It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Pearl Harbor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Imagine....
Just 72 years ago today, in one of the boldest moves in international diplomacy ever, Japan invited the Unites States of America to come to Japan to test out the newest in our state-of-the-art warfare technology. These 2 tests made a great impact on the Japanese society at the time, and in later years helped usher in a new era of American / Soviet Union relations.

en.wikipedia.org...

The attack on Pearl Harbor (called Hawaii Operation or Operation AI[7][8] by the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters (Operation Z in planning)[9] and the Battle of Pearl Harbor[10]) was a surprise military strike conducted by the Imperial Japanese Navy against the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on the morning of December 7, 1941 (December 8 in Japan). The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from interfering with military actions the Empire of Japan was planning in Southeast Asia against overseas territories of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States.

My intro was a bit snarky, but I wanted to reflect how things are often (later) portrayed in the MSM/Governmental "Media Speak" that we hear so often....

I always think about how the Attack on Pearl Harbor affected the American public at the time when it happened. I used to ask my grandparents about it all the time, and I enjoyed hearing their impressions from a time that I could only imagine. Then on 9/11/01, I found out first hand how they felt.

In honor of those who served and died that day, post your thoughts/comments/tributes here.
Please don't troll here.
Thank you

edit on 7-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added context to intro

edit on 7-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typo

edit on 7-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have to leave for work now, so this not a post and run. I'll be right back here after work this afternoon.
I look forward to seeing other folk's contributions to the topic.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As long as you think think that other people want to terrorize you , they will make other nine-elevens

As long as they can keep you in illusion of conspiracy , they will be going to bring other false flags to you.

As long as they make you think other people of the planet are jealous of you , there will be going to be other 9/11s.

As long as they can reach your panic button , they will use it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

I would like to pray for millions of Farmers and Fisherman died to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All died just to prove they had the technology.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wonder for how long after Pearl Harbor the politicians paraded around the event for points.

Did they all wear little flag pins?

You're either with us or with the Japanese?

Was it made into half the circus 9/11 was and for how long?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Served and died? More like sacrificed.

Anything I now tell you I will deny ever saying. I am still subject to military court martial for revealing the information. The American public is completely ignorant of those affairs that occur behind the scenes in top American government positions and offices. If you try to tell them the truth, they won't believe you.

Five men were directly responsible for what happened at Pearl Harbor. I am one of those five men ... We knew well in advance that the Japanese were going to attack. At least nine months before the Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor, I was assigned to prepare for it.

I was operating under the direct orders of the President of the United States and was ordered not to give vital intelligence information relating to the whereabouts of the Japanese fleet to our commanders in the field.

We had broken the Japanese code ... We'd been monitoring all their communications for months prior to the attack ... It was a lie that we didn't have direct radio communications with Washington, D.C.

It was at least 48 hours before the attack that I personally received the most tragic message of my life ... which was Top Secret and coded, which my radio operator handed to me. I had the code book and decoded it. The basic text of the message ran: "The Japanese will attack at (the approximate time). Do not prepare retaliatory forces. We need the full support of the American nation in a wartime effort by an unprovoked attack upon the nation in order to obtain a declaration of war."

That message and my 40 file cabinets of top secret information on Pearl Harbor were taken out and burned by myself and two other witnessing intelligence officers so that the Congressional investigation could not get to the truth as to what actually did happen at Pearl Harbor.
They cracked the code. They knew of the attack. It was no surprise.

All an excuse to enter the war and test their new toys to firmly establish themselves as a world power and something to be feared.

If anything, never forget the innocents that were sacrificed, and the Earth that had to endure nuclear weaponry upon it's face.

edit on 7/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"Remember, remember the 7th of December, the Pearl Harbor treason plot; I know of no reason why the Pearl Harbor treason should ever be forgot." (obvious reference to the "5th of November Gunpowder Treason plot" in Great Britian and the conspiracy theory that FDR knew in advance of the Pearl Harbor attack to get us into the war).
edit on 7-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for not trolling. Geez.
Do I think they knew of the attack in advance? Most likely. Did we HAVE to drop nukes? Probably not, the Japanese were at the end of their rope in terms of resources. But remember, the Japanese were absolutely RUTHLESS in their tactics, and they committed MANY atrocities and war crimes. Society being what it was then, I don't blame the Americans for being cold-blooded in return.

Were those sailors "sacrificed" ? Most likely.
However, those men did not deserve to die the way they did. They were sons, husbands and brothers.
They died in horrible, tragic circumstances. Can anyone here just cop to that without qualifying it with their own political bias?

And yes, 9/11 was horrible, and I totally believe there's a conspiracy involved with that.
But that doesn't change the way I feel about all of those people losing their lives, and what it did to their families.
Is it not possible to have some compassion for your fellow humans, just for a moment without trying to spin the intent into meaning something else?

I do get a little tired of all of the contemporary, spoiled armchair analysts that feel a need to insert their own philosophical agenda into every topic. They weren't there, they didn't experience the attack directly. They have most likely NOT known any such hardship in their Nintendo-Hot Pocket-filled lives.
They watch TV, troll the internet, play video games and they think they know...
None of us know. We life lives of hedonistic luxury compared to what our grandparents knew. We are soft, on the outside and the inside.

Try to put yourself into other people's positions sometime. It makes it a lot harder to be blindly judgemental of things you don't really know.

Just my 2 cents.....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And for the record, this thread has nothing to do with getting S&Fs. I saw that no one had brought the topic up around here, and I felt that someone needed to bring it up.
I would like to give a shout-out to my supporters though. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
And for the record, this thread has nothing to do with getting S&Fs. I saw that no one had brought the topic up around here, and I felt that someone needed to bring it up.
I would like to give a shout-out to my supporters though. Thank you.

moonzoo7,

in my navy days i had the privilege to dive the uss arizona for inspection purposes on several occasions. i will never forget the wreckage of the massive ship; twisted and broken resting on the bottom of pearl harbor. those moments were the some of the most emotional i have experienced in my life. it's good to have a reminder of that event, despite the feelings that people may have about the cause and later outcomes of it. whatever people may think, the attack was still a surprise and an undeclared act of war for those nearly 3000 sailors, soldiers, marines, and civilians who died on the island of oahu on dec 7, 1941.

top topics

join