It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake hits Japan again (07/12/2012)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
No major Media corporations are reporting this at the moment. NO BREAKING NEWS from BBC or CNN, FOX, RT, SKY NEWS and others to think of.

It was reported several times on BBC news 24 mid afternoon UK time (Ive got it on in the background all the time), but they reported it as an event that was finished- tsunami warnings cancelled- 1M wave had been and gone @ 1:57pm GMT.

If you look at the TEPCO feed of Fukushima, you can see its a beautiful morning there (9am), and thankfully the emergency seems to have passed.

JibbyJedi , my response was due to your insular attitude- you maybe didnt mean it to come off like it sounded, but just because its late in America, doesnt mean the world stops turning. You claim to know that ATS is global, but then come up with lines like "This is an American site, and it's really late here." or " Good morning Japan and England.... Thanks for visiting American ATS". Did it cross your mind that Japanese people might still be interested even though its past your bedtime?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by iAnjo

Maybe the Chinese want them off the Island!!

Apart from that though, I hope we don't hear of more Nuclear Plant Meltdowns!!

That was an real ignorant comment to make. We're talking about people's live are at stake here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by JibbyJedi

maybe you should get banned for motivating 30 people to comment about yo instead of the topic. You are hijacking the thread

What is wrong with you? Probably the same thing as the rest of the band wagoners.

Every post I ask everyone to stay on topic. I also asked for more information about the quake.
I hope the mods remove all our comments to be honest, just wasting space in this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I find it very suspicious for a while that all these earthquakes are hitting New Zealand, Japan, Alaska, Mexico, Peru but nothing major on the Pacific side of the states.

The frequently of earthquakes this years is off the hook but it makes me a little uneasy knowing us Californians haven't got slam by this yet. I do not want to go through this experience here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Was thinking that same thing earlier looking at the live earthquakes map.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

West Coast US region is the only place in the ring of fire not getting hit 4+'s.. Heavily active in the West Pacific, SE Pacific areas getting hit and even Mexico got a 4+. Also saw a 2.8 in East Texas w/e that is.... Cali's right in the middle of all that.

Might be a good weekend to take a trip to Vegas or.. somewhere not coastal.

Edit: Just noticed Nicaragua got hit by a 4.5 almost an hour ago. Yep, looks like its working its way up.
edit on 7-12-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: Saw another'n

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Amazing what the Japanese people have to endure .
my heart goes out to them.. you almost would going to hate your own country for being in such sensitive region of the earth.
I'm almost getting the feeling that this has been set up by some dark secret project being unleashed upon Japan.?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah, you keep asking everyone to stay on topic because you know your previous posts were dumb and you have nothing to justify them with. Why are you so worried about space....? This is the freaking internet here...there's plenty room to go around so why the hell do you care? Is it so hard to spend 5 minutes tops browsing through a thread to find the information you require? Some people...

On another note, I did happen to notice that Mt. Fuji has been slightly active recently. Really hope nothing devastating triggers soon. Japan has been through too much recently, it deserves some time to recover.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting even the US Government admits that there are people trying to develop ways to set off Earthquakes and weather modification as found in this official transcript from the Department of Defense: "they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. . . It’s real, and that’s the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that’s why this is so important"
www.defense.gov...

But I still wonder if there is a way to find out if there was heating in the upper ionosphere before yesterdays earthquake in Japan like what happened 3 days prior to 3/11
www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mortalhelix

Funny...I was thinking if all these quakes had to do with volcanic eruption or the possibility of one....I think one just erupted off the coast of Alaska ? There were pictures of lava flowing into the water and forming mounds that looked like stalactites....and alas just had a slew of earthquakes too. Minor quakes, but they had quite a few of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The depth figure is an estimate of how deep in the earth the quake center seems to be. The depth of the ocean at the quake center is another matter.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by sylent6

West Coast US region is the only place in the ring of fire not getting hit 4+'s.. Heavily active in the West Pacific, SE Pacific areas getting hit and even Mexico got a 4+. Also saw a 2.8 in East Texas w/e that is.... Cali's right in the middle of all that.

