It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have met a woman on a dating site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have met a woman on a dating site and getting on quite well with here. Shes very nice personality and quite attractive and lives the next suburb over from me. She has asked me about my interests and i have talked about main stream things but havent as yet mentioned my interesting in ATS.

She herself seems interested in talking about mainsteam subjects, and not into fringe things like ufos, magic or conspiracies. Im wondering if id be shooting myself in foot if i told her i was a active member on Ats? , I mean i have to accept conspiracy theories are seen by alot of people as way out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Yeah, if you think she is a keeper I'd shy away for now from mentioning anything about it. Heck, I don't talk to my wife about my interests in this regard either. She knows I visit here, but she just sort of ignores it so I don't ever mention it. No good can come of it...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
wait till you get to know her better
then let the craziness out in bits and pieces
just like the way the janitor from scrubs did it

edit on 7-12-2012 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Point her to my ATS profile page and I'll change my avatar to me looking top nosh....that'll do that trick!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
RUN!
they're all evil.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Invite her over.
Leave ancient aliens on the tv.
If she sits down to watch marry her fast, that's a keeper.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

From what i know, if she is a "normal" human being, aka, listen to MSM and live like most normal people, DO NOT MENTION CONSPIRACIES.

I had friends who looked at me weird for even mentioning about MSM lies...It is something people attract as they become interest in the world around them, you either become a believer or debunker.

If i were you, i would say, "in my free times i would like to join forums, research into inconsistencies in religion, and official news"

Don't say something like "you know those mist that comes out of planes? well that is toxins to mind control you Muhahahahha"

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
From a woman's point of view, I would bring it up to her.
Maybe not starting with ATS membership, but a casual conversation about a specific subject, to see how she reacts.

My husband isn't a huge conspiracy fella. But he at least listens when I talk about some of the things I read about here.
I'm not into concrete, but I listen to him.

It's called open communication, and it does wonders for a relationship.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Im wondering if id be shooting myself in foot if i told her i was a active member on Ats? , I mean i have to accept conspiracy theories are seen by alot of people as way out there.

Not mentioning the fact that you research conspiracies doesn't mean you're necessarily hiding it...

However, don't hide who you are!
It's like trying to manipulate the way another person sees you. Eventually the real you will come out anyway, so you might as well be yourself from the get-go.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It's to your advantage if she's a mainstream, sheeple type......much easier to bend her mind to suit your agenda.

Sincerely,
Charles Manson Hitler

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmm..the way I see it is that I'm me - and I'd expect a potential life partner to accept me as me, warts and all. If one of my hobbies or interests put them off me as a person then they're just not right, simple as that.

I really hope that we'll be hearing wedding bells soon!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If you have any interest in a long term relationship with this woman, why would you want to present anything to her, other than who you really are. She needs to see the real you every time she's with you. Why start building a relationship based on anything less than honesty.

Additionally, why would you want to be with someone who can't accept you as you are, not who they want you to be. And of course, vice versa. Be upfront with this woman. If she loves you for who you really are, you have founded a friendship on honesty. If not, then you haven't wasted precious time, and neither has she.

Note that being honest, doesn't mean scare the crap out of her, and share all your wacky theories in one go. It just means don't be someone with her, that you aren't when she's not around.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You didn't tackle her to the ground and check her for wires and NSA/CIA/FBI identification on the first date?

Amateur.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
If you have any interest in a long term relationship with this woman, why would you want to present anything to her, other than who you really are. She needs to see the real you every time she's with you. Why start building a relationship based on anything less than honesty.

Additionally, why would you want to be with someone who can't accept you as you are, not who they want you to be. And of course, vice versa. Be upfront with this woman. If she loves you for who you really are, you have founded a friendship on honesty. If not, then you haven't wasted precious time, and neither has she.

Note that being honest, doesn't mean scare the crap out of her, and share all your wacky theories in one go. It just means don't be someone with her, that you aren't when she's not around.

You put it much better than I ever could!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Your interests, your passions, the things you enjoy studying....those are all part of what makes you 'you' so I hope she can at least appreciate it, if not share in it. I'd bring up one of your favorite interests here and see what kind of reaction you get...you may be surprised. But don't hide what interests you, dont hide who you are...I assure you, someone out there will appreciate the sparkle in your eye when you speak about your passions whether or not it's their particular cup of tea and love you for ALL that you are, even the wierd bits.

Hope that helps & best wishes to you. ~Lu

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You'd be surprised, she may be just like you but thinking the same thing, afraid to bring it up lest you think she's a nut-case.

The need for you to bring up something like ATS is probably equal to how much you are into "conspiracy theories" and other subjects typically thought of as tin-foil hat subjects. If it's only a part-time thing for you, you can wait on the ATS announcement. If it is a big part of your life, I think you'll want to bring it out into the open and introduce her to it. If she balks, then she's probably not for you.

It will do you no good to start a relationship with somebody (no matter how attractive) if you have to hide who you are and what interests you.

She may have enough of an open mind that you end up converting her. That's how it happened between me and my husband. When I met him (online, BTW), he was a conservative republican. Now he's wearing tin-foil hats with me. But, do you really want to be with somebody who doesn't think anything like you do, doesn't have your same interests, etc? There's only so much time one can spend between the sheets, so to speak, so the rest of the time spent together should be quality time, and not time where you have to keep things you're interested in bottled up.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I too, met my girlfriend online over a year ago. She is pretty mainstream and has her views on things within that construct. However, I have expressed my views as well, and even if she doesn't agree or thinks im a little crazy for drawing theories based on the information that I have, she accepts it as just a part of who I am.

I remember one morning when I had gotten up early to make coffee, I sat at the table with my laptop and logged on to ATS. Shortly after, she came out and down the hallway and said, "Good morning babe. I see your reading your paper." She then chuckled and I couldn't help but chuckle back.

I have found that even though she leans more to the mainstream side, we share common views on things such as immunizations, political madness, and the belief that there is way to much power held by too few a people in this world. We also love football and both have our own teams. She's a dedicated Cowboys fan and I'm all about the Seahawks! I felt bad taking her to watch her team get beat by us in person early on in the season... But hey... At least we got to see our favorite teams play at the same time! We also placed a little wager on what the losing team would have to do for the other.... Lets just say she went out of her way to make bedtime extra special that evening

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I met my husband online through eharmony. He's as straight laced as they come, wouldn't consider "alternative" subject matter if it swallowed him whole.

However, he could care less that I'm on ATS. It doesn't phase him.

I think folks believe that couples have to share every interest. That's not true, and it wouldn't be healthy. There's nothing wrong with enjoying different things, and there's nothing wrong with keeping things separate. For example, my husband loves camping. I hate spiders. Ergo, he and my son go camping, and I enjoy a weekend by myself. It works.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I agree with you completely on that, my wife and I couldn't be more different. But I think before you really get to know someone that well people that visit these kind of sites can seem a little scary maybe? I think it's best left for after a relationship is established and you don't care so much about things like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by smyleegrl

I agree with you completely on that, my wife and I couldn't be more different. But I think before you really get to know someone that well people that visit these kind of sites can seem a little scary maybe? I think it's best left for after a relationship is established and you don't care so much about things like that.

Agreed. I didn't join ATS until we'd been married some time.

OP, don't hide it like a dirty secret, but don't parade it in front of her, either. Just let it be a natural part of your life. If she's interested, she'll ask.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join