Kate/William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The British media are to blame for whipping this into a frenzy - not the Australian DJ's!

But oh no all fingers will be pointed at the Australians while the British media protests indignantly and feigns innocence in this matter.

What? did the British media do the prank? I must have missed it.
The prank was reported all over the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The ridicule this nurse received on her end must have been over whelming. It was a simple mistake and probably anyone else in her position would have believed it. I have to lay the blame on the hospital for ridiculing her and getting her to the point where she couldn't take it anymore. If this was done to someone else who wasn't in the royal family, I'm sure the ridicule of the nurse wouldn't have been as great.

The DJ's did what most prank radio hosts do. Remember the Sarah Palin prank where 2 Canadian Quebec DJ's pretended to be French President Sarkozy?

Too much blame is being placed upon the DJ's. The blame should be placed on the hospital administration and staff that ridiculed and pressured her to the point where she ended up taking her own life.

The DJ's are the scape goat.
edit on 8-12-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i doubt it was a suicide i believe this poor woman was whacked whether by order of queen or special servicesb or some stupid fan of the royals if i was these djs i would be very very nervous. remember what happened when someone took nude pictures of the queens daughter.

Go on, the pathetic childishness of some posters here is really cringeworthy - what photos of the Queens daughter are you referring to? She only has one, Anne, the Princess Royal. You aren't even intelligent enough to work out you are referring to the topless (not nude) pictures of her grand daughter in law are you? And what happened after those were taken apart from a justifiable law suit?

You know that thing that happens when a pin meets a baloon? Stop acting like one.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The blame should be placed on the hospital administration and staff that ridiculed and pressured her

They did no such thing. She was neither disciplined nor susupended, but instead supported by the hospital.

She made a mistake and they knew that.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

They did no such thing. She was neither disciplined nor susupended, but instead supported by the hospital.
reply to post by Kram09

The pressure had to come from somewhere. If it wasn't the hospital than maybe it was the media? Someone behind the scenes either reprimanded her or ridiculed her to the point of her feeling humiliated and embarrassed to the point where she took her life.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think the important thing to remember is that this prank didnt involve infidelity explosives etc etc , and obviously this was the straw that broke the camels back . they never abused this woman but i imagine some boss of hers did & she actually didnt reveal much info so.....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It would greatly surprise me if the hospital did not have a policy in place for repling to calls of a sensitive nature, especially as the royals have been in there at various times before.

**The thing to do is to not give out any info at all. Inform the caller that you are not free to comment on anything regarding a client, but that you will pass on the message and get that person to call back. And to protect thine ahsse make a written note somewhere that the message was passed on. **

A call to a hospital at 5:15 in the morning just as the night staff is at its biological low point, or at an time for unnecessary stuff is like calling a fire department just to chat. Someone else may be requiring real attention.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Obviously, we have posters not bothering to read the whole thread, we have posters loony-tuned with theories that the nurse was killed in some form of retaliatory slaughter. You can see the sociopathy in their posts, the unconscionable desire to inflict even more pain and humiliation upon her corpse, and her memory. You can see their deliberate ignorance of how the tragedy arose, where the consequences from a lack of professional judgement has aided in the ruining of lives. To them it is of little concern. Isn't our species wonderful?

Here we all are, picking (in hindsight) through the last few days of Jacintha's life like vultures pecking and ripping at her carcass. Posters blaming the nurse for an act of error - a sociopathic trend if I ever saw one, others continuing to enjoy the mirth of the prank, even after her death, with a sense of gloating - mindsets more shallow than the actions of the 2 DJs. Isn't our species noble?

They know whom they are, regardless of the protestations of innocence. Should they be pitied? Forgiven? Even though they know full well what they do? At one time I might have said 'yes', but now I no longer follow that need to be perceived as a general all upstanding citizen. I no longer try to imbue a societal conscience into those beyond the human pale, just those in whom I recognise a spark of empathy. How does one relate to what is antithetical to humanity? Isn't our species perfect?

Our societies are held together by the adhesion of conscience, and the glue of empathy. Two very thin layers that are meant to connect us all, regardless of our differences, our ethnicities, our varied cultures. History knows our struggle from the dirt to the edge of the universe where our technology threatens to leave our local position amongst the stars. Yet, for all our travials and struggles, we still cannot ascend our own mindsets, either those handed to us, or those we make ourselves. Isn't our species ideal?

