It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Is Trying To Track You.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

It started way before that, maybe a year or two ago when they suddenly insisted you link an email address -from Gmail - to the YT account.
These latest three options - what, no "none of your damn business" or "because I CAN" option? - are just the last straw.

In my case, it is only a matter of principle. I don't appreciate being considered an idiot, especially not by idiots. (And anyone who takes others for idiots IS an idiot.)
Call me crazy.

So, guess what I chose....
I dissociated my YT account from any email accounts. Bye.

I only use YT to listen to music, and for that I don't need to have an account.
Nor do I appreciate any "recommendations". (I don't even pay attention to them.)
The only reason I had an account in the first place was to comment, because there are some amazing, mind-blowingly beautiful and intelligent souls to be found on YT, and I like to comment when I like something or someone.
I guess I'll use telepathy from now on. :-)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Partial Quote
"In my case, it is only a matter of principle. I don't appreciate being considered an idiot, especially not by idiots. (And anyone who takes others for idiots IS an idiot.)
Call me crazy.
"

=========================================================================
Idiots? Hardly.............they are highly intelligent, and very sophisticated Zionist's. They know what they are doing and they know that you don't! So who's really the "idiot?" They think a lot less of you than to call you an idiot - they prefer to call you "worthless goyim."

This is the usual (the standard) context for the use of the term: one that is used repeatedly in Talmudic schools and universities throughout the world. In other words its part of Talmudic teaching.

“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel,” The Moral Wisdom Of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
edit on 8-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

People - and yes, even YT is people - who take others for idiots ARE idiots.
Anyone who has lived long - or deep - enough will tell you that.

The only worse idiots are those idiots who don't know their idiocy is transparent (or semi-transparent).
But that's not my problem, so I won't be bothered with that.

BTW, their kind of "sophistication" can only work with those who are totally unaware of it - or who are totally convinced about its unbeatable superiority.

edit on 8-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes, this has happened to me several times lately and it makes me want to reach through my cpu screen and punch youtube in it's intrusive little face.

No, i don't want to use my full name. No, i don't want to tell you why. Gtfo of my face, it's none of your damn business. Maybe youtube reps should give *me* all of their personal information. Like really, who's asking? Why do want to know so badly?

It's ridiculous how many times i've been interrupted right in the middle of a vid or posting a comment etc.

Unfortunate that i'm a youtube addict and use it so many for different things.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's not just you, I had this a few weeks back and I had the option to leave it as it was or change it to my real name or made up one (which is pretty easy)... you can also swap between your usernames, you dont have to keep your real name on.

And one other poster touched on this but I really dont like what google have done to the users homepage.... I really preferred the old style, I cant even see where my messages are now or friend requests!!!

Some things just dont need changing IMO and I've actually been deliberating whether to delete my entire account but alas, I need to upload vids every now and then to be able to get a link to send the video elsewhere..... so.
edit on 8-12-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Have you been living under a stone, YouTube and just about all websites track you.

Most of it is not because of some big brother global NWO bull# tho, it's for basic advertising.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Well, if you really want to be paranoid --- Just know that every single time your star or flag a thread/post, it creates it's own individual page - a specific link just for your history in your browser.

Marinate in that.

Wouldn't BleachBit or other "deep cookie" killers take care of this garbage?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

for your own computer yes but not on ats. Every website has their own tracking system.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is the whole problem with the internet. It isn't just Youtube. Youtube is a symptom. The internet is the disease. The internet was not built for anonymity. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain when they abuse that. Frankly, most of Youtube's members probably want it to remember what they've seen and customize their viewing and browsing experience.

This is one of those things I'm not entirely sure is a bad thing. But if it is, Youtube is still a valuable resource and we are lucky to have it. I don't think we're ever going to have the big movers and shakers on the internet on the side of privacy and anonymity. The services and web sites that provide the best opportunities to invade our privacy on a massive scale will probably always be recognized and infiltrated early on. And that's assuming they weren't built from the ground up for that very purpose.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

get used to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Youtube is owned by google, trust me when I say, they have already been tracking you.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Same thing happened to me but I doubt it has anything to do with tracking cause it's very easy to track through one's IP address! I would think they might be doing this to make it easier to sell stuff to you and information about you! Though I know very little about the net or TPTB plans! If it should happen though it would'nt surprise me in the least!
edit on 9-12-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ebyeck scary int it

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Granted i have nothing interesting on my YouTube history, it's still been creeping me out lately.

