before rushing to call me another name. I have NO sympathy for the woman that killed herself, but i have total sympathy for her family that are the REAL victims here. Our "compassion" should go to the family of the woman, not the woman herself, as it was her decision that lead to her families current predicament.

If you want to show sympathy to her, then go ahead and good luck, thats your opinion, just don't be so quick to jump down others throats just because they see it differently to you. Go back and re-read the above paragraph about my best mate and then come back and tell me i'm "shallow" or unqulaified to comment on this subject.

Considering this topic has gone viral, would it not be a perfect opportunity to use this example to others to show that suicide is NEVER the answer. To show the effect it has on family members and loved ones, or the people that discover the body. But rather then that hapening, it as usual turns into a tit-for-tat argument about who's opinion is right or wrong. If using the example of one person may save the lives of hundreds or even thousands of potential suicider's, then isn't that a good thing. This woman is gone, there is no coming back, thats the reality of suicide, so this case should now be used as THE case for why suicide is NEVER the answer, and why sympathy should never be given to those that CHOOSE this path !

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
Im australian..I doubt the Indian woman who was the nurse committed suicide . Thats totally bogus so there is really no point discussing it . As for the two DJs I think they are scared because they too proberly realize they are in danger from the same people who killed the nurse .
The lesson to be learnt here is not to ever work in a hospital that the high ranking royals may enter .

Didn't you get the memo ? Australians aren't entitled to an opinion in here. Well we are, as long as it agrees with certain peoples opinions !

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
There is something that stands out in all this that I'd like to point out and get others opinions and input on....

Scotland Yard said officers were called at 09:35 GMT on Friday after reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in Weymouth Street, central London. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is the same line reported everywhere I can find, but what gets me are two issues.

Firstly, it should have been the regular Police who turned up, in this case The Metropolitan Police, London, as per the norm.

A victim is found, the police are called (999) and the Police show up. Why were Scotland Yard the ones to show up as you don't ring up the police and get them, don't Scotland Yard get involved later on when it's a serious investigation?

Also the call seems to be anonymous? So we have Scotland Yard on the scene from an anonymous phone call who are the first to see the body?

The news doesn't seem to be covering the circumstances of this poor lady's death, there has been no news reporter at the scene explaining how it happened, police say it is "unexplained" but they aren't treating it as "suspicious" which in itself is strange.

All the attention is on the aussie DJ's and crucufying them even though it really was just a light hearted prank, and the TV news is spinning it as if it's the nurse that gave the details out that is the one who allegedly 'took her life', this is a woman who was planning and looking forward to Christmas with her husband and two children?

It all seems very strange?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

I am not going to quote any of your posts because it would take up too much room.

But even when it is pointed to you you are wrong about the media coverage prior to her death you change your stance and say it was nowhere near the same as after her suicide....yep we all know that, even I admitted that. But the fact remains it WAS big news prior to her death, both here in the UK and other places around the world. Infact places like America and Australia sent their own news teams to the UK to cover the story PRIOR to her death.
You stated that no one would have known about this thing if she didn't commit suicide.....you were grossly wrong. It was on our own news stations all day....I saw the news story all day so I know this for fact. I purely checked youtube to see if there was recorded evidence of the news segments about it both in the UK and the US and Australia prior to her death if others wanted to see evidence of that......and there is.

As for taking the moral high ground concerning those who have ever felt led to take their own life and passing judgement on them....shame on you!
Are you arrogant enough to believe you are the only person on this thread who has experience of someone close to them committing suicide? Because that's how your challenges come across.....
I can say one thing.....don't presume to know all about anyone's full circumstances and frame of mind....even if it is a best friend...that again is arrogant.
I would say that most people who do go to those extreme aren't always thinking rationally.....when someone is in that frame of mind judging them by rational way's of thinking is pointless! But to state these events can be used to show people they should think about their family and friends and be more considerate about the person who will find their body etc SHOWS your lack of understanding. Most people who come to that place, feel there is absolutely no other option for them, even if that seems irrational to others.This is why i say you can't judge irrational thinkers by rational standards....it's just not possible!
What as bothered me most about what you have said is stating that only weak people end their own lives....I could argue with that, but there is no point because you seem to feel you have the authority on the psychology behind the act. But either way, this world is made up of different people...some stronger than others and some weaker than others.Are you seriously suggesting the weak ones should be held in contempt and are less worthy of our compassion?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

The news article was quoting Scotland Yard....."Scotland Yard SAID officers were called at 09 35 GMT........."

That's not the same as saying that Scotland Yard officers attended the scene first

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan Police are one and the same - (New) Scotland Yard is merely the name of the building housing the headquarters of the Met, Scotland Yard is not a specialist branch of the Met as many people think - they're just ordinary coppers.

I guess this nasty piece of bullying by the DJ's is what passes for 'comedy' in the colonies these days.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Clayfeet

I never even knew that myself....I just knew that all major police statements and announcements came from there.....now i know It's because it's their headquarters.....learn something new every day!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I honestly do not see how they DJ's can be blamed for a nurse committing suicide.

That said though, i also honestly do not see how the radio station's legal people ever thought it was a good idea to try and prank call their way into getting confidential patient information. That is a crime. The actual target is irrelevent - for example, none of us would be happy if someone had tried that on our gran's would we?

And in the same vein, how can the owners of said radio station now try to blame the hospital? Broadcasting rules state they have to inform them they have been "pranked" before airing it. Saying you tried to call 5 times is basically admitting that you never notified and asked for permission. Or, to put it another way, it is yet another example of the media world ignoring the law and doing what they think is best.

In conclusion, i do not blame the presenters for the nurse but i have very little sympathy for either their or the owners' plight. If you don't like it, stick to abiding by the law - a simple lesson for them to learn, at a tragic cost to one family.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Is this a joke or are you simply delusional? Or 5 years old and playing on the internet without mummy watching? By god we get some weird posts these days on ATS............

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

These days? What do you mean 'these days'?
This has been going on since the site was first established

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Flavian

These days? What do you mean 'these days'?
This has been going on since the site was first established

Can't argue with that.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Pranks are always funny when it's at someone else's expense....but when you are the target, or it happens to your family, it's a different story...this is a form of bullying .....as the nurses humiliation and public embarassment was used for someone else's fame ......but if someone used my loved one as a tool to create higher ratings and fame, and my loved one had an emotional melt down and killed themselves...I'd be PISSED! ...and I'm sure if the tables were turned and this happened to you, it's a whole new ball game ! ...we can all sit here and say who we think is guilty for this women's demise , but how would you feel if YOUR mother was publicly and worldly made a fool of, and then killed herself? ....hmmmmm? ....Would you still shrug your shoulders and say..oh well..it was just a harmless prank! ..let's bury her and be done with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what amazes me even more is that, people actually believe the DJ's are responsible for her death.

there is so much more to this story, the media are just clinging onto a large coincidence without first researching her life more or looking into all the facts. the two are not related.

How anyone can say the DJs caused her to commit suicide are mad, There is no evidence at all

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SkuzzleButt

Her family seem to think it was the loss of face that caused her to commit suicide, so it is a cultural thing. Go on, argue with that - you racist!

CLEARLY KIDDING, DO NOT THINK YOU ARE A RACIST.

I honestly think the legal eagles for the station need to hang their heads in shame. On this showing, i certainly wouldn't be hiring that legal firm for anything..........

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join