It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue flash/explosions in the sky.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I can't supply any photos as they happen so quickly and maybe that's why they have not been noticed.
I have myself seen at least 5 now. Both my son and myself have seen at least two of them together. I have friends in another part of UK who have seen them too.

Here goes with the description.....

They look more like an explosion as they have an epicentre. From the centre the blue coloured 'flash' spreads out, and here comes the weird bit...it then seems to suck back in on itself. There is sometimes an explosion noise that can be heard as it contracts in on itself. They 'appear' to be happening very high up in the atmosphere.
We have mulled over the idea that they could be space debris.
Anyone else?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
When did this happen Jane?

Yesterday was dreadful weather, but today is a lot clearer.

I am 20 miles away, so should be able to see them,

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

If they are happening in the same general area of the sky can you set up a camera? If you have a digital camera have it running and angled if need be on its back, battery charger pre-plugged and if you blink it might catch them or if you see one grab it!

Sounds neat, I wanna see.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Adding on from Watchfull, is this currently happening Jane or was this last night? Just had a smoke break and a wander outside - lovely clear skies (but freezing!) and couldn't see anything. I'm over the Pennines from you though so wouldn't necessarily see anything anyway.......

We are due for several meteor showers, etc, this December so i guess space debris (of some description) would be a serious contender.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
i'm interested to see it too... but from your description, the first thought i had was from that grandfather topic yesterday, with 4 signs, one of them being holes in the sky...eeek!

edited to add grandfather thread linky www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-12-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

The first one must have been about 2 months ago at most.

I know the thread is really ambiguous and not supplying any "pic's or it didn't happen". But like I said they are very quick 2-3 seconds at most.

What is interesting is my friend who lives on Anglesey has also seen a few of them.
My friends father who is totally entrenched in sci­ence and “there is an expla­na­tion for every­thing”, saw this flash on his way over to my friends house. She was out in the gar­den and saw it too. The first thing he said to her when he arrived was “Did you just see that blue flash?”. She thought he would have an expla­na­tion, but was very sur­prised not by the fact he didn’t but by his total sur­prise and shock that he had wit­nessed some­thing he couldn’t explain.

I know they don’t ‘feel’ right.…they have a sinister’ness about them. Hence the rea­son I have started the thread to see if any­one else has seen them or has an expla­na­tion.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I take it you've ruled out thunder and Lightening....?

Also what time of the Day/evening did you see this..??

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Maybe I have a higher chance of seeing them as I am either outdoors, or if I am working indoors it is by a window.
My son and I have seen them together when sitting in our living room.

I will start making a note of times and dates and get my friend to do the same if it helps.
Like I said they are so quick I am not surprised that
a) not many people have seen them
b) if they have, they have probably put them down to some sort of weird lightening maybe....which they most definately are not as they do look like a high altitude explosion which sucks in on itself...really sci-fi looking.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Search twitter for "blue flash" right now and you will see that a lot of people in Houston have seen one this morning. I have pasted a few of them below. Note that in one of them, the woodlands and clear lake are referenced. Those 2 locations are at least 50 miles apart.

nick wright‏@getnickwright
Dozens of eyewitness reports from Houston of a giant big blue/green streak and flash in the sky across all of Houston. You see it?

Drew Wasson‏@DrewWasson
Didn't see it, but tons of Houston rpts of blue fiery streak (eastbound) then blu-grn flash around 6:45... Seen for at least 50 mi radius

Ryan, perdido en TX‏@RyanLostinTX
Blue flash in the fog of Houston this morning. God I hope something incredibly weird and awesome happens today.

Matthew Armstrong⚾‏@MattArmstrong57
There was just a huge blue flash all across the sky everyone around Houston saw it. #blueflash

Mikey Mike‏@WhoIsMikeO
Ok just saw a massive blue/green light flash in the sky in the woodlands, people saying they saw it in clear lake as well

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

Thank you for that....except what I, my son, and my friend and her father have seen is not a streak but a huge blue flash which has an epicentre which then seems to suck the flash back in on itself, sometimes with a loud bang which happens just after.

Myself and my friend are about 200 miles appart here in the UK.

I shall go and look at your link now.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Is there overhead high voltage distribution mains in the area? (usually 11kV - 22kV which are erected on wood poles)

The description matches the effect of faults on these feeders which can be caused by animals, birds, wind causing conductor clashes or contact with tree branches etc etc. The flashes can be spectacular especially when there's low cloud to reflect the light allowing it to be seen from many miles away. They're very fast so you need to be looking in the right direction at the exact right time to see them depending on the distance. Up close it's dramatic enough to scare the bejeezus out of you.

