It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake hits Japan again (07/12/2012)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Whereas you on the other hand are not clogging anything up with your opinions are you?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigbrothersnightmare

The biggest wave was 1m height. Some 20 cm are hitting now in Miyagi. Nothing big or that causes damages.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Thanks for the vid, though I am sorry to say that it is not in HD.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I just checked the LISS (Live Internet Siesmic Servers) and the monitors are showing some really weird looking readings for other parts of the world as well. I don't know much about earthquake type dealys but I've gone to the LISS other times and never saw some of the odd readouts like what are presenting right now. Some other countries monitors look unusual to me anyway. In an hour that could all change but if anyone googles LISS and goes and takes a look, maybe someone that really knows what all that represents can explain. Thanx. J.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellys
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Whereas you on the other hand are not clogging anything up with your opinions are you?

Holy crap, are you people serious???

Like 10+ posts were dedicated to blasting my 1 post for having an opinion about wasting space.
Then all you people waste a whole page of this thread berating me. Wow.

Get to posting information about the quake, I know it may be more effort than ridiculing someone, but at least try huh?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by bkaust

Thanks for the vid, though I am sorry to say that it is not in HD.

Bugger! Mine has it there, but maybe because I'm on a mobile device it can be clearer and smaller? Sorry!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Here we go again! Is this the beginning of the crazy period?

link   
Well my phone and fb alerts woke me up and I jumped back on ats like it was a fire going and it was on page two then 30sl seconds later I'm at the bottom on page 5.

Back on topic. This serious news to me, I wouldn't except something like this coming from Japan this time of year. No matter where we are, me most be prepares and alert at all times.
edit on 7-12-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 7-12-2012 by sylent6 because: double post

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Just a few clips of the shaking from the earthquake i tracked down on Youtube...

edit on 7-12-2012 by BlavatskyChannel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There is a slight possibility that this quake could be a foreshock. Remember that there was a 7.3 foreshock, along with its own set of aftershocks, just a day or two prior to the massive 9+. I am just glad that this quake only produced a 1 meter tsunami, which apparently did not cause much if any damage. These big quakes release so much energy there is just no telling the effects they can have on nearby stress points, sending them over the edge. So yes, Japan needs to keep up the vigilance, especially in the next days.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
I just checked the LISS (Live Internet Siesmic Servers) and the monitors are showing some really weird looking readings for other parts of the world as well. I don't know much about earthquake type dealys but I've gone to the LISS other times and never saw some of the odd readouts like what are presenting right now. Some other countries monitors look unusual to me anyway. In an hour that could all change but if anyone googles LISS and goes and takes a look, maybe someone that really knows what all that represents can explain. Thanx. J.

Your right. Those readings are all over the place. ISH2 international just went offline.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
True, but you don't know its a fore-shock until something happens...

Also, whats to make us think THIS isn't a fore-shock?... a larger one!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Wow. You're right. I've never seen them like that either- worldwide just about. Maybe Puterman or True American will stop back by. PM is in Ireland, I think. It's early evening there.
Thanks for the heads up. Worth watching.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
just saw this calm down people

According to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center: "Based on all available data a destructive Pacific-wide tsunami is not expected and there is no tsunami threat to Hawaii."

Source

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Tsunami Forecast Region Classification of Tsunami Warning/Advisory
MIYAGI PREF. TSUNAMI WARNING(TSUNAMI)
PACIFIC COAST OF AOMORI PREF. TSUNAMI ADVISORY
IWATE PREF. TSUNAMI ADVISORY
FUKUSHIMA PREF. TSUNAMI ADVISORY
IBARAKI PREF. TSUNAMI ADVISORY

the orange is 2 meters or above, the yellow is .5 meters or above.

www.jma.go.jp...
edit on 7-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
There is a slight possibility that this quake could be a foreshock. Remember that there was a 7.3 foreshock, along with its own set of aftershocks, just a day or two prior to the massive 9+. I am just glad that this quake only produced a 1 meter tsunami, which apparently did not cause much if any damage. These big quakes release so much energy there is just no telling the effects they can have on nearby stress points, sending them over the edge. So yes, Japan needs to keep up the vigilance, especially in the next days.

That's what I was thinking. Japan has so many possibilities for HUGE quakes, that it wouldn't surprise me to see another mega quake there. I thought i'd be in that triple junction you mentioned not long after 3/11 TA. Could these new 'aftershocks' be putting further stresses on that one closer to Tokyo? People forget that they didn't even know that the spot that produced last years quake had the ability for one so great until AFTER. So much yet to learn!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
USGS has four more ranging from 5.5 to 4.7 in the same area.

Link

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal

It is normal when a big quake hits, the waves will register on most seismometers worldwide, and will persist for hours, as they are now. It basically rings the earth like a bell, with waves that gradually subside as the energy is dissipated. Things will return to normal on the LISS over the next hour or two. I'm just hoping it is not a foreshock, and it probably isn't.

This quake was much further out to sea than the 9+, and so it helped to dissipate the tsunami, lessening its effect on the shoreline, as well as helping to reduce the shaking. Its mid depth of 35 km+ also helped reduce the damage. You could say they dodged a bullet.
edit on Fri Dec 7th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yes the cell phones have emergancy alerting on them. As well as PA systems all over the towns. I was a pretty big one, biggest since the "big" one. No power loss or internet loss. phones were down for a few minutes and then the networks were pretty busy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join