It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ugh!

double ugh!
edit on 9-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Originally posted by Xaphan
So she got trolled by two radio DJs and cashed in her chips? I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

This is how much sympathy I have:

edit on 7-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

You have the sympathy of a 3 year old.

Start to shave and become a man with a heart.

And killing yourself because you fell for a radio prank call isn't acting like a 3 year old ???

Sympathy is earnt, not just given !

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
This is very sad... It reminds me of high school kids bullying other kids on Facebook or in school...and then they committ suicide. Public humility, let alone WORLD humility used to be a form of punishment let alone embarrassing! ...maybe Kate was her idol and she felt she betrayed her...wo knows..but the family of the nurse should press charges against the stupid insensitive dj's.

"Maybe Kate was her idol"........... Seriously ???
If a grown woman wants to idolise a woman married into wealth,power and privilage, then that is a weak minded adult who was always one step, or excuse away from committing suicide. They were just waiting for a moment to trigger it.

"But the family of the nurse should press charges against the stupid insensitive DJ's".......again, seriously ???
Did the DJ's do anything to the family, and was it not the nurses decision to end her life that brought the pain and suffering to her family ? If she chose another option, then would her family be in the position they are now in ?

Millions of INNOCENT people have been killed in the "war on terror[oil]", yet no one cares, but as soon a ONE person kills themself based on a prank call, then its a worldwide outrage. Good to see we have our priorities worked out !

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I guess something is wrong with me then, because I didn't think the prank was funny when I first heard about it.

People may think the nurse in question was foolish, but maybe her mind was occupied by things like saving lives when she was asked to fill in on the reception desk, rather than Being on the lookout for idiots on the phone.

People who are employed to deal with the public in security sensitive situations are trained in things like DPA, but are nurses? I honestly don't know that they are.
edit on 8-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

This incident recieved no media coverage until she killed herself. Had SHE of not made that decision, then would we be hearing about this incident ?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
It is kind of like those reality shows that make people look like idiots. A producer has to sign off on the footage and edits that manipulate the situation. The BIG difference here is this lady did not give her consent to be used. And that is the biggest difference between video and audio broadcasts.

You have a point there. I know in most Western countries it's illegal to record somebody on the other end of a phone call if they aren't aware they are being recorded. I would assume that it's also illegal to broadcast the call without their consent too. There could potentially be two charges there.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus

This incident recieved no media coverage until she killed herself. Had SHE of not made that decision, then would we be hearing about this incident ?

That is quite simply 100% not accurate.....This incident was covered on news stations across the world PRIOR to the nurses death!
There are plenty of video's on youtube showing how the world reported this prank prior to the nurses suicide....you have to dig a little more at the moment because obviously the internet is flooded with events after her suicide at this time.I wont post the video's out of respect for the nurse and her family, as most show a snippet of the prank in which her voice can be heard...but they are there. Australia covered this news story as well prior to the death.....the Australian, The Morning Show also had a segment on it prior to her death and in their words the prank was "front paging" across the world....this was correct.
I'm not sure what bubble you was in but it made world news.....PRIOR to her death!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Do you mean that there was no media coverage of her death before she killed herself? Well, that stands to reason.

That's what you mean, don't you? I mean, you couldn't possibly be referring to the media # storm about the telephone call itself, which, in Britain, appeared on newspaper front pages, TV news, TV rolling news, radio news every 15 minutes as well as YouTube and the internet generally &c. I'm saying that because you couldn't possibly saying the above didn't happen, right?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Doubt Kate even had morning sickness. By getting pregnant she had fulfilled her whole 'raison d'etre', particularly as they just, helpfully, changed the law on succession so it doesn't matter what gender of parasite she squeezes out. She probably just had a massive panic attack on realising she would be surplus to purpose within months. Can imagine Phil the Greek trawling Ebay looking for second-hand white Fiat Uno's and flashguns while suggesting she takes a break in Paris sometime after May next year - "I hear the Ritz is rather good, they'll even supply a chauffeur and limo".

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So she got trolled by two radio DJs and cashed in her chips? I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

And killing yourself because you fell for a radio prank call isn't acting like a 3 year old ???

