It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't edit after 3 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I just tried to edit a post. It said the maximum window of 4 hours had been exceeded. The post time was 3 hours ago.

Does this happen often?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think at one point you only had two hours to edit. It might be a glitch where it says four hours, but it's in reality only two hours.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

It's a known glitch. The window is actually more like two hours. If there is a necessary edit that is not way too involved and complex - you can simply alert the post and ask a member of staff to edit it ( Including the specific details of what you wish edited ).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks, although I'm pretty sure I've edited closer to 4 hours before. Maybe not. I'm about to go through my posts and see which ones I can edit and try and see if there is a different time limit.

ETA: I think you're right about 2 hours. It was allowing me to edit a post from 1:50 ago, and not one from a little over 2 hours.
edit on 12/7/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wasn't an important edit at all, but good to know in case that happens. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I just tried to edit a post. It said the maximum window of 4 hours had been exceeded. The post time was 3 hours ago.

Does this happen often?

was it an OP or a post lower down in an existing thread?

If it is the first post in a thread it is working as intended as in the past someone edited an old post to look like they predicted 9/11, FBI fun ensued and from that moment on ATS limited the time you can edit an original post... if your not talking about this sorry, just thought i would let you know.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If you edit a post shortly after posting, there is a messgae above the posting post telling you how many miuntes you have left for editing.
This appears to count down from 120 minutes.
So the real deadline looks like "two hours"; the real glitch is in the "too late" message, which is apparently counting out four "hours" of thirty minutes each.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is an ongoing issue and seems to affect people who don't live in the US of A more than others.

I posted about it once and Springer replied saying it had something to do with different timezones screwing up the system.

(I think, it was a while ago...).

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
This is an ongoing issue and seems to affect people who don't live in the US of A more than others.

I posted about it once and Springer replied saying it had something to do with different timezones screwing up the system.

(I think, it was a while ago...).
That was then, but it's changed. It's 2 hours for everybody now as far as I can tell, and you still get the "exceeded 4 hours" message which is just a "typo" or mistake, it should say 2 hours.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Cheers for the clarification

top topics

join