It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake hits Japan again (07/12/2012)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think/hope no major damages are going to happen
japan is very well prepared for earthquakes

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Tsunami warning anounced on your link for fukishima. lets pray now people we dont get more damage or death

Sirens going off now.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Bigbrothersnightmare because: live news update

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Aftershocks of magnitude 6.2 & 5.3, with a 1m tsunami reported at Ishinomaki, in Miyagi prefecture.
Hopefully the 7.4 was the big one and all the rest are smaller.
Wouldn't want Fukushima to get any worse.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigbrothersnightmare
32 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan Magnitude6.2 Depth 29.2 USGS Feed

Source

aww

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Straight off the coast of Fukujima.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
A Prof from the Geo University of Potsdam just said in German MSM that this are all aftershocks from the Main Event happened last year, so no foreshocks i guess

He also said that there will be several aftershocks in the +6 and less in the +7 region
If i remeber correctly there were many +6 after 311

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheldonCooper
A Prof from the Geo University of Potsdam just said in German MSM that this are all aftershocks from the Main Event happened last year, so no foreshocks i guess

He also said that there will be several aftershocks in the +6 and less in the +7 region
If i remeber correctly there were many +6 after 311

If the German MSM is saying the truth then that's pretty crazy how it's still aftershocks...

Dang
edit on 7-12-2012 by iAnjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

Oh yeah we saw that on 311.
Couldn't resist, sorry, no offence.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thos needs to be written and achnowleged, apparently nhktv interrupted broadcasting to warn people earthquake was about to hit, then moments later it hit

NHK television broke off regular programming to warn that a strong quake was due to hit shortly before the earthquake struck. Afterward, the announcer repeatedly urged all near the coast to flee to higher ground.

mobile.news.com.au...
edit on 7-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Sorry on train dodgy mobile phone connection
edit on 7-12-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Where'd you read/see that from?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Ofunato reports 20 cm wave at 06:10
edit on 7-12-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What? I can't confirm that.
edit on 7-12-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Of course the German MSM is telling the Truth !!! Ha Ha Ha................
No way ! But the Prof. does, he's a scientist with much background in this topic.............i'm searching for his vita......wait a sec

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Thos needs to be written and achnowleged, apparently nhktv interrupted broadcasting to warn people earthquake was about to hit, then moments later it hit

Japan have so many monitors set up that they have a warning system in place, once a quake is registering it cuts regular feeds and sends alerts via TV and phone etc to give people those few precious seconds to find somewhere safe to shelter

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Yes, its a great system.
Earthquake waves travel fast, but not instantaniously.
Detectors that pick up an earthquake can warn people who havnt had the shock wave reach them yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Strange goings on indeed:

Text“We wanted to release this photo to the world and confirm the reports issued yesterday,” said Japanese Navy spokesman Yoshido Hari. “This picture will give credence to what some of our citizens living on Okinawa witnessed yesterday. We clearly still have many days of salvaging ahead of us but we will take our time and bring the aircraft up in one piece. We must preserve the object as much as possible.” Numerous reports began to circulate around the globe yesterday about a possible UFO crash off the coast of Okinawa. Many people, including the mainstream media, believed the reports to be false or an elaborate prank. The picture snapped by Japanese Navy divers will put those thoughts of falsity to rest. “This is not a joke,” said Hari, speaking candidly to reporters. “We have clear evidence at the bottom of the ocean that indicates UFO presence. What the world once thought virtually impossible is now a reality. It is up to us to preserve that reality in order to study the structure of the vessel and perhaps even the alien lifeforms inhabiting it.”

______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2012/12/ufo-crashes-off-okinawa-japanese-navy-secures-area-2440140.html

Yes it's BIN reporting this but hey - could be a connection if true - think I'll do a bit more hunting!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

Japan have so many monitors set up that they have a warning system in place, once a quake is registering it cuts regular feeds and sends alerts via TV and phone etc to give people those few precious seconds to find somewhere safe to shelter

oh yeah,
I think I can confirm that this is why Japanese Cellphones have an earthquake warning device if I remember..

however from what I remember they'd go off during the earthquake.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

100%. During the US East Coast quake the other year people were twittering about it in Virginia and people were reading it in New York, then felt it.

link   
reply to post by iAnjo

My friend just fb me and advised tsunami warning in affect for Hawaii too.

link   
reply to post by quedup

Okinawa is very very far from the place of this Earthquake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join