It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge earthquake hits Japan again (07/12/2012)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

JibbyJedi has a point. And that point is actually reflected in the T&C for this website - i.e., "...make every post count. Refrain from posting one-line comments." Something to that effect.

I'm guessing the reason so many people took offense to his comment, is because he struck a nerve. Some people enjoy broadcasting their feelings to the world, based on an emotional need to feel important and relevant.

When someone comes along and tells them that their inner feelings are not as important as the facts of the ongoing disaster, the result is somewhat like taking candy away from a child.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm glad this didn't actually occur on the mainland, at least it doesn't seem like it did, but I hope it is not a precursor to more severe earthquakes in that area. The ring of fire does seem very active in that region and below. More so, lately than before, with many 5.0+ occurring in a short period of time at a relatively close to the surface area. My best wishes to all everywhere, have true love in your heart everyday; you never know when it is your time to ascend.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How about folks just spell the date out...Dec 7, 2012...

Inverting dates for this country or another is retarded....it is 12/7/2012 here...I don't care where you are....just spell it out and there is no confusion...it is Dec. 7, 2012....no questions....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

That's one of the main reason's I joined ATS. We have members on this site that are diligent when it comes to breaking news. The media is usually 6 hours to a day late on breaking news. Isn't it a wonder why we can't rely on main stream news anymore. Forget about notifying us of a meteor impact, we'll all be dead by the time they find out about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

And yet you have contributed nothing but useless ranting....seems the term hypocrite come to mind, for someone with so much experience you sure seem to not have a clue...I would say you want negative attention...here is a big fat hug for you, feel better? Try adding something to the post before you decide to berate people...

The 30+ flags are good enough, I don't understand why there are 4-5 pages of posts in less than an hour in the middle of the night. This is an American site, and it's really late here. Yes there was a massive quake near Japan. My opinion is, OMG, WTF, ROFLMAO? It's just a lot of pages to go through without learning much about the event that's all.

Thanks for all your prompt early morning responses. My point is that unless you have awesome and informative info, there isn't a need to clog up the thread with your opinions, that's all. Each post should be informative and maybe contain a link to something newsworthy. I want to learn more about it, I don't want to go through 70+ "OMG that's horrible, I hope everyone is OK" posts. This will be my last post here until I have unique and helpful info. That's what I hope others abide by too. Good morning Japan and England.... Thanks for visiting American ATS, and avoiding the point of my post. I look forward to your contributions and info.

Holy crap, are you people serious??? Like 10+ posts were dedicated to blasting my 1 post for having an opinion about wasting space. Then all you people waste a whole page of this thread berating me. Wow. Get to posting information about the quake, I know it may be more effort than ridiculing someone, but at least try huh?

Where is your relevant contribution to this thread? Here is mine...

I'm glad this didn't actually occur on the mainland, at least it doesn't seem like it did, but I hope it is not a precursor to more severe earthquakes in that area. The ring of fire does seem very active in that region and below. More so, lately than before, with many 5.0+ occurring in a short period of time at a relatively close to the surface area. My best wishes to all everywhere, have true love in your heart everyday; you never know when it is your time to ascend. BAW33

edit on 12/7/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dinkot
is it just me here alone,.. or does anyone else here also wishing for , at least , *something* to happen (especially in relation to the whole 21 December 2012) thing...

Rather than wishing, we should all be PRAYING for the people of Japan.

They are not ready for what is coming, neither are WE...

Mt. Fuji will erupt, 3 warning signs will be given first

THE DAY WILL COME WHEN MOUNT FUJI ERUPTS AGAIN AND THERE WILL BE THE LARGEST LOSS OF LIFE SINCE POMPEI.

MOUNT FUJI IS GOING TO ERUPT

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I took offense with the way he talked about news and facts from other countries and how he thinks ATS is an american only website.

He had a point about some posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Alright, if this is true then I officially have no use for the mainstream media anymore.
Why is it that every time something earth shattering (no pun intended) happens, I find out about it on ATS first?

I don't watch the MSM, yet I still know more than anyone who does...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by deometer

Originally posted by deometer
That's what I was wondering, too. Here's an "interactive" map of that event:

www.latimes.com...

Keep an eye out for some 6's, I guess (they hit the day after during that series).

That is freaky to watch.. It started with a 7+ on Wed, followed by a few 6+'s Thurs and then it gets quiet, almost no activity over the next full day and then BAM!!!!!

The 9 mag hits, silent video but when I saw that black circle hit it boomed in my head. I really hope the worse is over, that these are aftershocks of the 9 mag but after watching that I'm not so sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Alright, if this is true then I officially have no use for the mainstream media anymore.
Why is it that every time something earth shattering (no pun intended) happens, I find out about it on ATS first?

Don't know which mainstream media you listen too.
I heard it on Fox News ,when I woke up at 5:30 AM...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Two of my friends were caught up in this quake. One of them said it was more of a fluid rolling that a violent shaking. No real reports of damage, and the worst tsunami warning given was for waves 1-2 meters in size.

Albeit it a rather large quake, Japan seems to have scrapped by with minimal damage. Thankfully.

Nothing beats getting news first hand! don't have to miss out on details, or rely on numbers that can change from source to source.

edit on 7-12-2012 by MmmPie because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
All these doom hounds sitting around wishing for something bad to happen, so they can get some excitement in their boring lives. When something bad DOES happen, it happens to someone else, and then they can sit in the comfort of their home and get off on the excitement. Seriously, what is wrong with some of these people? If something bad was about to happen to you, how excited are you going to be, knowing someone in your family may die?
edit on 7-12-2012 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
TSUNAMI warnings have been cancelled..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Japan Again what God or Gods are they pissing off

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
People in northeast Japan being told to get to higher ground
Tsunami alert issued
www.abc.net.au...

Oh dear! Was there one? Any word? Sure hope not.

Originally posted by douggie60
TSUNAMI warnings have been cancelled..

Got my answer. Phew!

edit on 7-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

I'm guessing the reason so many people took offense to his comment, is because he struck a nerve. Some people enjoy broadcasting their feelings to the world, based on an emotional need to feel important and relevant.

Nope. It was his arrogance that only the USA has the internet. Or posts on ATS.

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

This is an American site, and it's really late here.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Where are the mods? Like 30 off topic posts commenting about me.
"Get banned" was one of them... charming.

It was late night/early morning where I am. I appreciate that there are many different time zones. For real? Do you really think I don't know this site is global?

I didn't want to go through 5 pages of OMG's at 5 am, here in America, to get to the meat being added to this thread. Holy God, I'll try to articulate perfectly after a few cocktails at 5am next time. Stay on topic, it's really getting embarrassing to see so many people wasting time trying to get to me. You can't, don't waste your time. Stay on tpic and move on with your lives.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I heard about it on the radio on my way to work, along with the tsunami warning that was issued shortly there after.

I live in a small city of 200k

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No major Media corporations are reporting this at the moment. NO BREAKING NEWS from BBC or CNN, FOX, RT, SKY NEWS and others to think of.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

maybe you should get banned for motivating 30 people to comment about yo instead of the topic. You are hijacking the thread

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join