We are polarised by a sense of righteousness, disconnectedly pious out of context by unreality beliefs. Small wonder then that the adhesion and the glue come unstuck. No surprise is warranted when society begins to crumble, not at its stones, but in the flesh of its builders. We party along to the music of our own demise. We revel in schadenfreude, and sting with barbs from our own propertied blame. Isn't our species loving?

If all the above is beyond your ken, then perhaps you are the subject on which I write? It's a mirror, and if you understand then, like me, you see a reflection...it's what we each present to the world. Isn't our species flawed?

RIP Jacintha Saldhana - 1966 - 2012. Ridiculed to suicide.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If the radio hosts commit suicide as a consequence of media outrage, will the public give them the same sympthay as the receptionist ?

Note that i do feel for the receptionist, family and friends. However, prank calls are acted out on radio shows frequently. Therefore lets not get carried away and believe this is an isolated incident. personally, I don't believe the receptionist commited suicide due to the hoax. Alternatively, she commited suicide due to the main stream media's frequent coverage and possible hounding.

edit on 8-12-2012 by quakk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by coffeesniffer

Because people make mistakes all the time, nothing runs perfectly.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Such radio pranks have been going on for years & years. The announcers were just doing what the audience wants. Therefore its also the radio listeners who are also to blame, if blame is what your looking for. Boy, are there a lot of hypocrites out there! By the way, the announcers are absolutely devastated at what has happened & are getting intense counselling. I think peoples savage, kneejerk, one-sided reactions to this is more disturbing than their innocent blunder. So many seem so pleased to have found someone to selfrighteously attack. I have seen a photo of the lady who apparently killed herself & quite honestly, I think that she does not look right....disturbed. Personaly, my "This Aint Right" alarm bells tell me there is more to this; much more. Like the shallow, merry fools society as a whole is, TPTB are up to something & attempting to take us on another ride down the path of misinformation. BBC people...hello!!! Maybe the nurse learnt something she shouldnt, I dont know.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEd
reply to post by Gazmeister

Actually, I have no sympathy for any mother killing herself.

If she killed herself. What reason do you suggest?
edit on 7-12-2012 by RandomEd because: (no reason given)

I'm not "suggesting" any reason.
I just know people can kill themselves for no apparent reason.

When I say no apparent reason, what I mean is they seem normal and happy to everyone else, but there is definitely something going on in their head.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You know I was driving yesterday when this news came over the radio,,what got me was the police saying no suspicious circumstances !!

I know they were referring to no signs of foul play but everything else about this story is wrong,pointless,stupid and if you ask me pretty damn suspicious !!
Does the nurse,a mother of two remember,committing suicide over what was a pretty lame but hardly deadly prank seem in anyway an over reaction of biblical proportions ~ providing she did commit suicide and she didn't have deep personal problems already.

What struck me was the head of the trust that runs the hospital stating that beside the usual platitudes over what a wonderful person,great loss etc,etc they had been offering her full support in this extremely difficult time !!

Ok,it's a prank call remember,where is the extreme difficulty coming from.I tell you where it's not coming from yet a substantial amount of blame is been heaped and that's Australia,it was a pretty lame prank though highly successful but you cannot lay the blame for this death at the feet of the dj's!!

Why not ??

One,if it is suicide then they didn't kick over the chair of shove pills down her throat.

Two.A mistake,even a public one like this is not grounds in any rational mind to take your like and deprive your children of their mother over so if that's what happened there have to be other contributory factors involved.

Will we ever find out what actually happened ??

Not fully but a far better explanation is needed than what we've heard because it just does NOT add up as it stands !!

I can't help but wonder if someone from the Royal side has come down like a thousand tons of bricks on the hospital trust over what happened,have they in turn come down with the same fury on this poor woman.Maybe threatened her on the grounds of a beach of 'Royal' confidentiality or some such.Perhaps they scared the poor woman out of her wits and she believed the Royal family were personally gunning for her !!

Who knows but what I do know that these contributing factors whether her own or as a result of the fall out from this business have come from here,this country,the UK.

To point the blame so enthusiastically at the Australian dj's is to simply divert the blame where it really lies,,much,much closer to home !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister

I just know people can kill themselves for no apparent reason.

