It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have met a woman on a dating site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

everyone ive ever mentioned ats and conspirecys to thinks im crazy, than again alot of people had the same conclusion before i got into ats. if you think u have a future with this girl, i suggest being up front with her after you share a bed, and go from there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
From a woman's point of view, I would bring it up to her.
Maybe not starting with ATS membership, but a casual conversation about a specific subject, to see how she reacts.

My husband isn't a huge conspiracy fella. But he at least listens when I talk about some of the things I read about here.
I'm not into concrete, but I listen to him.

It's called open communication, and it does wonders for a relationship.

Same here with my husband and I. If this woman were to break up with you just because you're interested in conspiracies, then perhaps she isn't the one for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks for input everyone. Have to think through this more although and i realize from your postings honesty has got to be the best policy, but recognising that timing is also important. Mabey i will leave out talking about Ats for a while, i mean its not lying its just not talking about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i think it would be weird if you brought up a conversation about what websites you read.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Thanks for input everyone. Have to think through this more although and i realize from your postings honesty has got to be the best policy, but recognising that timing is also important. Mabey i will leave out talking about Ats for a while, i mean its not lying its just not talking about it.

Chicken!

I was braver when dating. I only wanted someone who would accept me for being me, that included my weird interests like the pranormal and conspiracies. They didn't have to have all the same interests, just accept me for mine.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah but you're a girl. Guys don't even hear the first 27,000 words you speak to them. FACT. For the first 1.3 years everything you say sounds, to us, like "Hey, Big Boy.....".

When guys open up? Totally different outcome.

When I first met him, he was all mysterious and cool. But then, after he talked? Not so much.....

~Heff
edit on 12/7/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Yeah but you're a girl. Guys don't even hear the first 27,000 words you speak to them. FACT. For the first 1.3 years everything you say sounds, to us, like "Hey, Big Boy.....".

When I first met him, he was all mysterious and cool. But then, after he talked? Not so much.....

~Heff

That cracked me up!
So funny!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

~Heff

and you are embaressingly single.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't think there is any reason not to reveal that you frequent this site.
It covers a wide variety of topics both mainstream and obscure. I frequently find breaking news items here before they are on my local news (If they even make local news).
I find there are a wide variety of people on this site with multiple opinions on many subjects.
Yes, conspiracy issues are covered but they do not dominate the content here.
I have recommended this site to many people and left it up to them to form their own opinion.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nice one,am glad to hear you've met someone,that's good news.

Now as for your approach concerning ATS and related topics ~~

Don't wade in there wth the Pilosophy and Metaphysics too early.lol.

There's no need to shine a light on 'our' uniqueness till you've gotten to know her but then it may feel fine to talk about it early on.

Play it by ear and trust yourself to know what to do and when.

~~ oh n my gf be the first to tell you,don't take adviice on women from me ~~

Hope it goes real well !!!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I met my GF on a dating site, and in her profile she mentioned ancient Egypt, and find out she and I have ALOT in common, I even got her to sign onto ATS

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

and you are embaressingly single.

and you would know this how??

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well AS - you didn't meet her on ChristianMingle' ...did you?

I would ease her into it...by bringing up tidbits of juicy news (that you may or may not adhere to - but "found interesting")... May want to give her a heads-up on the latest Earthquakes (that you'll find first on ATS). Might want to see what her thoughts are on quantum mechanics, various metaphysical topics...or talk of some of the events of this past election cycle (that you might only have seen broadcast/discussed - here).
Wouldn't even have to mention ATS as being your Top Priority.
Sadly, however - once she's been initiated - she may become more obsessed with ATS than you...and might even develop a liking for... Heff ...
So - you gotta be careful in which ever way you choose to approach it...

All said - I have faith that you'll stand true to the code - and will not betray us!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You didn't tackle her to the ground and check her for wires and NSA/CIA/FBI identification on the first date?

Amateur.

~Heff

We really need a 'That's Funny!' button here!

Hi Athlon, I agree with Klassified. Let's say you keep your dirty little ATS secret until you get deep into a relationship with this person. And THEN she tells you that she wants you to stop coming to these godforsaken sites that poison your mind with UFOs and aliens and ghosts and conspiracies. It would be the total death of who you are. That's a horrible way to live!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

i think it would be weird if you brought up a conversation about what websites you read.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

Yeah! Plus, I know we get all goofy when starting a new relationship and want to share everything from personal beliefs to spit, but there are just some things we humans NEED to keep to ourselves. I don't want to share ATS with anyone that I know in real life, much less a significant other. This is MY fun.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join