It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan captures vulture with Israeli spying device, Sudanese media say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
PressTV

Picture Description : Griffon Vultures can soar at up to 11,000 metres (36,100 ft) above sea level. A perfect vantage point?

Sudan has captured a vulture with Israeli spying equipment attached to it in the western Darfur region, Sudanese media say.

The vulture was on an espionage mission for the Tel Aviv. A GPS chip was attached to the bird. The bird had a leg band with labels that read in Hebrew - Israel Nature Service and Hebrew University, Jerusalem. The equipment fastened to the vulture was capable of taking photos and sending them back to Israel. Israel has denied such allegation and said those chips and the device were used to track migration of the bird .

History : In 2011 , A griffon vulture was captured in Saudi Arabia . The bird had Israeli spying equipment attached to one of its legs and a label which read - Tel Aviv University . Read Here : BBC

Picture Description : A vulture flies away after being freed in the Negev Desert following an Israeli project during which 66 vultures were captured for monitoring, marking and ringing the vulture population in the desert.

edit on 7-12-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Another Link : Ynetnews

The Opposition in Sudan was quick to mock the "spy bird" find: The country's Justice and Equality Movement featured the news on its website, asking: "How is it possible that the regime was able to detect one vulture, but was unable to detect the jets that bombed the arms facility?"

The website further ridiculed the authorities' report of the case, which lauded it as an "unprecedented achievement," saying that all state reports about the bird's seizure failed to mention whether the vulture was captured because the military's radar picked up on its GPS signal, or whether the bird just happened to be flying by.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
That is a creative way to spy. Vultures are cool birds. I kinda want one myself.

Nice spin claiming it was tracking migration patterns.

When I first saw the title I thought of this guy.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

When I first saw the title I thought of this guy.

The picture you posted is too Funny - Vulture with Camera on his hands !

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So wheres the pics of this fearsoe spy vulture....
I wonder they didnt have a small hellfire missle attahed too

Id wait for the other side of the story i think before rushing to judgement......

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I wonder they didnt have a small hellfire missle attahed to

If they attach Hellfire in it , it will be a -- Living Combat Drone

Id wait for the other side of the story i think before rushing to judgement

Other side has already commented . They said , those device attached to the bird were used to track the migration, not spy

edit on 7-12-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Other side has already commented . They said , those device attached to the bird were used to track the migration, not spy

That would explain why it was marked "Israeli Nature Service." If it was spy equipment, it would be unmarked, wouldn't it? Case closed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by UltraMarine

That would explain why it was marked "Israeli Nature Service." If it was spy equipment, it would be unmarked, wouldn't it? Case closed.

You Forgot to read the OP article which says :

The equipment fastened to the vulture was capable of taking photos and sending them back to Israel

That means the vulture was equipped with Spy gadget .
So Case Not closed .

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xplorer

That means the vulture was equipped with Spy gadget .
So Case Not closed .

Naturalists are interested in how vultures find their prey in the wild. It would be interesting to get a vulture's eye view of the process. What is Sudan trying to hide that Israel would want to spy on? Again, if it was MOSSAD, would they be stupid enough to label their spy equipment in Hebrew? Case very closed.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What is Sudan trying to hide that Israel would want to spy on?

- Ammunition Factories
- Training camps [ Hamas / Hezbollah]

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xplorer
reply to post by DJW001

What is Sudan trying to hide that Israel would want to spy on?

- Ammunition Factories
- Training camps [ Hamas / Hezbollah]

So how do they train the vultures to spot ammunition factories and training camps?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ever watch the tv show about the guy who trained crows to pick up coins and put them in a machine to give them food?

I think the basis for his research started when we figured out somebody else had been training crows against us.

Of course birds are used for military activity. Cheap and can be trained. They can even put chips in chickens brains and make them little radio controlled robots to walk right into someplace and detonate the grenade in their keister.

new topics

top topics

join