When I say no apparent reason, what I mean is they seem normal and happy to everyone else, but there is definitely something going on in their head.

This is true, only a few months ago a neighbour of mine did exactly that, yet 3 days before hand she seemed happy and smiling brightly as ever. It was a fair shock.

Anyway, to the OP.
Personally I hate prank calls. I don't think it is funny to humiliate/aggravate someone, and all in the name of 'entertainment' and it doesn't make it 'OK' just because it has been going on for years.

In this particular instance, I think there is way more to this than just a prank call. The nurse only transferred the call. Yes perhaps she was the 'first line of defense in the 'security protocol' but it was hardly a scandal worthy of suicide. Even the giving out of information was not exactly devastating to the patient, it was basic info and not a big deal.

What do I think? Well, yes the DJ's are partly responsible because they initiated the whole thing and without it there would have been no knock on effect. But I also think the staff/bosses of the hospital also had a big hand in this, even though the main stream media are absolutely saying she was not disciplined or anything like that. What else would the official statement from the hospital be? I am quite sure they would not be broadcasting that her work colleagues chided her or shunned her or made her life a misery for bringing the hospital reputation into question. She is, after all, no longer able to say otherwise to the hospital official statements.

I don't think it was a big 'don't mess with the Royals' execution. I do, however, think it strange that a mother would kill herself knowing of the pain her family and in particular her children would face, especially so close to Christmas. Knowing that every Christmas would become a sad and not happy time for them for ever more and I am sure she would have seen a lot of pain from family members when their loved ones died in hospital.
I am a mum of 3 with an ex that has drunkenly harassed me on the phone at stupid o'clock and been really nasty on and off. I have thought about it in the wee small hours when life is at it's darkest, but the one thing that stops me is knowing the pain I would cause my kids. It does not make sense that a mum would do this simply because of transferring a prank call she thought was genuine.

I also think the press have a big hand in this. Had they not been so intent on telling everyone about the Royal visit to the hospital in the first place, no one would have known Kate was there and so the prank call would not even have been thought about. Then afterward making a big deal about the nurses who let the call through.

There is way more to this than we are being told, but in any case, I really feel sorry for the kids and husband left without her and the continued press coverage they are having to endure.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Jacintha Saldanha, 46, Indian, wife and mother of 2 children, Duty Nurse (not a receptionist), lived with her family in Bristol, worked at the King Edward VII hospital London, and stayed in nurse's accommodation close to the hospital during the week, answered a phone call at 05-30am 4th December. Believing she was talking with the Queen of England, she transferred the call to Kate Middleton's private nurse, whom then divulged some general information about Kate's condition. Subsequently, it was found that the telephone call was a 'prank call' from Australia by two radio DJs.

No one knows for sure Jacintha's state of mind between Tuesday and Thursday evening, police were called to her nurse's accommodation early Friday morning, where Jacintha was pronounced dead at the scene.

As the news broke, a global public furore erupted, mostly directed towards the 2 DJs, as people speculated that a deep sense of shame and ridicule drove Jacintha to self-euthanse because of the prank. Many speculate whether her (possible) sense of shame and ridicule was enough to drive her to suicide?

The hospital were quick to state that she was a 'first class nurse', and that she and the other nurse (the one whom divulged information) were not 'reprimanded'. I myself, believe that they were, and that it was this, along with her sense of deep shame and ridicule that drove her to kill herself.

John Lofthouse, the hospital's chief executive:

This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols.

The Sun (apologies):

It is believed the alarm was raised when she failed to appear at work. She had been living in staff quarters in Weymouth Street, yards from the hospital.

Brett Holmes, Association general secretary:

...the nurses involved could potentially have had to go through three separate disciplinary processes, including those conducted by their employer and other inquiries conducted by the regulating authority and the Health Care Complaints...He described these processes as "stressful and deeply traumatic experiences for many nurses and midwives, regardless of the level of wrongdoing".

It is my current speculated belief that Jacintha took her own life out of a deep sense of shame and ridicule, and also because she was severely 'roasted' for her error in transferring the call. The other nurse was private to Kate Middleton, and would have probably have received a different form of disciplinary procedure? Three days pass before she takes her life, that's a disciplinary procedure per day. Why raise an alarm for someone whom is simply late for work, unless of course, you already knew that person was in a fragile state of mind because of the way she was feeling about herself, and because of the roasting she'd received?