Without knowing the womans mental state before, how much crap her bosses gave her over this, and having your name smeared over all the papers in the world. GThen comments like the above are so utterly disgusting. This goes a little beyond "just a prank". But I'm used to the callous BS I've seen in this thread, usually written by people who have NOT A SINGLE CLUE what they are talking about. Which is how they jump to such heartless responses. They (you) obviously do not understand depression, and obviously are lucky enough to never have had suicidal thoughts.

Bravo to you, have a cookie.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Again with the absolute cluelessness. (you are good at this, aren't you)It was certainly in all of the papers in the UK before she killed herself. but you just ignore simple facts like this so you can justify your oh so clever resposes.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
doublepost...
edit on 9/12/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

That is quite simply 100% not accurate.....This incident was covered on news stations across the world PRIOR to the nurses death!
There are plenty of video's on youtube showing how the world reported this prank prior to the nurses suicide....you have to dig a little more at the moment because obviously the internet is flooded with events after her suicide at this time.I wont post the video's out of respect for the nurse and her family, as most show a snippet of the prank in which her voice can be heard...but they are there. Australia covered this news story as well prior to the death.....the Australian, The Morning Show also had a segment on it prior to her death and in their words the prank was "front paging" across the world....this was correct.
I'm not sure what bubble you was in but it made world news.....PRIOR to her death!

The point i'm amking is that the majority knew nothing of this event until after the suicide. Yes there may of been a small trickle of information, but it was nowhere near the coverage it recieved after the suicide. You claim that i'm living in a bubble because i didn't see it in the Australian, and i don't watch that rubbish called the morning show because i'm already up and at work by time, but i guess thats the bubble i live in. But i do listen to the radio at work and i can tell you with 100% accuracy, there was NO mention of this event untill she committed suicide and then the story went viral.
So because it had a video on Youtube, one Australian newspaper, and one hack of a morning show, all of a sudden thats world wide news is it ? I will acknowledge that yes there was a minute trickle of information about this event, but no one, including you can try and tell me that the media coverage before the suicide was any where near what it was after the suicide.
Did you know that it was in the Australian, or on the Morning show before she committed suicide, or did you google the event to see if it was listed anywhere as printed before the suicide, then provide those outlets as a source that revealed the information before she committed suicide. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, and if you had to google or research to see where it was printed before the suicide, then that further proves that it was not common knowledge before her suicide. Its the avalanche of media coverage that has come AFTER the suicide that i'm referring to. Your argument seems to be that it one or two media outlets release the story, then its common knolwedge because it has been printed.
No one i know or talk with even came close to mentioning this story before she committed suicide, yet its all the talk since her suicide.just like the media coverage but i suppose all those people just live in a bubble too ?
When i said there was no media coverage, i meant that compared to the media coverage after the suicide. Sure a few media outlets may of released the story, but the story got no momentum until she killed herself. And if you want to convince yourself otherwise, then it is you that is living in a bubble !
Committing suicide based on a prank call is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard of. What about the pain and suffering she has put her own family through by committing suicide ? Do you know anyone close that has committed suicide and seen the dramatic effect it has on their family ? Suicide is never the answer to a strong willed mind, but its always an option to a weak minded person. And anyone that kills themself based on a prank call obviously falls into the weak minded category !
I'm not defending the DJ's, but they did not kill her, she made that decision herself. And now her family is left behind to pick up the pieces after she has gone. And until she committed suicide it was just a prank call story with very little to no media coverage, but as soon as she committed suicide it became a viral sensation. And the reporting on the story before the suicide was about how the prank call got inforamtion about the Royal's, basically catching them and the hospital with their pants down. But as soon as she committed suicide the story was all about her suicide from the prank call. They were reproting on 2 different things before and after the suicide, these 2 things cannot be compared, and the Australian and Morning show would of been reporting on the prank call, not the suicide, but as soon as the suicide happened, it was a complete change in direction of reporting after the suicide from the worlds media.
What logical thinking person would commit suicide for falling for a prank call ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The world has become too cocking serious!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Do you mean that there was no media coverage of her death before she killed herself? Well, that stands to reason.