(An aside: Holy crap, I hope did the quote right.)

I'm of the opinion that all the geological processes on Earth are connected -- physically, I mean, not in a mystical sense (although that may be true as well). Movement on any of the Pacific plates (or other plates) must have a reverberative effect on the plates around them, which in turn pass the effect to plates further distant. Sure, each "pass-along" reduces the effect of the EQ, so an earthquake in Japan will wind up hitting the USA west coast plates at some miniscule effect.

But the effect is still there. Could these small knocks on the California side of the plates be cumulative?

I hope the people in Japan are well, both in body and mind, after yet another demand from Mother Earth to "Make room!"

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Whether it be earthquakes, economic hardship, plummeting birth rates, China related animosity et al, I get a foreboding prelibation that Japan is not long for this world.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Read a bit on this not long ago on other sites - seemingly (luckily) no major damage has been reported thus far. The poor people of Japan seem to have some unfortunate luck as of late. It occurred to me that yesterday was also Pearl Harbor Day - in remembrance of that fateful day not so long ago. Probably not of any consequence, but just stuck out to me as just a bit odd in it's uncanny timing. I hope the poor people of this country can catch a break soon.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Uh... Wow, unbelievable that another huge earthquake hits Japan so close to the whole "end of the world" thing.

To those of you sitting there saying crap like "its weird how nothing ever happens to the states" um... Hello? It wasn't that long ago that Long Island, New York and Atlantic City, New Jersey just got completely flooded out - its amazing how quickly people like to forget things.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The japanese meteorological agency is calling this (3.11.2011 quake induced) outer-rise earthquake. They can be felt on wide area. Also these quakes can create tsunami even when the shaking is not that violent. The agency is cautioning, that during the following one week period, another around "shindo" 4 earthquake may be felt around japan. (which is quite violent) This magnitude 7.3 richter was felt as 5(low) in aomori, iwate and miyagi prefectures.

rough translation on parts of this: www.news24.jp...

on shindo: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-12-2012 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
they should mothball their nuke plants asap...

then dismantle them

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I just went to the LISS (Live Internet Seismic Server) website again and I'm concerned about the readings again. True American was kind enough to explain about how the monitors can look very intense and active after a large quake like japan just had...how the entire earth is affected to an extent. Then the charts settle down. A fellow on another website told me the monitors can actually look intense for a few days afterwards even

Now, I'm a little confused. The seismic monitors at LISS as of 2 am central time for me here look bad. Almost all stations are showing intense, long black lines way close to the top of the charts...meaning shallow activity? Is that the worse kind? Not sure. Texas looks creepy..most all the monitor charts do. I suppose the charts can settle down just as quickly but for now...they seem intense. Can google LISS to find them and see.

Maybe I shouldn't check with LISS so much beings I'm not really up on what all that kinda activity signifies. Just wondering...and hoping no more major earth quakes are in store for any of us. Thanx for listening.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's Mother Nature doing that balancing/repairing thing we all talk about....
Then again, what about India?

Or maybe God just doens't like their used panty vending machines and little boy anus scented perfumes.

Either way, interesting. I knew something was coming.. I could feel it the last few days. My dreams always get scary before earth changes.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
USGS has reports for Texas of 2 earthquakes, one on the 7th and one on the 8th..both are only 2.8. Nothing of a serious nature. I hope Mama Earth will be settling down now for a bit and nothing more occurs anywhere...will have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.But the over-all death toll of the fukushima meltdowns stand at about 500 million.More if reactor number 4 SFP were to drain and light on fire.Over-all I estimate a 1-2 billion reduction in world population from this complete failure to anticipate the ramifications of building 6 nuclear reactors over one of the worlds most dangerous fault-lines.We are lead to believe that these scientists are SOOOOO much intelligent than the average person.But the truth is that man-kinds lust for power and control will most likely doom us all to a future of hardship and desolation.I don't want to be a buzz-kill but we have ALL been misled/lied to and the path that humanity has chosen to wander down is NOT going to be FUN.Peace and Love to all who may read this-Please don't hate me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join