It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake hits Japan again (07/12/2012)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Those poor people. They just can't catch a break..My prayers go out to them again..Mother Nature sure can be cruel..peace,sugarcookie1
Poor people? Have you seen what the Japanese do to dolphins?

No I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop on Nippon since 3/11. Mother Nature is P.O.'ed at them, and rightly so. No other country bests the USA for mindless consumerism and wanton destruction of nature. And they do it as a point of pride!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The 30+ flags are good enough, I don't understand why there are 4-5 pages of posts in less than an hour in the middle of the night. This is an American site, and it's really late here.

Yes there was a massive quake near Japan. My opinion is, OMG, WTF, ROFLMAO?

It's just a lot of pages to go through without learning much about the event that's all.

typical american

AHEM... Typical young american.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by atkins1999
Interesting even the US Government admits that there are people trying to develop ways to set off Earthquakes and weather modification as found in this official transcript from the Department of Defense: "they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. . . It’s real, and that’s the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that’s why this is so important"
www.defense.gov...

But I still wonder if there is a way to find out if there was heating in the upper ionosphere before yesterdays earthquake in Japan like what happened 3 days prior to 3/11
www.technologyreview.com...

I wondered this the last time Japan was hit. I would think that most first world governments would have an idea if the US had this technology and were using it, then again, maybe not. But I don't see a reason that the US would want to effect Japan in this way. It would seem more beneficial(although one million times more obvious) to use a devastating earthquake on the middle east. If true, however, and the government did have something to do with it, I believe researching it could be hazardous to one's health.

I hope my ignorance keeps me as healthy as my neglected body should be.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is all part of the bigger earthchanges picture.
Earthquake prediction

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
According to Enenews.com the latest was increased pressure (reason undetermined). Pressure has since dropped and been "kept":

Since we had found positive pressure in the reactor building of Unit 1, we have started Stand by Gas Treatment System* (the pressure was 0.05 kPa at that time of the start), and confirmed negative pressure in the reactor building. The negative pressure has been kept currently. We will conduct inspections for the cause of this matter.

enenews.com... ure-rise

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Earthquake in Tokyo? That is usual and normal situation...

la2

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
since the 7.3 in Japan, the whole pacific plate seems to be shifting, earthquakes in China, Alaska, California, Mexico, New Zealand and now Taiwan.

I think this situation will continue, but would welcome any other theories.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There's no reason for these disasters, nor are they fair. There's no God determining where they happen. This is what happens on earth. Chaos and destruction. Natural selection.

When it rains and floods an ant hill, do the ants ask "Why God? Why did you do this?" What about when the wind kicks up or a twig snaps and a baby bird falls from its nest? What does the mother say when she helplessly watches? Does the baby bird even know what's going on?

Nature does what nature does. We either have answers or we don't. But we're always anthropomorphizing these disasters. Maybe when we can't stop them, we turn to religion.

On hte plus side, we're more capable now than we were 50,000 years ago. Somebody who has the money and knowledge can live more comfortably now than at anytime in history. We're about to enter space commercially and probably commence mining either the moon or some odd asteroid. I don't think it'll be long before we're living everywhere: underground, surface, ocean, atmosphere, moon, asteroid, spaceship, etc. By spreading ourselves out, we ensure our survival.

But nature always will kill and kill and kill. That's what it does. Natural selection. Nobody is immune to it. You only survive by the skin of your teeth and by the network you form with others.

It's easier to believe there's a God watching over us than to believe there's nothing. What a cruel universe it would be without some sort of divine justice, right? But that's life, sir (or miss). Did you ever stop and think about all the animals and bugs and bacterium and amoeba that die every day? Is it divine justice that this vast death orgasm visits us every day and never misses a beat?

Japan, ironically, is now more prepared than anybody else for earthquakes. I know it's a weird logic, but this hardship Japan is experiencing is making it stronger IF it learns. They have many hardships. Let alone that they got involved in WWII. Or that they live on islands. Or that their reproduction rate is low. Or that they have to import so many of the things they need. All of these factors could be signs of a nation that's crumbling. Or they could be signs of a nation that's getting stronger.

Half-full or half-empty? Only the future knows. Those pesky hidden variables.
edit on 8-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

I have no idea if you have ever been to Japan, but I have not seen another country which looks so clean (except Nagoya
)

It is true, they consume a lot and I really hate their attitude towards products "ohhh there is a newer one, I need it instantly" -.-

but they are not as nature-destroying as the us. There is a huge gap between this two countries if you compare them. If it would be "revenge of mother earth" the whole us would just disappear in the ocean then

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Originally posted by aLLeKs
reply to post by seamus

they are not as nature-destroying as the us. There is a huge gap between this two countries if you compare them. If it would be "revenge of mother earth" the whole us would just disappear in the ocean then

but, but.. they kill dolphins.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Funny you should mention dolphins, I went to the tattoo parlor today and saw a girl in there with a dolphin on her shoulder. I said, "I bet that hurts!" She said, "Yes, it's really very heavy!!" All kidding aside, aren't dolphins just gay sharks?

What's the difference between a whale and a dolphin? I've never being married to a dolphin. What's the difference between Justin Bieber and a dolphin ? One makes a horrible squeaky noise all the time, the other is a dolphin.
edit on 8-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Strictly speaking, the tomato isn't a vegetable. It's really a kind of dolphin.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BBC news reported this in less than one hour.
have you seen the new stuff?
11 quakes in 24 hours! 4.3 to 5.6 all in the Same place?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

I did see this article online a month ago. "A Bottle-nosed dolphin captured off Tokyo last month has an extra set of fins that could be the remains of hind legs. Japanese scientists described the find as a breakthrough; a delicious, delicious breakthrough".

edit on 8-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Strictly speaking, the tomato isn't a vegetable. It's really a kind of dolphin.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I did see this article online a month ago. "A Bottle-nosed dolphin captured off Tokyo last month has an extra set of fins that could be the remains of hind legs. Japanese scientists described the find as a breakthrough; a delicious, delicious breakthrough".

lol, nice ones. I bet the last part of those scientists description wasn't made on porpoise.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

These are called

Aftershocks are earthquakes that follow the largest shock of an earthquake sequence. They are smaller than the mainshock and within 1-2 rupture lengths distance from the mainshock. Aftershocks can continue over a period of weeks, months, or years. In general, the larger the mainshock, the larger and more numerous the aftershocks, and the longer they will continue.

USGS glossary

TA posted a reply a few pages back that showed that not only are they having many more aftershocks smaller than that are being listed at the JMA earthquake page.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I was working in Yokohama when this latest big one hit. Funny enough, I was in the middle of some really boring training by way of video conferencing. It was such a bore that I struggled to focus on what the `trainer` was even saying. Just when I thought I was going to fall asleep...bam! The entire building starting shaking pretty hard. The trainer was in Osaka but the rest of us here in the Tokyo/Yokohama metro area. I simply said to the trainer `Sir. We are getting a strong quake so I am going to get under a table now.`

After the quake, the company required us to finish the training session; rat bastards. The whole thing reminded me of the 9.2 quake and all the aftermath all over again. Lucky, no major tsunami or nuclear meltdowns this time.

I have to wonder if this is not a warm up to another rather large quake to follow soon. Before the 9.2 I remember we had gotten a few smaller quakes in the months before.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
poor japan

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It's very bad; Japan is one of the most developed countries which have latest technology. It affects Japan's economical condition very badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join