That's what you mean, don't you? I mean, you couldn't possibly be referring to the media # storm about the telephone call itself, which, in Britain, appeared on newspaper front pages, TV news, TV rolling news, radio news every 15 minutes as well as YouTube and the internet generally &c. I'm saying that because you couldn't possibly saying the above didn't happen, right?

No, you have completely missed my point. I'm talking about the two reactions to the same story. There was very little fanfare or coverage before the suicide, and if there was any reporting done on it, it was more of a light-hearted "reporting" based on the prank call, but as soon as that woman made her decision to kill herself it all went viral. And if anyone thinks the majority of people were talking about this incident before the suicide, compared to what we have seen since the suicide, then you are sadly mistaken. If you think the media coverage was even remotely close to what we have seen since the suicide, then you are again sadly mistaken. So basically, this all comes down to one womans PERSONAL DECISION to kill herself based on a prank call. I'[ve even heard clowns on here say that the DJ's should be charged for what they did to the woman's family..........WTF ? The woman did this to her family by making HER DECISION. What sort of family member would leave their loved ones to pick up the pieces and live the rest of their lives in sorrow and regret ? When you can answer these questions to yourself, you'll probably then understand where i am coming from and don't have to ask !

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
AussieDingus:

...that the majority knew nothing of this event until after the suicide. Yes there may of ('have' not 'of') been a small trickle of information, but it was nowhere near the coverage it recieved after the suicide.

It would seem to me you are adopting a somewhat defensive posture for all Australians against the global bad press the 2 DJs and the radio station seem to have brought upon themselves, and by relation, Australians in general. If this is so, then it is an ill-conceived posture from which you are writing. No one condemns a whole nation because of the childish antics of a few of it's citizens, but from what you write, it is obvious you are perceiving a 'taint' against your nationality, when in fact there isn't one.

It is almost like you are seeking to 'damage control' perceptions, but are presenting a face of ignorance with what you claim regarding the events. The story broke on Tuesday 4th December, and because of the press pack camped outside the hospital the story went global. It wasn't a 'trickle' as you claim, it was a full global reporting, along with millions of twitter casts and Facebook entries. When you factor in the radio show's own broadcast (raising questions of illegality, and carrying hidden consequences that were not to appear until Friday the 7th), you can understand that the torrent of reporting you claim to be a trickle was in fact a flood! There is no doubt that by Friday afternoon (BST) the flood became a tsunami of both shock and anger at Jacintha's death.

Neither the two DJs, nor 2Day FM should be scapegoated for Jacintha's suicide, they neither wanted nor sought such a thing. Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the fact that their actions most certainly did play the part of a catalyst...that is to say, the most 'public' part, which is why they have received the most criticism and anger.

I believe there to be other 'catalysing' conditions that led Jacintha to take her own life? Conditions that are not as public as the actions of the 2 DJs. I believe Jacintha was put through the grind mill of disciplinary procedures that compounded her feelings and sense of shame, failure, confusion, ridicule, and loneliness. I believe that she took her own life out of a distorted sense of family honour, for her husband and 2 children and her relations abroad (she was Indian). (see my earlier post for why I think this.)

No one killed Jacintha, she killed herself from an inner compunction, the impetus of which was supplied by the actions of the 2 DJs, and the disciplinary procedures she went through, even though it is claimed she and the other nurse were not reprimanded...they damn well were! Both the prank and the disciplinary provided her with the inner resolve to take her own life.

I am not a royalist, preferring that Britain finally throws off the concept of monarchy, but what I will say, is that neither Kate Middleton, nor the royals had anything to do with Jacintha's suicide. Kate Middleton and the royals were simply the fulcrum around which these events happend. The radio station, along with the hospital and its disciplinary agencies are seeking to damage control what has blown up in their faces out of all proportion.

