It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Government Spending!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Wow.. Thank You. (debate mode turned off..)

I really appreciate your reply and it's enlightening. This is an area I know "all about" by novel and a few non-fiction books...which is to say, among laymen, I know a bit but hearing opinions and logic by those who have made real serious efforts in life to learn and understand the issues is priceless.

So, to clarify, the science on this is such that we can learn most of what we need to develop solutions from without sending probes out to follow Voyager 1 & 2 (with modern tech)? Additionally, I hadn't realized orbital time was that productive. I know that sounds outright ignorant to say, but I sheepishly admit the Media is as much a source of news for this topic as anywhere else.

I guess one of my concerns here is that we live in a downright boring place. Nothing really seems to happen in our little corner of the Milky Way. Now given what "happening" seems to mean, looking elsewhere, I imagine we ought to be quite happy about that. You sound confident in figuring we can learn enough inside the Solar System and without full colonies on Luna and Mars to learn from? Sounds good. I'll take your word on this as I don't have better info...and your take is encouraging enough so I don't really want to look for any either.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by XPLodER

Wow.. Thank You. (debate mode turned off..)

no worries bud

I really appreciate your reply and it's enlightening. This is an area I know "all about" by novel and a few non-fiction books...which is to say, among laymen, I know a bit but hearing opinions and logic by those who have made real serious efforts in life to learn and understand the issues is priceless.

it is partly through working with writers to enable the ideas and concepts to be communicated to the general public,
that will inspire the engineers and astronauts of tomorrow, to work on this project, it will be our childrens children who get to take the trip to other stars

So, to clarify, the science on this is such that we can learn most of what we need to develop solutions from without sending probes out to follow Voyager 1 & 2 (with modern tech)? Additionally, I hadn't realized orbital time was that productive. I know that sounds outright ignorant to say, but I sheepishly admit the Media is as much a source of news for this topic as anywhere else.

i do believe we will send more probes like voyager out to the edge of our solar system, but they will be designed to extensively test our new knowledge of the conditions we encounter. we continue to add structures and sensors to the ISS and in some cases "test" new optics and tech in space conditions. this will be the best way to design long lived tech.

I guess one of my concerns here is that we live in a downright boring place. Nothing really seems to happen in our little corner of the Milky Way. Now given what "happening" seems to mean, looking elsewhere, I imagine we ought to be quite happy about that. You sound confident in figuring we can learn enough inside the Solar System and without full colonies on Luna and Mars to learn from?

i would suggest a lunar base and robotic vehicles would be required to mine fuel for our ships,
MIT mining the moon
i would also suggest we "perfect" our moon bases BEFORE trying to head out into deep space

Sounds good. I'll take your word on this as I don't have better info...and your take is encouraging enough so I don't really want to look for any either.

i am no expert you understand,
this is just one of my areas of study, so please dont take my opinions as any but that,
my humble opinion

xploder

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know if Jesus died for the Klingons, but the Klingons already have a savior...

The Kuvah'Magh

"You would know me before I know the world." "You will follow in my footsteps before I have made them." "The kuvah'magh is younger than old age and stronger than sickness." "You will find me after two warring houses make peace." "The kuvah'magh will be descended from a noble house."

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join