I have noticed a big increase in the "Related videos" section whilst watching a video. And instead of it being related to the video i'm watching, it has a fair few videos about things i often watch (conspiracy theories, sue me)

Anyway, whatever. They can track me if they wish. They won't find anything worth while.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sorry can't really help you with an answer. I do use Youtbe from time to time it's just that I don't have an account with them. See enough advertisements from the sponsors of tv, don't need it shoved in my face as much on the interent. For that reason, I stay away from google, use an alternative search engine, and I don't have much use for Facebook or Twitter. Stay in touch with people the old fashioned way, at least so far no useless advertising there, yet.

Good post, glad to see you're observant though

edit on 9-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceOfEarth Youtube is owned by google, trust me when I say, they have already been tracking you.

Oh what a tangled 'web' we weave - When first we practice to deceive. - Sir Walter Scott

Its my hope that I will succeed in giving readers some insight into the true level of Zionist penetration of the internet and also to show the level of cooperation between leading Zionist internet entrepreneurs and the state of Israel.

So, be very wary of the Zionist tentacles - the hidden hands that control the Internet: YouTube, PayPal, Google, GMail, Facebook, Wikipedia, Yahoo!, MySpace, eBay - to name just few - there are many more. Please do not be fooled, because its actually all one 'company' and its called "Zionism Incorporated." They are now actively engaged in the process of collectivizing their considerable internet holdings: seemingly separate entities into one massive juggernaut - a force to be regarded as mercilessly destructive and unstoppable, which is a typical Zionist strategy of infiltration by deceit - as in the notorious motto of the Mossad: “By way of deception, thou shall do war.”

The Zionist's - contrary to the 'liberal' views that they officially hold - by means of their oppressive/suppressive tactics and actions clearly demonstrate that they always seek to dominate the information flow, and they will not tolerate any dissent, hence the restrictions that you encounter when visiting their sites such as YouTube.

All this 'wheeling and dealing' of internet companies being absorbed or otherwise 'bought out' and/or 'changing hands' is just an illusion; one that has been designed to give the impression of companies "just doing business" when nothing could be further from the truth. This is not 'business as usual.'

YouTube was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005. They immediately partnered with Adobe so as to make use of Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology.
In November 2006, YouTube, LLC was bought by Google for $1.65 billion, and now operates as a subsidiary of Google.

They were backed by Sequoia Capital - Some of the other companies they have funded include, Apple, Google, YouTube, PayPal, Yahoo!, NVIDIA, Cisco Systems, Oracle, Electronic Arts, Navigenics, Cotendo, Atari, Ameritox, Kayak, Meebo, Admob, Zappos, Aruba Networks, Green Dot, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Airbnb.

In October 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 billion. On October 3, 2002, PayPal - who also operates as a Luxembourg-based bank - became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

An addendum - still on topic as per the above posting(s) on the main topic:

The political agenda of Zionism is obtrusive, intrusive and all pervasive - it runs roughshod over our private lives at every level, and its important to say it to everyone within reach; not just members of ATS.

This issue of 'privacy' is critical to our understanding of the manner in which we "have been had - big time," because they needed to have decimated our sense of security so that they (the Zionist's) could spin their vicious web of deception. Once the sacrosanct aspects of our personal privacy - thus our personal security - were gone then the floodgates were opened.

Zionism has created a 'vice grip' movement on the mind of the average internet user. Our peace of mind has been usurped because over the years - and unbeknownst to most - they have been hijacking incredible amounts of political, corporate, banking and media power to one side (the Marxist Communist left), and by making use of the very thing that they invented as a part of their devious strategy, namely anti-semitism, and the attendant fear of being called 'anti-Semitic' if you dare to state the what has become so obvious to most right thinking people.

They have been able to do this by equating in the public perception the notion that Zionism equals Jewish people. It does not. Zionism is a political ideology with an ominous creed taken from the Talmud, introduced to the world by the Rothschild family so as to advance the goals of the Illuminati families that are largely controlled by the them, i.e., the Rothschilds.

So now when the average person thinks of Zionism they think of the Jewish people throughout the world generally, or of the Israeli's in particular. When they think of Israel they think of Jewish people. This is quite understandable given that Zionist propaganda is so all pervasive, but this whole idea is patently false, and it is seriously misleading: those instant connections need to be broken down if we are going to understand what's going on here.

Zionism means Rothschild just as Israel means Rothschild. When we see the extraordinary number of Zionists in key positions throughout the world the world we are looking not at the odious and extremely manipulative 'Jews', but at the perfidious and extremely manipulating Zionists who represent - in total - the interests and demands of the Rothschild family.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I logged in just to reply to that poster. Glad I read posts further down the line and saw that you tried to explain the current landscape to one of the cave dwellers.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well I use Youtube a fair bit to watch music vids, and they rarely ask me to login. If I do login, they have never asked me anything. I can only assume they are asking specific countries

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just clicked an ordinary page to link up with a video and got this piece of intrusive "ZTrash"

They told this "goy"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join