We all know, or at least, each of us can discern that the prank alone was not enough for Jacintha to take her own life. If it were, she'd have been found dead on Wednesday or Thursday morning (BST). No! Something else, something more, had to compound her feelings, and finally drive her to suicide. That something else was the disciplinary procedures that are claimed were not undertook. Bull#! They ragged her silly!
edit on 10/12/12 by elysiumfire because: Adjustment

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Without knowing the womans mental state before, how much crap her bosses gave her over this, and having your name smeared over all the papers in the world. GThen comments like the above are so utterly disgusting. This goes a little beyond "just a prank". But I'm used to the callous BS I've seen in this thread, usually written by people who have NOT A SINGLE CLUE what they are talking about. Which is how they jump to such heartless responses. They (you) obviously do not understand depression, and obviously are lucky enough to never have had suicidal thoughts.

Bravo to you, have a cookie.

Poor excuse's and pass the tissue's. If her bosses were giving her crap, then she had every opportunity to report her bosses for their treatment. Just like any other employee that has their bosses giving them crap. Its called working in the real world.
In your opinion my comment was disgusting, and you can call it "callous BS", but what you call callous BS, is what other people call telling it how it is, and a lot of people [YOU] don't like hearing how it is because it disrupts your little vesion of Utopia.
Please enlighten me as to how i do not have a single clue ? Its people like you with your over sypmathetic dribble that are the ones without a clue.
If YOU want to make this personal, then i'll play your game. And sorry to burst your little bubble, but i have had suicidal thoughts in the past, but do you know why i never ever went through with the thoughts.........because i could NEVER put my family through the torture of having to bury their child, something that this woman, and its supports like YOU seem to overlook in your desperate attempts to show the world your soft side, and i emphasize the word soft. I have also suffered depression, and who are you to say that i "obviously don't understand it" ? A strong minded person will always find a way to beat the depression and get on with life, but a weak minded person will look for a get out clause......suicide !
I've also had my best friend commit suicide, so get off your high horse and come back to reality. Yet even though he was my best friend i don't defend him for HIS decision to end his life, the reason he committed suicide was not a logical reason at all, and it still angers me to this day that he did it. He also did it in a way that his sister found his dead body and suffered deep trauma for several years after his death, and i also saw first hand what suicide does to a family. I've also had another friend who committed suicide and i also saw the effect it had on his family. But you obviously seem to think you have all the right answers about everyone and everything, but you couldn't be more wrong about me with your accusations if you tried to be. So next time you want to accuse someone of something, then get your facts right or SHUT UP, and if you made those accusations to me face to face rather then on a computer, you would
Every single day, thousands of innocent people have their lives TAKEN from them in War, but when ONE woman takes her OWN life, then it becomes a viral sensation and all the focus is on that ONE woman. Wheres the outrage or viral sensations about thousands [if not millions] of innocent people who had their life taken from them with no say in the matter ? That woman made a decision to end her life, while others have no such say in the matter, yet the sympathy goes to this woman. Just further proof that the worlds priorities are all screwed up !
Anyone that would put their family through suicide never really cared for anyone but themself. And if people want to defend selfish actions from selfish people, then go right ahead, but if you think you have a logical argument, then its only yourself you're kidding.
And what about the workmates that found her body and now have to live with that image and memory FOREVER ? Is it fair on them, is it fair on the family that has to bury their child ? Yet the workmates and family now have to live with that forever because of HER decision to end her life. Not because of a prank call,not because of the public outrage, but because of HER decison. Do you get it now, or do you want to keep missing the point so you can launch another personal attack on someone ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Stop digging: you're missing the point. She didn't kill herself because of the what might or might not have been on the Morning Show, or in the Australian. She'd have been more concerned with the wall-to-wall coverage in Britain.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

No, you have completely missed my point. I'm talking about the two reactions to the same story. There was very little fanfare or coverage before the suicide, and if there was any reporting done on it, it was more of a light-hearted "reporting" based on the prank call, but as soon as that woman made her decision to kill herself it all went viral. And if anyone thinks the majority of people were talking about this incident before the suicide, compared to what we have seen since the suicide, then you are sadly mistaken. If you think the media coverage was even remotely close to what we have seen since the suicide, then you are again sadly mistaken. So basically, this all comes down to one womans PERSONAL DECISION to kill herself based on a prank call. I'[ve even heard clowns on here say that the DJ's should be charged for what they did to the woman's family..........WTF ? The woman did this to her family by making HER DECISION. What sort of family member would leave their loved ones to pick up the pieces and live the rest of their lives in sorrow and regret ? When you can answer these questions to yourself, you'll probably then understand where i am coming from and don't have to ask !