I'm in the energy business and these faults are very common events.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Aha!...working my way through a thread here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Nope....this is waaaaay up in the sky.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I seen something similar to this a few months ago when there was a meteor shower. It was a blue flash that seemed to go back where it came from.

It was very nice to watch.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have seen these on two occasions. The first came in September of last year after a series of quakes we had here in Colorado. These came with audible booms and looking like round blue flashes or ball lightning and came in quick groups of 3 or 4 in fast succession. The sound wasn't like thunder at all and didn't rumble or linger, it was almost like a gun shot kind of sound.

The other time was about 1- 1 1/2 months ago. It was very cold and even snowing. There weren't any sounds with these at all, but these were much, much brighter and lit up the snow sky with an eerie electric blue. They came in quick succession, one every 5-10 seconds, and it went on for a couple minutes. I first noticed them because they lit up the upper windows in my stairwell and it was night time. My husband and children saw them, too, and we all waited for a rumble of thunder, thinking it was "thunder snow", which I have seen before in Illinois, but never made a sound, even though the flashes were very close to our house.

The difference with these and normal lightning/thunder scenarios is that they are perceptibly round flashes of bright BLUE BLUE BLUE light.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I saw a series of these blue flashes/explosions in the sky, exactly as you've described, a fortnight ago. It was a Thursday evening and the weather was stormy. Upon first seeing this phenomena I assumed it was either lightning or fireworks. After I had seen a few of them, I realised just how bizarre they were! Not fireworks or lightning.

I still do not have any idea of what they were!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that experienced this!

I'm in the South/West of England.

Will be following with intrigue...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What you describe sounds similar to hho gas explosion i done on purpose one time.
At first it seems to explode into a blue fireball but it is imploding into water at the same time. The whole thing takes place at a much faster rate than a typical explosion.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnglaTocyme
I saw a series of these blue flashes/explosions in the sky, exactly as you've described, a fortnight ago. It was a Thursday evening and the weather was stormy. Upon first seeing this phenomena I assumed it was either lightning or fireworks. After I had seen a few of them, I realised just how bizarre they were! Not fireworks or lightning.

I still do not have any idea of what they were!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that experienced this!

I'm in the South/West of England.

Will be following with intrigue...

I wonder if it is related to sudden heating of the atmosphere, like in quickly released pockets? I ask that because where I live, I've been seeing "earthquake clouds" nearly every day, they form quickly in seconds and cover the sky, disappearing 30-45 minutes, sometimes an hour later. Although what I've discovered is that they don't always precede an earthquake, it is thought that when they do, it is because of sudden heating of the atmosphere, heat being released from the ground up. That combined with various earth groans being reported everywhere, I do wonder if the earth is doing something internally that is causing it to let off sudden heating, maybe that's what the light is from, like charged energy being released? Just a thought, not scientific at all to back that up, just my theory.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey OP, if I might make a suggestion to capture this stuff? I have a $20 web cam out in my carport...it's one of 3 I have around the outside of the house because my home office is so isolated sound and window wise, you could kick my door down when I'm working on something with audio, and I wouldn't know it otherwise.

How this relates to this is simple. Again, this isn't a surveillance camera...It's a web cam from Big Lotts and it's been running out there for 5 months now. All weather....(although under cover)

I have to adjust it a couple times through the day and evening....but you'd be surprised at how clear it is, even on a dark night. Even cheap cameras have light collection routines now that blow my mind for clarity compared to my own eyeballs.

How this can help you is that what I have there records 24/7 on a self erasing loop running over a 7 day rotation. So..if anything of vague interest may have happened in the last week? I got it.
Motion sensor and lighting settings to trigger recording (as opposed to 24/7 to a hard drive) make the file sizes much much smaller....but still manage to catch everything.

What makes that particular software great is that it's running a buffer automatically. So when I have it on motion setting? It kicks on record when it picks up motion....but it starts that file from several seconds prior to the detection. ...I.E.... Your sky flashes, if the cam is aimed a bit differently and tweaked for night time recording, would easily trip it and make recording that 100% fully automated. All for about $20 on my cost here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I live near Liverpool which isn't far from Angelsey and I've seen this too. I can best describe it as a bit like seeing a camera flash from a hundred yards away. It was few months ago on a clear night. I was looking up at the stars as I tend to do and I saw a flash in the corner of my eye which caught my attention. I looked at where it came from and it happened again. I waited a few moments but nothing else happened. I walked into my house wondering if I really just saw that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join