It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos declared ARTIFICIAL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by ArMaP

Really, those images are not true probe data simulations? I didn't know that. I didn't intend, by posting the video, to promote R. Hoagland, so much, as just to have a look at the Phobos moon and the alleged monolith.

Those are real probe photos. The issue is with banging them all in into a video about Phobos. The Phobos monolith is a big boulder. While certainly an interesting feature, it's not unique or abnormal. There are many giant boulders on Earth, Moon, and other bodies in the Solar System. In fact, given the new explanation that Phobos formed from the rubble ejected by an impact, the boulder makes sense.

A 120 meter-wide boulder sits in the Moon's Tycho crater: www.nasa.gov...

The rectangular-looking monolith on Mars is probably a large chunk of bedrock which broke off and slid down the nearby slope. www.dailymail.co.uk...

A large square rock on Earth: www.kuederle.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

In my opinion, that movie sucked pretty hard. Not to mention that there is no scientific basis for anything that happens in the entire movie. Couple that with the Rock playing yet another prick, I'd say it's the same old crap action/scifi/horror movie that I've personally in different incarnations 4 times now. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

The movie is based on a game, not much can be expected from that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I find it funny that NO ONE has mentioned Buzz Aldrin, and what he said about Phobos! lol

I just have one question.

Why would someone who landed on the moon, decide to destroy his reputation, by making such claims?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just for your amusement... all the data reported there harkens back to a single link....

www.enterprisemission.com...

It is definitely worth the read.... although rich in speculation.. it's worth noting that the 'odd thing' about Phobos has been studied separately by two different research efforts decades apart... and came up with the same curious indications... that Phobos is in fact at least 1/3 hollow....

I can't speak for the story about Buzz Aldrins' "monolith" comment... I pity those early astronauts who were trained to operate in a cold war paranoia mindset.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Why would someone who landed on the moon, decide to destroy his reputation, by making such claims?

What claims?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There is no ambiguity in what he is saying there. Notice he says potato shaped object and not moon. Very, very odd statements from Buzz. A slip of the tongue and a little too much information which he later tried to back track out of.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Notice he says potato shaped object and not moon.

He says both "moon" and "potato shaped object".

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No backtracking. Alex asked him what he thought.

At 5:35 Aldrin says:

It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Helious

No backtracking. Alex asked him what he thought.

At 5:35 Aldrin says:

It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

Directly to your point, yes, there is backtracking. Please see Here for that.

That said,in my opinion, what he said after that original interview is of little matter as he had plenty of time to think about what he said and scale it down or back if you will. When it first came up, he used the word Monolith and he specifically said "when people find out about that they are going to wonder who put it there." Then, you could see the switch flip and he went on to say that the universe put it there.

Look, everyone's going to process what he said differently if even slightly and not just what he said but how he said it, the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes. At the very least I think we can all agree that it is an odd set of statements from Buzz be it old age or a slip of the tongue.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That said,in my opinion, what he said after that original interview is of little matter as he had plenty of time to think about what he said and scale it down or back if you will.
Aldrin has been thinking about Phobos for quite a while.

The last step toward Mars, around 2025, would be a landing on the planet’s 17-mile-wide moon, Phobos, which orbits less than 4000 miles above Mars. A Phobos base would be the perfect perch from which to monitor and control the robots that will build the infrastructure on the Martian surface, in preparation for the first human visitors.

buzzaldrin.com...

At the very least I think we can all agree that it is an odd set of statements from Buzz be it old age or a slip of the tongue.

Or an effort to stimulate public interest in developing a cohesive manned space exploration program to get to Mars. With Phobos being a major step in that program. He was and has been trying to promote this plan.

Aldrin doesn't believe we are being visited by aliens. Aldrin doesn't believe the monolith on Phobos is anything but a rock.
edit on 12/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Aldrin doesn't believe we are being visited by aliens. Aldrin doesn't believe the monolith on Phobos is anything but a rock.

I don't know what he does or does not believe, all I know is what he publicly states as I do not know the man personally and as such can not attest to his personal beliefs, only his public ones.

And if the studies on Phobos turn out to be correct and it is 1/3 hollow I would have to say that would be the best place to stage a Mars base and platform for travel between Mars and the Earth. A ready made shield from radiation and space debris at a bargain price. An interesting rock with interesting possibilities to say the least.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

news.nationalgeographic.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

The first photo is from Mars, not from Phobos.

And why did you post those other two photos?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I know i know BIN is not the best source but well..............chek it oot I think its for real....??

You do know that "Before It's News" is ridiculously less reliable than Wikipedia don't you?.....anyone can put any story they want there with no evidence required whatsoever.

So tell me again.....why do you think it's for real?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I thought about the Norway Vault when I looked at the image, which brings up some very interesting possibilities like what might be waiting for people to discover.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The whole thing strikes me as completely odd. Here Aldrin gets all excited about a monolith on Phobos, says if people jknew about this they'd (pause) err....The Universe put it there."

The Universe.

How completely lame. he may be getting a bit old, but the guy has a PhD. He's no dummy. Suddenly he goes from being completely animated toa robotic response. It's like someone said,

"And I just happen to know who killed....ummm My Dad was a great father."

And we've got the pic. Look at the shadow. I'm cool with the Face on Mars, tennis shoes, rats, and all sorts of stuff that are really rocks, but I just don't think we can explain this one away that easily.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
And we've got the pic.

Which one?

Photos from other places were posted, so I guess identifying which one you are talking about would help.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Imagine the "leap" people would take with the arrival of the contents of a city sized doomsday vault on Phobos or Mars. The opposite of what people thought they should do. The idea was to find the vault, not build a vault. The next step for people with the help of a past civilization.
Seeds. Imagine where that could take you.
History. It would send people into a frenzy. That in itself would change the civilization. The change people have been waiting for.
Medicine. Can you imagine?

If people were to find such a vault on Mars or Phobos, it would in a sense be like a time machine with how the contents would inspire the civilization. It could propel the civilization thousands of years into the future.

edit on 7-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
beforeitsnews.com has about as much credibility as Wikipedia for a source of information, probably a lot less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join