It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Things You Need to Know About the Large Hadron Collider Now - Popular Mechanics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
popularmechanics

1. It isn't the world's first doomsday machine. Read more:
5 Things You Need to Know About the Large Hadron Collider Now - Popular Mechanics
2. Even if the world is going to end, it won't be on Wednesday. Read more: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Large Hadron Collider Now - Popular Mechanics
3. It isn't the biggest particle accelerator ever planned. Read more: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Large Hadron Collider Now - Popular Mechanics

PM never ceases to amaze me.
Nothing to see here move along attitude is now over the top.imo

edit on 6-12-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting quoted text. It doesn't have anything to do with the link you put in the original post at all. It's about saving the SS United States ocean liner.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Fixed however that was an interesting mistake.

Thanks...

mistake

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
When is it going live again?

I thought 12/21, but is it the 12th?

Me think they doth protest to much.

Nothing to worry about? And I'm a green Martian.
edit on 6-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just bumped an older thread about the LHC.

It's just incredible to me that they plan to crank it up to full power for the first time starting on
December 17 and arriving at full power on Dec. 21, 2012!

Are they tempting fate?
Taunting GOD with their search for a particle they attribute as "god".
Is this about a sick sense of humor. Why now?

Why did they choose this date to power it up for what they call the FINAL test before shutdown
to be reactivated with upgrades in 2014 providing...Providing what? They don't create black holes?
Providing they don't pull the magnetic core of Earth off kilter.
I don't get it.

It is insane to me to even try to create an small internal sun in a jar.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

One day i shall join you on your squirrel infested muddy soil.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is not a coincidence that they may incorporate SATAN antenna, HAARP to provide power to generate, to search for the so-called "god particle", and have as the god to represent them Shiva the god of destruction.

www.hmdb.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
10 bucks says it fails. It's too complex to work.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here's an interesting link, daily summary and meeting info:

lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

He is the ruler of the air for now.

Satan attempted to usurp God's plan and was cast out of heaven to this earth and denied the chance of receiving a physical body. He and his followers, as spirits, tempt and try humanity. Because Satan does not have a body and is the leader of those that followed him, he is called the prince of the air. It is a definition that represents his non-corporeal nature.

wiki

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Those are good eats, we grill them when Curiosity isn't looking, then we scurry back into the center of the planet.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok.....I have a blond question....

How can they recreate the temp. Of the sun in this thing without melting everything?

100,000 degrees?

My blond brain does not compute.

Wrong temperature, more like 100,000 times the heat of the sun, no worries.
edit on 7-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh yeah and it was the central theme to the book Angels and Demons also, wasn't it?

This is the topic tonight on Clyde Lewis. Ground Zero radio.
Pretty scary topic.

Interesting link in the post above. That last LHC entry, what does MAD stand for?
Mutual assured destruction?

Oops this was directed at timetothink.
edit on 6-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

public.web.cern.ch...

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) can achieve an energy that no other particle accelerators have reached before, but Nature routinely produces higher energies in cosmic-ray collisions. Concerns about the safety of whatever may be created in such high-energy particle collisions have been addressed for many years. In the light of new experimental data and theoretical understanding, the LHC Safety Assessment Group (LSAG) has updated a review of the analysis made in 2003 by the LHC Safety Study Group, a group of independent scientists.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I am not sure what codes are, I will investigate though.

Anybody have any thoughts on the time machine angle?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Thanks, I was reading that a few minutes ago.

One worry was that they stated they are sure nothing would happen based on the theories of gravity from Einstein.

Aren't physicists questioning those theories these days?

I just don't trust any of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Temp of lava:

1200c

If we were closer to the sun we would start to burn up, I don't know of anything on earth able to withstand the heat of the sun......

Sorry talking out loud.

You're probably wondering, so yes, that converts to over 180 million degrees Fahrenheit (not that you'd ever want to know what that feels like). This is about ten times the temperature of the surface of the Sun! What may be even more amazing is that the heat released by a nuclear explosion only accounts for 35 percent of its total energy. At temperatures this high, matter cannot exist in its typical solid, liquid, or gaseous state. This results in a substance being stripped of all its electrons and existing as an ionized plasma! Read more at www.omg-facts.com...

www.omg-facts.com...

The Alice heavy-ion experiment, a sister project to the more-famous Atlas and CMS experiments, collided lead ions to create -- for just a split second -- a quark-gluon plasma with a heat of around 5.5 trillion degrees Kelvin. Or Celsius. It doesn't really make much difference at temperatures that high.

www.wired.co.uk...

Well however it happens, it didn't kill us yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A question and a comment:

Although it is a moot point, whatever or whoever gave them the right to tempt disaster to the potential of global devastation or just a broken fingernail on my behalf?

And,

IF the worst happens because of the LHC or something else and there is no warning, then there should be no pain and no memory of the event. Those of us who are Christian claim to have no fear of death, but I think the truth is that we are free to be as afraid as anyone. We just have a pretty solid follow-up planned.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The theme on Clyde Lewis seems to be that they are possibly seeking a stargate.
To let something in or out of universe.

Did you hear the caller who claimed to have been on the security team that interviewed the 1000s of scientists
that would work on the project at one time or another?
He claims it definitely has a "religious" theme. Something about the prior director resigning because her math calculations after a previous experiment showed that black holes could be a problem because they couldn't be contained.

I didn't believe him. I thought he was using it as a platform to express his own opinions.
He seemed not to understand the the GOD of the Jews is the same GOD to the Moslems that they are both descended as sons of Abraham.

But, in any case he said this is about a GOD vs god thing.

We should notice if there are any major changes in the Earth driven by an alignment at the equator of the galaxy and the 9300 high-powered magnets if for instance the Sun should arise in the South vs East!! (changes in Sun and moon and stars might mean we are off our axis)
Or it is followed by major earthquakes in one place after another.

Do they want to bring about Revelations?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I have heard debates on this and basically the scientists decided that the rewards to the human race outweighed the risk.

So, no I don't think they considered us at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join