It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexicans rush to obtain passports (We are a part of the US)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I"m just really not sure what to make of this whole debacle. Apparently, under the Real Id Act (which goes back to 2005), New Mexicans will have to show a passport to go through an airport or ANY Federal Building. Im not sure what is going on here, or why its even considered necessary, being as NM is inside the continental United States, and has been for over 60 years or so. This just makes me wonder whats next, and how many other states will have to go through this mandate and if it is a stepping stone to some other nefarious plans.

Scores of New Mexicans are in a race against time to get a passport before the federal Real ID Act goes into effect on January 15th, 2013. Starting that day, New Mexicans will not be allowed to use a driver's license as identification to get through airport security or enter a federal building.

Essentially, the act states, federal agencies cannot accept state-issued driver's licenses or ID cards if the state does not meet minimum security standards, which include, "evidence that the applicant is a U.S. Citizen." Since proof of citizenship is not required to get a license in New Mexico, the state does not meet that standard. "People who are U.S. citizens, and New Mexicans should not be penalized because of those who aren't," Iona Barela, who also needs a passport, said.

However, thankfully, Governor Martinez is working on fixing this problem, and it won't be too much of a burden on those who fly out of for various reasons. Im really not sure how this will affect those flying into NM, but its going to be interesting to see where this leads.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what other's thoughts were on this situation.

www.kob.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'll have to do some more reading, but I don't see anything good coming from this. I see this as just another brick in the wall. Things like this tend to have a domino effect with other states.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Not only you'll see bricks coming through the walls but I bet there will be mass protests too.

LA riots 2 will be premiering I bet.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

As crazy as it seems... I think it's the appropriate action. I don't actually recall having to show proof that I was a citizen of the US.

There has to be a form of national standards when it comes to entering Federal buildings... after all, it is 'Federal' and it wouldn't make any sense for a single state to allow for individuals to bypass security initiatives taken by the Federal government in order to further prevent any number of crimes.

As far as airlines go... still agree. Doesn't it fall into interstate commerce, so does the commerce clause then apply? Or is it.. federal aviation regulations?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
lol, maybe taking the name New Mexico was a bad idea. Dunno.

Heres an answer, "SELF DEPORT" thats right, cross a line.

Seriously though hope it works out. Sounds like a mess. Birth certificates are good.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
New Mexico should require all visitors to get a visa or a tourist stamp on their passport at the border before they can enter the "Land of Enchantment" and convert all their Dollars into tortillas.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Do you really expect the guys at the border to be able to distinguish between any type of mexican? New or otherwise? Who needs the hassle? Buy your Passport NOW! /sarcasm off More dumbing down.
It's just a reason to crank more money into the system, get your passport so you've got papers and now be well documented good citizens. Anything that cranks the wheels of justice preys upon your pockets.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
I'll have to do some more reading, but I don't see anything good coming from this. I see this as just another brick in the wall. Things like this tend to have a domino effect with other states.

I find it ironic the FEderal government disallows New Mexico drivers licences because the state does not require a person to show citizenship before obtaining a license.

They require it in order to deal with and enter federal buildings yet throw a damn temper tantrum when states want people to show citizenship before voting in elections.

I think the states should tell the federal government that they are required to have special ID's, must register their residence and allow their phone / internet lines to be taooed in order to live in a state.

The federal governments assinine hypocrisy is getting old.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A lot of secret stuff has and is going on in New Mexico.
The FEDs, CIA, etc Illuminati perhaps are just playing it safe so no Tesla ship
inventor goes to secret meetings or more important non secret meetings
and says what he knows even though they probably have no case that any
thing found was through security channels, they are just monitoring some
so all have to be given passport inspections and reports.

ED:They didn't care how Von Braun got there but somehow what he did
in NM is still a closely guarded secret and they can't let it out.

edit on 12/7/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is definitely chickens coming home to roost.
The dems in New Mexico turned the state into a sanctuary state and now we are paying for their folly.

I was thinking the same thing the other day about "New Mexico" state name being not so good an idea.

BTW I'm not rushing out to get a passport. I'm not planning to fly or enter a federal building any time soon.
edit on 12/10/2012 by 1PLA1 because: added text.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
Birth certificates are good.

No they are not.
They are as bad as SSN and any other sort of documentation.
You are free without them with them you are mere property to be cataloged fleeced and tracked.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Originally posted by Nephalim
Birth certificates are good.

No they are not.
They are as bad as SSN and any other sort of documentation.
You are free without them with them you are mere property to be cataloged fleeced and tracked.

I really wish Sovereign Citizens would do research before making claims that are not true. They are no different than Cafeteria Catholics...

Pick and choose what works and benefiets just you while ignoring any and all items you dont care for or agree with.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So whatever happened with this, was it resolved?
Sorry to necro, but didnt see a reason to start a whole new thread.

Oh yea, "cafeteria catholic." Hmm, sounds pretty strait up. Had I thought of that myself, it would have used that for my ats handle. Good job X

new topics

top topics

join