It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright lights flash across Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

WTF ? Is Texas really so big that everything happens there ?

Yes! Texas is that big. It takes about sixteen hours to drive across from east to west or west to east. And that is traveling about 75 mph on straight highway.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Checked the news website. Found this video posted.

Early Morning Jet Contrail in Texas

This is clearly just a completely normal jet contrail lit up by rising sun.
I hope that there is more to this story than this!

Note: From what I can see in the few images posted, there was more than one "event", at different times, but at least one is just a jet contrail.
edit on 8-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: add note

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
At last, a decent video of the fireball has been posted on the BBC website. It looks authentic to me - I've certainly not come across this particular footage before.

Despite the commentary seemingly suggesting that this footage is from NASA, once again the media has got it wrong. It's certainly not footage from one of NASA's fireball network cameras, although it may be that someone working for NASA caught the footage on a personal "dash-cam". However I think it's more likely that the BBC has got their lines crossed again, and this footage is not from someone related to NASA.
edit on 8-12-2012 by FireballStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Awesome capture. Thanks for bringing that Master Fireball. Surely some of the accounts of "Flashes over Texas" can be attributed to this.

How fast would you speculate it was moving? And are they even close about the size of it being "like a basketball"?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by FireballStorm

Surely some of the accounts of "Flashes over Texas" can be attributed to this.

Almost certainly I would say, and not just related to this particular event. We get lots of material entering our atmosphere on a daily basis.

But lets not forget there are many other potential causes of "flashes" (which is quite a loose term anyway), so every case would have to be looked at on it's own merits.

How fast would you speculate it was moving?

It would just be "speculation" as you suggested, but it did appear to be fairly fast paced compared to the average "big fireball". Perhaps around 40km/s, which is just a bit faster than a Geminid at 35km/s, but I would not be surprised if it was as much as 50k/s.

And are they even close about the size of it being "like a basketball"?

It was very short lived, and if it was at the upper end of the speed range I suggested, I would say that it's not impossible.

That speed range puts it well into the territory of cometary material, so despite what I said earlier in this thread, there may be a chance this was a small comet fragment. I've seen cometary fireballs (Perseids and Leonids) in the past that disintegrated in a way very reminiscent to this one, although they were not quite as bright as this one.

Cometary material in general disintegrates more readily than asteroidal material, but if it's fast enough, so will asteroidal material. Where I'm going here is that, slower moving asteroidal material suggests that it may have been a bit larger than what was suggested, whilst a relatively fast cometary fragment would not have to be that large.

There are so many variables involved which will influence what we see with a fireball like this, it's impossible to say for sure without doing a bit investigation into this particular event. I haven't really had the time I have to admit.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

There was a place in Texas people would drive to some ranch and all these crazy lights beaming up, down left and right. Any relation? Maybe was called Mystery, Texas??

Freaky place....I had no cocclusion of what or why they are there. Besides there is like a line that runs down the states that tends to see more solar activity but I'm not sure how it might relate? Aurora Borellis?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I just saw a low flying one in a direction planes or helicopters
Never go..

Same pattern as the video, flicking slowly like a flame changing, wobbling, drifting.. slowly

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I just saw a low flying one in a direction planes or helicopters
Never go..

Same pattern as the video, flicking slowly like a flame changing, wobbling, drifting.. slowly

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanandheather

Are you thinking of Marfa, Texas? Marfa Lights en.wikipedia.org...
Went thru there on Amtrak years ago, it was at night and the train actually slowed down so we could watch for lights, alas, saw nothing

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

This reminds me in 1908 there was blue lights that came down in Russia near a small town, except unlike the modern UFO voices of crying wolves there was evidence as in many of the rich past cases in our history, ones that the liars of today will not touch because they have absolutely no motivation for any kind of truth including the ability to care for other people but would rather laugh at the inconvienience of others because they think they're in an enclosed door of ignorance and egoism.

In this case the blue lights hit the ground, and knocked down the trees for 25 miles.

After research the information had been collected that it was witnesses to be a large blue glowing cigar shaped UFO as see in this video.

Funny I just saw that a scientist claims they have proof of it being ET a couple years ago, that may deserve a thread.
edit on 28-2-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

'haarp' being mega call towers (3MW), or whatever other EM weapon / DEW is currently being used (SBX-1, etc.):
www.youtube.com...

In that video we see the formation of ball lightning, the same as the earthquake trial run in Mexico:

'haarp' attempting to erupt the volcano:
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
It originates from the volcano, as a very tiny sphere. It lights off at 42 seconds.

It makes me believe that all / most UFOs are actually powered by haarp, or other EM weapons / DEWs, and are merely ultralight antennas.

The occult warning Russia, not to 'interfere':
www.youtube.com...

The Oaxaca Earthquake / Tsunami started 43 miles down. The ionosphere is about 46 miles up. Even without 'advanced' methods you could still use simple capacitive heating to heat a fault line to trigger an Earthquake. That said, there is very clear evidence of somewhat advanced technology being used:

Mexico City Ball Lightning attempt (after first earthquake off the coast). Results in very slight earthquake; most of the fault line's energy was already spent on the earthquake off the coast:

www.youtube.com...

Here you can see large plasma streamer coming off of one corner of the tower. This was during the successful 7.1 earthquake:
www.youtube.com...

They had been 'heating' the fault line the entire time between the first attempt, and the second 7.1 earthquake. That's how evil they are.

The Ball Lightning immediately after the Oaxaca Earthquake / Tsunami is clearly the cause for the following reasons:
It reappears in substantially the same area (assuming a weapon targeting over great distance) ~a half dozen times in each area.
They all decay at the same rate.
They are the color of an excimer laser (nitrogen excitation), or an odd color, few of them look like standard 'lightning'.
No sound, no shrapnel, power is still on.
They are mid air.
Typically one at a time (weapon has limited power).

Fukushima lights (ball lightning):

www.youtube.com...

Which also means, they caused the Fukushima meltdowns.

They certainly steered the hurricane toward Houston:
www.youtube.com...

I'm curious how fast they can move ball lightning across the sky:
www.youtube.com...

I love the music for that one.

It wouldn't be difficult to suck in air from underneath, and push it out of the 'rim' of the saucer.

Since the atacama humanoid was merely heavily mutated HUMAN dna (~10%). I believe it is true, and correct that they are merely trying to create a slave class of beings that look like 'ETs', and roll them out to run the world; cause they're 'superior'.

He looks like he was shot in the head with a bb, and left in the desert to dessicate:
www.youtube.com...

Please watch this shill piece in it's entirety. I will state that Greer doesn't seem shill-like, he seems convinced. The lady in his life as of the documentary seems to be a monarch style handler, as does the lady in the hotel room of the Alex Jone's documentary dark secrets of the bohemian grove. I'm starting to be concerned that Jone's is a shill, or at least went through monarch; no mention of ball lightning, no mention of cannibalism...more important now, than ever.

Greer was exposed to cancer that took the life of two team members, which had to be intentional at this point.

There is no way that rockefeller ever backed anything decent.
Some UFOs, and crop circles have had odd ionization of the air (would also explain why they don't land), and severe burns of surrounding vegetation due to high temperature plasma.
My favorite part was the 'prophet yaweh' who could summon ufo's by 'prayer'. To bad he 'died' of a heart attack. I couldn't stop laughing at that one. I guess you don't live forever fake yaweh.

Completely human dna, just highly mutated (the sirius documentary claimed it wasn't human):
www....(nolink)/scientist-says-atacama-humanoid-is-human-but-still-a-mystery-988/20405

'haarp' playlist:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join