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell said it had been suggested to him that she had felt "very lonely and confused" as a result of what had happened.

This lady was 'ridiculed' and 'disciplined' to suicide. May she rest in peace.
edit on 9/12/12 by elysiumfire because: Adjustment

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
It would greatly surprise me if the hospital did not have a policy in place for repling to calls of a sensitive nature, especially as the royals have been in there at various times before.

**The thing to do is to not give out any info at all. Inform the caller that you are not free to comment on anything regarding a client, but that you will pass on the message and get that person to call back. And to protect thine ahsse make a written note somewhere that the message was passed on. **

There's been a lot of similar posts to yours in these threads. It doesn't really work this way. By rights, you're not really meant to pass on any information to visitors or telephone calls other than general 'they're looking better today' type comments, at least within the NHS - and that goes for paid an unpaid members of staff. Confidentiality and dignity are pretty big in hospitals, no matter what the right wing press claim. I know because I hear this as part of NHS inductions several times a week.

However, the reality is that hierarchies will always trump this in real life: doctors, consultants, directors, heads and so on will always put lowly nurses, receptionists, admin staff &c in awkward positions by expecting/demanding the rules are changed on their behalf. You don't really get have the option to question or deny requests and so on. Unfortunately, I have to bend the rules and make 'exceptions' to suit someone much higher-up the hospital food chain every time I turn-up for work.

Apparently, the Queen never makes phone calls, not even to members of her own family (!), as she gets other people to make the initial call through the Palace switchboard. However, who really knows this kind of information? It's not something that nurses are taught or even receptionists generally.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

All involved should be charged with manslaughter/murder.

People need to learn that pranks/jokes/bullying etc cause people to kill themselves. Shame on the radio station and presenters. Charge the farkers with murder. That is what it is going to take to get people to effing well think before they do this kind of thing.

My deepest condolences to the family of the nurse who has taken her own life. Very tragic.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Something about the dear ladies death does not sit well with me at all. I don't care what anybody says, I think it was murder made to look like suicide.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The British media are to blame for whipping this into a frenzy - not the Australian DJ's!

But oh no all fingers will be pointed at the Australians while the British media protests indignantly and feigns innocence in this matter.

What? did the British media do the prank? I must have missed it.
The prank was reported all over the world.

This comment was on the Daily Mail website in the comments section on this very story.

It was the top rated comment, until it was removed by the moderators.

Phone pranks like this have gone of since the phone was invented !

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

reply to post by AussieDingus

Dude the riots were sparked by a police shooting then the young kids decided to riot in London then the kids up north looked at that and said "Yeah free stuff lets go looting".
No one is saying the royals are better than anyone of us but I waved my flag because in my view the Queen deserved a good party.

Oh and I was in the riots of around 98 in the city of london and trust me that place is very protected.

Also why are you aussies so bothered about our Queen
, If we the British public wanted them gone we would get rid but at the mo more people like them than not.
edit on 7-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Dude, the riots were sparked by a poilce shooting, thats why i made a mention of discrimination. There were also several other incidences that took place leading up to this shooting. The trigger for the riots was not based on one shooting alone, but also several other incidences leading up to it, where discrimination was a common factor.

What has being Australian got to do with realizing your Royal family is a scam ? Check the Bavarian background of YOUR Royal family before commenting again !

And don't give me this crap that if you wanted them gone you would get rid of them. So what you're saying is, more people then not, are happy to pay taxes to a family based on bloodlines, while also claiming to be a Democratic society ??? And you can't see the contradiction there ??? And why does the Queen deserve a good party ? What has she done to deserve it, other than being born into rule and living a life of luxury and privilage ?

It will be a great day on Earth when that old German hag kicks the bucket, but there's no point celebrating too much because her successor will be in place before her coffin is in the ground and the same old crap continues, and the loyal little sheep will line the streets to wave their little flags. But when she dies, who will give the xmas speech about giving to the poor and needy, while living a life of luxury at tax payer expense, and having that much personal wealth that you could go a long way to ending poverty by giving up that wealth. In the modern world, there is no place for a Royal family, so why do you still have yours ?

I

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join