While IA with everything you said in this post, I have to disagree on one point, and that is that NO ONE had heard about this before she killed herself, I am in Louisiana and I can tell you I've heard more than enough about the princess being in the hospital because she couldn't hold down her tea and crumpets since the day it happened!! Heck she isn't even our princess!!! I hate that I know this much about it, but it has been in our news here ...... sadly, even before this woman committed suicide, and I don't think the radio DJ's need to be put to justice here, it was her decision to end her life and my guess is she had far worse problems than the radio DJ's!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Again with the absolute cluelessness. (you are good at this, aren't you)It was certainly in all of the papers in the UK before she killed herself. but you just ignore simple facts like this so you can justify your oh so clever resposes.

What people like you keep forgetting in your rush to reply is, that what was being reported in the media before the suicide was of a different nature to what the tone of reporting was after the suicide, therefore the two cannot be compared. The very, very small amounts of media that were in "all the papers" was about how they got access to a Royal birth by posing as someone else to get the information and about the prank call, but as soon as she killed herself the tone completely changed and the focus of the story completely changed, all because she chose to end her life. There was little to no mention made of action being taken against the DJ's, but as soon as she made her decison, all the 'experts' start calling for and demanding action. When i said there was no media coverage, and as i have since explained several times, it was not even close to being compared to the media coverage AFTER the suicide. Maybe NO media coverage was the incorect term to use, but it still doesn't change the fact that any media coverage before the suicide even came close to being what it was after the suicide. It may of recieved SOME coverage, but anyone who thinks that the media coverage was anywhere close to what it was after the suicide is living in a dream world. Since the suicide, the story has gone viral, yet it was nowhere even close to going viral before the suicide. So, this viral sensation that we are experiencing only came about due to her decision to end her life. You can deny it all you want, but you know what they say about those in denial ?
But hopefully this viral sensation, like all other viral sensations, quickly disappears from the memories so the do-gooders can move onto the next big viral sensation and give everyone there thoughts there. Does anyone still talk about Kony 2012 ? Does anyone still listen to or like Gangnam style anymore ? They were viral sensations to, and just like those, this suicide story will be forgotten in 2 months, especially by those that defended the most, oh the irony and a classic example of cluenessness. But the people that won't forget this story in 2 months time are the family members of the dead woman. They have to live with this forever all because of her decision. Stop defending her decision and just accept the fact it was her decision that caused this to go viral and for her family to live in pain. If you want to defend this person, then you are the clueless one [you are good at that, aren't you].

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
AussieDingus:

Poor excuse's and pass the tissue's. If her bosses were giving her crap, then she had every opportunity to report her bosses for their treatment. Just like any other employee that has their bosses giving them crap. Its called working in the real world.

My word, you really are a most distasteful fellow! I've already replied to you, but I really cannot allow you to denigrate Jacintha's memory and go unanswered, as that would in your mind be a vindication of your twisted thinking. Your sociopathy shines clear and true in your posts. You no more care about other people and their deaths than you do Jacintha's, yet you use them simply because you believe it bolsters your view. There isn't an ounce of sympathy or empathy in any of your posts, and there certainly isn't an ounce of understanding or discernment regarding this tragic event.

Do you know why I call you a sociopath? Read what I quote you from your own post. No reasonable thinking empathic person would write such hateful and innane twaddle. To you the world is black and white. To you there is no grey area, no mitigating circumstances, not the slightest bit of understanding or care as to why things are the way they are.

To whom would Jacintha (let's not forget that you do not use her name once in any of your posts) make a claim of bullying and harrassment...her bosses? It is they whom (I believe) would be present at her disciplinary, along with the higher echelons whom would be carrying out the disciplinary. It is quite obvious that you are incapable of perceiving the gravity of Jacintha's situation, and the powers that are reigned against her. She absolutely has nowhere to turn for support from the higher-ups, only from her colleagues at her level.

I'm done talking to you. Do not feel vindicated if I or anyone else do not respond to further posts from you, You have no particular relevant point to make worthy of discussion.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join